Pathfinder: Kingmaker

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Maybe it's just me, but other than me fucking up my kingdom because of Hill Giant shenanigans, I haven't had any issues. However I didn't hit the later stages of the game til after the big patch.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Started a 4 man, Scaled Fist Monk, Sylvan Sorc, Herald Caller Cleric, Knifemaster Rogue going Two-Weapon stuff (will replace with Nok-nok) and man it feels like I'm just crushing. The only trouble I've had was Technic League random encounter at level 2, which you are forced to fight if you don't have game companions. That was fucking brutal when they've got something like 23 AC, Archer is rolling +12 to hit with Rapid Shot, etc. I was also fatigued, I must have wiped 10+ times on that, but since that point up through level 7 now, working on Troll Trouble, I don't think I've died 5 times

So do we still have to cheat to create new party members early or what?

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
You never had to cheat (not really?) you just stay level 1 until you could hire them and it only took 100g each (though checked for 500?). I'm not sure if it ever got fixed. I always cheated and set their xp to same as main char though.

Now I've started cheating and just respec'ing the companions to whatever I'd like to play with on the run (Reg is Sylvan Sorc, Octavia is a Herald Caller in my current run).

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
You never had to cheat (not really?) you just stay level 1 until you could hire them and it only took 100g each (though checked for 500?). I'm not sure if it ever got fixed. I always cheated and set their xp to same as main char though.

Now I've started cheating and just respec'ing the companions to whatever I'd like to play with on the run (Reg is Sylvan Sorc, Octavia is a Herald Caller in my current run).

Oh, how do I respec them? My Reg died at the Stag Lord then I left, forgot to pick up his body and it became the fort... so he's gone for good.

lol.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Well it looks like my playthrough is pushed back to December. First DLC due then seems to be the only one that adds content directly to the base game so might as well wait for that to start considering I've waited this long.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Endless dungeon will be playable fitting the game too, but that's far off. It's also amazing, I can't wait for that

Shmoopy

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Endless dungeon will kinda fix a lot since you'll be able to XP and gold grind.

Anyway just finished on Normal. Took 130 hours. First game I've played that legit took over 100 hours with no DLC or expansions.

Non-spoiler things that would make the game better:

- increase or remove most of the timers
- balance pass from House At End of Time on to the end game
- problems / opportunity occur less
- you should be able to continue your Kingdom after winning the game

-

bytes

Molten Core Raider
I'd wager 40 out of those 130 hours were spent in loading screens.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

gandalf

Trakanon Raider
Anyone still playing ? I see a new DLC Wilcards is out now. Is it worth/safe to start playing now ?

gandalf

Trakanon Raider
Good to hear. I have had this game on my radar since release, but I have delayed my purchase due to all those bugs.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
I'll be coming back to it after the poe league.

I cooked my braincells good making characters and do intend to come back to them.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
So this is 30 bucks on Steam and Good Old Games right now. It seems most of the severe issues have been resolved? I want this game I enjoyed what I played of this module but have delayed due to all the bugs.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I think it's easily worth 30 bucks if you are into these types of games. I put like 200 hours in having to restart once because of me screwing up and gettng my kingdom destroyed.

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
I actually bought the deluxe version with the soundtrack, art stuff, and the adventure that's being written. 47 bucks.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
The game is totally worth it. I probably won't put more time into it until infinite dungeon. I already have like 300 his in though

• 2Like

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
Is there preffered starting classes? Im seeing a lot of people recommend Paladin and Druid for shape shifting.

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
Those sound like terrible recommendations. You can play anything though

What would you recommend then? Im leaning towards Armored Hulk Barbarian but that might be terrible later on.

Last edited: