Pathfinder: Kingmaker

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Finally cleared my a2 quests and have some open highway to some barony shit.

Looks like I might wanna stack military considering the whole "if your kingdom gets destroyed" thing

The biggest dangers come not from without, but from within. Lots of Problems that erode 'Stability' in particular.

• 1Jonesing
Reactions: 1 user

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Started a 4 man, Scaled Fist Monk, Sylvan Sorc, Herald Caller Cleric, Knifemaster Rogue going Two-Weapon stuff (will replace with Nok-nok) and man it feels like I'm just crushing. The only trouble I've had was Technic League random encounter at level 2, which you are forced to fight if you don't have game companions. That was fucking brutal when they've got something like 23 AC, Archer is rolling +12 to hit with Rapid Shot, etc. I was also fatigued, I must have wiped 10+ times on that, but since that point up through level 7 now, working on Troll Trouble, I don't think I've died 5 times

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
Trying not to get any spoilers at all (even small ones), so forgive me if this has been stated already-

Did the big "fix shit" patch go through and is this thing finally worth starting?

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Not yet. They haven't said when, and they said there would be some beta of it first. I'm prone to believe maybe next Monday, but probably later in the week next week.

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
Not yet. They haven't said when, and they said there would be some beta of it first. I'm prone to believe maybe next Monday, but probably later in the week next week.

Thanks for the heads up then. It's annoying they haven't fixed it yet, but I suppose it's more important that they get it right

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Going to start a new char with some tips from builds (don't know what I am doing at all) after 1.1. However, based on the hotfixes I am also going to wait a week or two after 1.1 since based on reading this thread nearly every hotfix has broken something. I assume that 1.1 is going to become 1.1.1, 1.1.2 and 1.1.3 fairly quickly.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
This game is the most fun I've ever had getting kicked in the balls.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
so how fucked is it?

Been waiting for this to play (will wait some more), and so far I think at least two major bugs are found
- In a love story (with the non dwarf priest) there is a section that auto zones you to somewhere. But the follow up is bugged so that triggers every time you enter the main city hold which forces you back to the story zone, so you can't progress past it

- Bug found where camping in the map screen disables camping and your portraits. Centres map on city and auto loops a walking animation (reloading save fixes it). So need to be sure to save before resting.

- Damage multiplier is bugged. Might be tied to 0.8 damage setting (normal difficulty default setting). The modification damage is set to 8 not 0.8. Changing the difficulty slider fixes it I think people said. But unless changed something that was supposed to hit for 7 does 70. Example from the steam discussion gives an example of the damage is listed as 21, then says "current difficulty setting adjust damage to 168"

Still not fixed several skills, questlines and dialogues.

Last edited:

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I think the game is pretty great, and it's a good time to get it unless you want to wait until some point in the future when it's bundled with all the DLC's and stuff

Season Pass is up on steam, and it has some information about the DLC's. DLC 1 and 2 seem good, DLC 3 is the greatest shit ever

The Season Pass includes:
DLC 1
The Wildcards - December, 2018

• A new playable race. During the poll to decide which bonus race we were going to add to the game, one particular option was requested a lot (besides the winner - Aasimars): Tieflings, the people with a drop of demonic blood in their veins. They didn't make it into the base game, but became the natural choice for the first piece of post-release content.

• A new playable class. They master the raw power of the elements, channeling it into their wild talents to manipulate the world around them. Kineticists are living conduits of primal energy, deadly both in close and ranged combat.

• A new companion. If you combine a race with a class, you get a character. Welcome your new companion, the Tiefling Kineticist who comes, just like every other companion, with her own storyline. She could also be a romance option and may hold one of the positions in the Kingdom.
(post-launch content, a $7,99 value).

DLC 2
Varnhold's Lot - February , 2019*

A new bonus campaign. While celebrating your victory at Jamandi Aldori's mansion, you've met another hero of the Stolen Lands: the mercenary captain Maegar Varn. While you're building your barony in the Shrike Hills and Narlmarshes, Varn and his people are establishing their own nation of Varnhold in the rocky foothills of Dunsward. What did they have to go against? Play this new story, and export the consequences of the choices you've made there into the main campaign!

This exciting new side story is about the size of one chapter of our main campaign and will take 6-12 hours to complete, depending on your playstyle.
(post-launch content, a $11,99 value).

DLC 3
Beneath The Stolen Lands - April, 2019*

A new game mode. Sometimes you want to play a story with memorable characters, rich lore, and a complicated set of choices and consequences. But then there are days when you just want to grab a sword, cast some spells, and destroy a horde of monsters! This DLC will introduce a rogue-like randomly generated endless dungeon, complete with a new unique boss. You can explore it in a separate game, or as a part of your main campaign. How deep can you go?
(post-launch content, a $9,99 value).

*Expansion pack launch dates are estimates and are subject to change.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I'll hold off on the DLC. I enjoyed the game a lot but decided to wait out the bugs and design issues. I'll get back to it at 1.1.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
yeah, i've actually really appreciated their post-release schedule. i mean, i'd appreciate it more if they weren't forced into releasing a game still in beta, but what're ya gonna do