Pathfinder: Kingmaker

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
I played it upon release. It was busted and it was still busted months later. Haven't touched it since so kind of?

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
I won't get the new one until it's been out for 6 months. That's about how long it took to fix the first one.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I won't get the new one until it's been out for 6 months. That's about how long it took to fix the first one.
Honestly that's true even for the better games, waiting means you get the DLCs and whatever new content gets added+bug fixes for the same or lower price. The only reason to buy a game right away is if you want to play it right then to discuss it with other people, because you can't wait or because you fear you'll read spoilers. And obviously if the game is multi. But if none of the above applies it's just smarter and better to wait a year or whatever, get the definitive edition on sale and enjoy your games cheap and polished(kinda).

Like I'll get Cyberpunk when it releases for example, but it'd be 100% better to wait until late 2021 to get the game on sale with all DLCs for 25-30bucks.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I didn't get Kingmaker until almost a year later(on sale, of course)and it is honestly one of the best RPGs I've played in the past decade or more. Definitely the best CRPG I've played since probably NWN2.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
I bought it at launch and gave up due to bugs, but I have it on my "What to play during Christmas" list.

Edit: I recommend trying out the turn based combat mod.

Vimeseh

Trakanon Raider
I bought it at launch and gave up due to bugs, but I have it on my "What to play during Christmas" list.

Edit: I recommend trying out the turn based combat mod.
Yup, that mod is great. I think turn based is just the way to go at this point with these types of games right now and I hope larian sticks it in to BG3 since they have done the best iteration of it in the original sin games.

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah, it really needs to be built in from scratch to avoid balance issues. IIRC the mod for Kingmaker can make some characters and some fights too easy.

Caliane

Turn based was more enjoyable. but, yeah did have some balance issues back and forth, as some things were changed to be action focused.

The game was too long, but playing turn based didnt effect that. becuase that time was more enjoyable. The time wasted was on stupid management shit, quicksave/loads, due to poor balance, etc.
I decided I was happy with the game as it was, around 5th? act, dealing with Pitax. having heard the ending was shit, and finale was just an unfun slog, I decided, nah. im good where I am.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Definitive Edition coming out this month, August 18th. Launches on consoles as well. Includes all DLC and adds turn based mode without mods.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Definitive Edition coming out this month, August 18th. Launches on consoles as well. Includes all DLC and adds turn based mode without mods.

Turn based mode without needing mods?

1596324848778.jpeg

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I tried to replay it recently went just couldn't get the energy
Yeah lol. I finally started going through some games that I hadn't gotten to and found some good deals. Finished RDR2 and picked up AC:Odyssey. Still playing that then jumping into Horizons when it comes out.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user