Pathfinder: Kingmaker

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I had 0 experience in pathfindeer and even D&D for that matter. I went on the net and explored a bit and found some builds. Then I followed one or two. Later on into the game you get to know the systems and how they work pretty well. For my main I picked a slayer archer. then I downloaded a mod that let you respec your companions which helped in making a better group experience they way I wanted them specced.

Only issue with games like these I find is the first parts of the game are rellay fucking hard but then as you buld up your characters it becomes pretty easy later on. also from looking at steam I have about 140 hrs played in this one and it was 1.2 play through. I started blind fist time and restarted after researching a bit.

Also from reading about this game a bit, this was a kickstarted game which they probably had money issues later on and had to release the game. Their second one im betting will be 90% more polished than the first.

1st day purchase for me.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
1 week + 3-4 months for them to roll out a couple dozen patches to fix everything that was broken at release.
Hopefully not, but the Kickstarter cost me $28. Even if it's as bad as the first one, they made such a good game the first go-around that I'm willing to wait for fixes.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Truth!

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
My only main gripe about this game is how awesome certain parts of the story were but had a hard requirement of alignment that you had no way of knowing about. If you were the wrong alignment. Like the majority of people likely playing, it just ends stupidly.

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
There is not as many bugs in this one. It's just a UI overhaul from Kingmaker with a different story. I played through to the end with the beta client and it's nowhere near as bad as the first one.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
There really are a ludicrous number of classes in Pathfinder. You can make an entire adventure group out of weirdness you've never seen elsewhere. This makes the whole NPC system odd unless you completely rebuild each of the NPCs into something specialized.

Grabbit Allworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
There is not as many bugs in this one. It's just a UI overhaul from Kingmaker with a different story. I played through to the end with the beta client and it's nowhere near as bad as the first one.
I absolutey loved the first game, but I haven't touched any of the testing opportunities. In fact, I haven't even read much about the story because I want the experience to be as pure as possible.

Without spoilers, how does your limited experience with the sequel rate in comparison to the first? I'm not referring to bugs, more story, pacing, etc.

• 2Like

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
I absolutey loved the first game, but I haven't touched any of the testing opportunities. In fact, I haven't even read much about the story because I want the experience to be as pure as possible.

Without spoilers, how does your limited experience with the sequel rate in comparison to the first? I'm not referring to bugs, more story, pacing, etc.
It's a better overall experience for sure. It's going to be more overwhelming for people if you thought there was too much in the first.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

slippery

<Bronze Donator>

I'm pretty much in the same boat. I put like 3-400 hours in the first one with multiple playthroughs. Though (and this is a me thing) even though I've had the desire I've been unable to get back into it (because I know all the things the gameplay is less enjoyable). I've kept away from learning anything about this one so I can in blind for max enjoyment. Even though I backed the kickstarter I might actually wait a year or so to have DLC included in my initial play

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Downloaded Kingmaker, installed it. Ran it. Program black screened and crashed three times.

Pretty glad they had a free weekend and I didn't buy it.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
It's a better overall experience for sure. It's going to be more overwhelming for people if you thought there was too much in the first.
home video what GIF

• 1Like

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Preload is available on any platform (Steam, GOG, Epic) you choose if you backed the Kickstarter.
I feel like this needs to be commented on. This should just be a thing in gaming and yet we're all forced to pick the store that THEY tell us to.

It's a simple and extremely consumer-friendly practice that should be praised

• 2Solidarity

velk

Trakanon Raider
Hmm, started up a hard Kingmaker game with a sorcerer main this time. Holy crap sorcs are worthless at low level, the first archer I ran across in the prologue won initiative then insta-killed me with a crit, good start 8)

Also fun times having entire team standing around some dog or kobold while everyone misses their attack 4 rounds in a row ( and then you hit for 1 with acid splash ! woot ! ;p )

reavor

I'm With HER ♀
<Bronze Donator>
finished a solo run using a sorc/arcane trickster/vivisectionist on normal. very versatile but still having to abuse the AI for a lot of encounters, especially late game.

velk

Trakanon Raider
finished a solo run using a sorc/arcane trickster/vivisectionist on normal. very versatile but still having to abuse the AI for a lot of encounters, especially late game.

How did you actually kill anything at low levels ? I wouldn't have thought you had enough damage to solo anything ? At least I don't - I am probably doing something wrong, but once out of burning hands, spamming cantrips is slightly less effective than sternly worded letters.

• 1Like

reavor

I'm With HER ♀
<Bronze Donator>
that's why you put a level into vivisectionist early on get that backstab and +dex mutagen, max out dex + int, get weapon finesse first thing too. enemies helpless with grease and then backstabbing them works well enough in early levels.