Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous

velk

Trakanon Raider
I personally am not a "min/maxer", but I do enjoy looking at builds other players have come up with and simply copy those if I find them interesting in an "op" way.

Strangely enough, that's actually a pretty good place to be for this one. Mostly because creating effective OP builds from scratch requires literally hundreds of hours of study of obscure mechanics as well as extensive testing of exactly how those particular mechanics are implemented in game.

And then being prepared for your build to instantly turn to unusable shit due to balance changes.

I have to give them credit though - even with the most absurdly busted ridiculousness, the hardest difficulty is still damn challenging. ( Actually exhaustingly so - do not recommend unless you are a masochist ;p Especially without auto-buff mods )

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Highly recommend making an angel oracle for your first playthrough if you pick this up. It's an amazing game, one of the best CRPGs out there.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
New Warhammer Rogue Trader is releasing next month too from Owlcat. Should be good for another 200+ hours, lol.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Shmoopy

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Anyone else use the Toybox option "all characters get full mythic path"?

I'm sure someone could come up with way more insane combo, but 4 Legends, a Trickster, and an Angel are an OP party.

Main was Legend Slayer Deliverer 20, Ranger Demonslayer 20 and probably the most fun class I've played in any game. The passive damage is just absurd. Once your Trickster makes everything suicide I'll admit that kinda took the fun out of things.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I only used toybox for the auto buff feature. It becomes a huge pain in the ass to self buff all the fucking time.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
riiiiiiise.

jumping into WotR on core after breezing through Kingmaker on normal is a real eye opener, I didn't realize how much the game was nerfed even on normal until I went back and looked. Had a random ass crossbowman in the prologue kill my animal companion outright and then drop me into the negatives the next round. Also I've had the most retarded strings of low rolls on some fights. That water elemental is just a dumbass RNG fest but its 2024 and who isn't a slave to achievements at this point.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Caliane

one of us, one of us, one of us!

the cambians can one shot you easy in the prologue yeah.
the water elemental is very much intended to be a test. optional side boss. theres a few of those in the game. not really rng if you know what you are doing. save it for last, and use the potions. 2h glaive seelah, with str potions, while AC tanking camilla w cold resist ought to do it.

are you going in blind? did you read the thread, for tips, etc?

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
not really rng if you know what you are doing.
I probably have more d20 experience than the entire rest of this board put together.

Ok obviously that's a wild exaggeration for laughs but I do have somewhere in the vicinity of a couple thousand hours between tabletop and other CRPGs, and I'm coming directly from a Kingmaker playthrough so I'm quite fresh on the Owlcat's version of Pathfinder. First failed run the water elemental dropped one of my tanks with a nat 20, I forgot that elementals that size have reach, botched the defensive cast roll when I tried to heal the tank, and got gibbed by another natural 20 from the water ele. Second failed run the water ele rolled consecutive natural 20s again and killed seelah outright. Third attempt he went down and nobody took any damage at all, all three attempts with the same strat and same buffs. So a bit of a brainfart on my part with the first attempt but it still required back to back 20s from the elemental, second one was another set of consecutive 20s from the elemental. RNGfest is not an inaccurate term.

The boss-fight of the prologue was a bit hairy due to one of the things that Owlcat does that I really despise, the 'combat is interrupted for a split second to bring in scripted reinforcements and now you have to make fresh initiative rolls instead of maintaining the existing initiative order' but she didn't wipe the smite evil debuff like the devil in the Middle of Nowhere fight in Kingmaker did so Seelah was able to finish her off quickly. That shit kinda fucked me on the Lantern King fight too because Amiri and my MC obliterated the first two phases before my cleric got to act due to repeated low rolls, then he rolls low again going into Phase 3 and I have to watch the Wild Hunt army he spawns run wild because my cleric never got a chance to put up a heightened stinking cloud.