Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
God damnit to hell I need to finish my Kingmaker game.

• 4Solidarity
  • 3Like
Reactions: 6 users

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
No fucking summoner yet again makes baby Jesus cry. Still gonna back it, of course.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
King maker turned out to be a great game once they unfucked most of the bugs. I hope they can avoid too many when this releases, though I will expect more than a few.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I loved the first until I had to managed the keep than I stopped. I did the same in Pillars of Eternity 2 with the stupid boat stuff.

All I want is to take my party on a grand adventure, not ride in a stupid boat or manage a keep.

I'm probably alone in this though. Just wish they would stay focused on being a RPG adventure.

It's one of the reason I put Divinity Original Sin way above these...it's focused on just being a good RPG with no distractions from the main game.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Raes

Vyemm Raider
I loved the first until I had to managed the keep than I stopped. I did the same in Pillars of Eternity 2 with the stupid boat stuff.

All I want is to take my party on a grand adventure, not ride in a stupid boat or manage a keep.

I'm probably alone in this though. Just wish they would stay focused on being a RPG adventure.

It's one of the reason I put Divinity Original Sin way above these...it's focused on just being a good RPG with no distractions from the main game.

You can have an rpg with a keep/HQ that's just a cool place to store shit and craft, and build addons that give you bonuses or whatever. It's been done fine in other games, but yeah, the Pathfinder events stuff was just a bit much.

• 2Like

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Keep in mind that the game was based on the pathfinder campaign module which was designed around creating a barony.

• 2Like

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
First one was great. Probably the best CRPG I've played since NWN2. They definitely could've relaxed on making the kingdom building stuff so integral, but I understand they wanted to stay "true" to the module. I'm also a sucker for Heaven vs. Hell/Angels vs. Demons stuff, so if they stick with that narrative like they had planned, I'm fucking sold.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
I have run Wrath pen and paper version twice, some really cool shit. I wonder what they are going to do about the army battles. Also mythic abilities are insanely OP but you also fight mythic monsters. FUCK MYTHIC TROLLS!

• 2Like

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Funded stretch goals so far (they are only making/revealing new ones as the previous one gets reached):

1: Warpriest

2:
e833bbdb9e86bf475c4cfd84455ec31f_original.png

3:
6b5e6bd56ba0958cef5ae1d698065282_original.png

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
The version on Steam for like $40 the one to go for? Based on the previous comments seems worth it although could wait for a possible sale. Didn’t check price history.

• 1Like

Burns

The version on Steam for like $40 the one to go for? Based on the previous comments seems worth it although could wait for a possible sale. Didn’t check price history.

Best deal right now:
If you go to the Kickstarter page, there is a $43 option that gives you a Pathfinder: Kingmaker key, and the new game when it is released.

Steam or GoG works too, though. It was half off, on the last 2 steam sales, so if you wait until the winter sale (soon?), you can probably get it for $20.

• 1Like

Randin

Trakanon Raider
Really need to get around to Kingmaker at some point. Of course, I'm in the middle of finally playing Pillars 2, so I'm going to need a break before I'm ready to take on another lengthy isometric RPG, but hopefully I'll manage it before the sequel actually makes it out.

Shmoopy

I'm in. Kingmaker was one of the few RPGs I played twice within a year. Finished on release then again when directors cut released.

• 1Like

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah, if people are interested I'd recommend backing the $43 option to get a key. Very good game. Decided to back this, my first KS.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Best deal right now:
If you go to the Kickstarter page, there is a $43 option that gives you a Pathfinder: Kingmaker key, and the new game when it is released.

Steam or GoG works too, though. It was half off, on the last 2 steam sales, so if you wait until the winter sale (soon?), you can probably get it for $20.
Yeah, if people are interested I'd recommend backing the $43 option to get a key. Very good game. Decided to back this, my first KS.
I assume you don't get the key until the kickstarter is done though, can't find any confirmation but that'd make sense since Kickstarter doesn't actually give them money until it's over and it'd be weird for them to hand over keys when you can just cancel your pledge after.

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
GOG sent me an time limited offer for a discount on the the Imperial Edition (80€) bringing it to 32€.

Fanatical.com has a -65% deal bringing the same to around 30€ for the next 6 days, or -60% for the standard edition:

Also about that Adventure Path they are using, stolen from this reddit post:
Wrath of the Righteous

Good:

• Mythic rules
  • Very much about the players
  • Feels epic
  • Allows for some stellar good characters. Or even evil characters.
  • Remember all the bad with Jade Empire, with NPC's being in the way? This fixes all of that.

Bad:

• If you hate "You're the chosen ones" type games, run. Fast
  • High level play. You have to be prepared. Which means you need to know the Mythic Rules.
  • High level play. Which means your players have to be prepared, and some classes (Alchemist) don’t synergize as well.
  • There are some moments where the players are being directed just a tad too much
  • I’ve read it’s super easy mode once you get past some of the TPKs.

General Information

• Balance of RP to Fights: Decent balance, though don't expect to talk your way out of too many fights. Depends on the DM’s view of if Demons can be saved, etc.
  • Good to Read by itself: Yes. Somewhat hard at times, but it explores a region that is very interesting.
  • Main type of game: The Crusades... without that troublesome moral ambiguity
  • Lots of Travel or Staying in one place? It's mostly central to one city.