Patrick Rothfuss Kingkiller Chronicles

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
The rest of the book was flawed but readable. Itd have been tolerable as the not-very-good 2nd book in a trilogy.

The fairy sex is what keeps me from wanting to reread it and absolutely makes me never recommend it to anyone.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I dunno, the fairy sex wasnt as bad as the kungfu polyamorous matriarchy, imo. At least the elf sex was so obviously an incel virgin fantasy that I could laugh at it and skim without regret. The weird cuck anime nerd fantasy kept being almost enjoyable and then disappointing and weird. In hindsight I should have skipped both parts. "Hey dude you vanished after the fight, where'd you go?" "Fuck man I musta blacked out. Lets get goin." boom fantastic book 2!

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I’m half tempted to do a reread just to see if it really as bad as I remember and we post about. That would mean finding a Kindle version or a torrent of the ebook and I’m not paying this loser any money nor am I interested enough to go find the torrent. Looks like we just talked me out of doing the reread. Thanks team!

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I listened to book one and two immediately back to back so I can't really separate them very well. I liked book two just fine but now I wonder if I would have had a different opinion if I had to wait between releases.

• 1Solidarity

Skinner

Trakanon Raider
So it sounds like the consensus is the first book is good, the second is meh to shit, and like grrm he’ll never finish the series so I shouldn’t expect resolution?

Was going to pick up one of the Grim Oak versions wednesday because of all the book nerds hyping this sale but I’m not sure now. Or maybe i’ll just pick up the first one at 150 and call it a day.

• 2Picard

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
So it sounds like the consensus is the first book is good, the second is meh to shit, and like grrm he’ll never finish the series so I shouldn’t expect resolution?

Was going to pick up one of the Grim Oak versions wednesday because of all the book nerds hyping this sale but I’m not sure now. Or maybe i’ll just pick up the first one at 150 and call it a day.
It's been forever since the two books came out. Also he's a cunt to fans.

• 2Like

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>

Yeah, I'm guessing you got the email with the reveal of all the versions. The $750 and $1,500 are placeholder art.
1707230424157.png

It is really tempting to pick up a version and try to flip it. I really like Grim Oak press and have a couple of their releases so I'd love to support them, but not Rothfuss.

For what it is worth, if anyone is interested, the owner of Subterranean Press posted this on the Facebook group. Some behind the scenes numbers on what it takes to produce one of their publications.

1707230679532.png

• 1Like

Skinner

Trakanon Raider
Yeah the quality really is great from these small presses and Grim Oak is starting to become my favorite. Sean is a super awesome guy and a cancer survivor, too.

Might just upgrade to the $300 one to make zzeris zzeris happy and call it a day.

• 1Worf
  • 1Edgelord

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Yeah the quality really is great from these small presses and Grim Oak is starting to become my favorite. Sean is a super awesome guy and a cancer survivor, too.

Might just upgrade to the $300 one to make zzeris zzeris happy and call it a day.

Please do. Waste your money and make me happy. They have a $3k package so go all in. I'm sure you'll enjoy the story and couldn't use it on an actual good story or author. If you know what those are.

• 2Like

Skinner

Trakanon Raider
Damn that’s pretty strong. Is this series that bad to warrant that or are you one of those who can’t fathom spending money on small specialty presses while dropping thousands on video game consoles, games, and new PC parts every 3 years?

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Buy whatever you want but it's a book that sits on a shelf. The copy you actually read is probably going to be the mass marketed paperback so when you drip mustard on it who cares.

Skinner

Trakanon Raider
I wouldn’t wish a mass market paperback on my worst enemy and eating near books is sacrilegious. Wtf is wrong with you heathens?

• 1WTF

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Look he's not going to have sex with you if you buy his special edition books

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
So, first book is good, correct? Read first, stop at first, that’s the consensus?

If you mention the book in a game store (the magic and dnd and warhammer kind) nerds will materialize from the shadows and gush over it. This is reproducible.

• 1Worf

Skinner

Trakanon Raider
Shit that’s kind of an enigma. I’m piqued at old school dnd and warhammer but I wouldn’t dare be associated with these new age modern hippies. Maybe I’ll buy it, read it, then sell for a profit.

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
I’m half tempted to do a reread just to see if it really as bad as I remember and we post about. That would mean finding a Kindle version or a torrent of the ebook and I’m not paying this loser any money nor am I interested enough to go find the torrent. Looks like we just talked me out of doing the reread. Thanks team!

Every book ever written. It'll take you five seconds. Avast.