Peacemaker

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
4.86 star(s) Rating: 4.86/5 7 Votes
Title: Peacemaker

Genre: Action & Adventure, Comedy

First aired: 2022-01-16

Creator: James Gunn

Cast: John Cena, Steve Agee, Danielle Brooks, Robert Patrick, Jennifer Holland, Chukwudi Iwuji, Freddie Stroma

Overview: The origin story of Peacemaker, a man who believes in peace at any cost, no matter how many people he has to kill to get it.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Will there be any sucking of Chinese dicks in this?

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

kroenen

Regimen Morum
Will there be any sucking of Chinese dicks in this?
They need to find them first...

woman-magnifying-glass-measuring.jpg

Homsar

I hate the character but all I hear is hate from him killing Flag. I does look like he has a redemtion arc which ties in? Idk but that came across

Last edited:

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Yay, another show/movie where the main male character gets treated like dogshit by the main female character who is also better at everything than him.

The show is called Peacemaker, not whatever her name is.

They did the same shit to Shang-Chi in his own movie, except without the "treated like dogshit" part and more of the "better at everything" part.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
This does look pretty entertaining otherwise, but I hope DC starts taking its DCU seriously soon because nothing DC feels like it matters when there's no narrative thread pulling it all together.

Shazam is a great movie, but is it leading anywhere? Why should anyone care about WW84 and Aquaman 2 when we're not getting any more Justice League or Superman, and Batman has been rebooted again, etc? Why are there two Jokers in the DCU? Why was the best Joker only in a standalone movie? Why don't they fucking connect ANY of this?

DC could be good, so it's frustrating. Even if a lot of their movies aren't that entertaining, a uniting narrative would make them at least feel important.

They should be actively building towards Justice League 2 and 3 down the line (Joker and Darkseid?) and having more crossovers between their other properties on the way. I just don't understand how the hell they do things.

Haus

<Silver Donator>
This does look pretty entertaining otherwise, but I hope DC starts taking its DCU seriously soon because nothing DC feels like it matters when there's no narrative thread pulling it all together.

Shazam is a great movie, but is it leading anywhere? Why should anyone care about WW84 and Aquaman 2 when we're not getting any more Justice League or Superman, and Batman has been rebooted again, etc? Why are there two Jokers in the DCU? Why was the best Joker only in a standalone movie? Why don't they fucking connect ANY of this?

DC could be good, so it's frustrating. Even if a lot of their movies aren't that entertaining, a uniting narrative would make them at least feel important.

They should be actively building towards Justice League 2 and 3 down the line (Joker and Darkseid?) and having more crossovers between their other properties on the way. I just don't understand how the hell they do things.

It can't be connected for a number of reasons, but the biggest is that to connect it all you have to have someone with enough ego, talent, and most importantly backing from the company, to make everybody play off the same sheet music. And WB/DC completely lack any person like that. They were HOPING Snyder could be that, but then they realized he's a one trick pony and that trick only really works for Batman movies....

And as much as you want them to take it "seriously" let's be honest, so far most of the enjoyably entertaining stuff they've put out has NOT been "serious". Shazam? Aquaman (stupid, but very entertaining), and lest we not forget the pinnace of weird and not taking itself too seriously.. Doom Patrol. (If you haven't watched that yet, SHAME ON YOU GO NOW AND WATCH BEFORE SCROLLING FURTHER!) The only outlier here is Joker and it was just a perfect damn "art piece" of a hard watch because they got the perfect guy in the lead role. I'll give that the Ledger joker made the second of the Nolan films, but the first and last left me kinda empty....

Right now I think they realize they got a charismatic guy as the main character and they can pretty easily trope it up to be a vehicle for a lot of jokes. And I'm perfectly OK with that.

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Animosity

Cena and his Eagle are about to be the new Mando and baby Yoda.

• 1Like

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
It can't be connected for a number of reasons, but the biggest is that to connect it all you have to have someone with enough ego, talent, and most importantly backing from the company, to make everybody play off the same sheet music. And WB/DC completely lack any person like that. They were HOPING Snyder could be that, but then they realized he's a one trick pony and that trick only really works for Batman movies....

And as much as you want them to take it "seriously" let's be honest, so far most of the enjoyably entertaining stuff they've put out has NOT been "serious". Shazam? Aquaman (stupid, but very entertaining), and lest we not forget the pinnace of weird and not taking itself too seriously.. Doom Patrol. (If you haven't watched that yet, SHAME ON YOU GO NOW AND WATCH BEFORE SCROLLING FURTHER!) The only outlier here is Joker and it was just a perfect damn "art piece" of a hard watch because they got the perfect guy in the lead role. I'll give that the Ledger joker made the second of the Nolan films, but the first and last left me kinda empty....

Right now I think they realize they got a charismatic guy as the main character and they can pretty easily trope it up to be a vehicle for a lot of jokes. And I'm perfectly OK with that.
DC is gonna multiverse their shit with the new Flash movie. They are just one step behind Marvel and the new Spidey Film. Canonize everything, just call it a different universe.

Haus

<Silver Donator>
DC is gonna multiverse their shit with the new Flash movie. They are just one step behind Marvel and the new Spidey Film. Canonize everything, just call it a different universe.

I think this is going to be part of it. But also I'm already hearing they're going to use it to "crisis" the shit up and make fundamental changes to characters moving forward. Like no more Batman or Superman, it will be Batwoman and Supergirl, and other woke nonsense.

• 1Like

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Okay the father thing was a surprise.

Vigilante is amazing.

• 1Like
TV show information provided by The Movie Database