Penny Dreadful

Devlin

Golden Squire
I think it's cool that they've got an actor to play Dracula that does actually looks like Vlad Tepes.

I should really wait till the season is done before I watch it, I think this show benefits from a binge watching.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I watched the first two episodes (season 1) and wasnt too impressed? Was I not paying enough attention? Is my taste bad? Or does it just get better? I love the premise I just was slightly off put by everything I think.

elidib

Vyemm Raider
If you weren't impressed by Vanessa's possession scene at the seance.... then yeah this show isn't for you.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
If you weren't impressed by Vanessa's possession scene at the seance.... then yeah this show isn't for you.
This... that was one of the best scenes I have ever watched from any show ever. Just gripping stuff.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
This... that was one of the best scenes I have ever watched from any show ever. Just gripping stuff.
Funny, that was really the only sequence I was locked into, hah.

Ill watch ep 3 and see what happens.

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
Penny Dreadful improves with time. It's one of those shows that throws a bunch of stuff at the wall to see what sticks, and then runs with it. Season 2 is a dramatic improvement as a result of Frankenstein's experiments in season 1.

Devlin

Golden Squire
I watched the first two episodes (season 1) and wasnt too impressed? Was I not paying enough attention? Is my taste bad? Or does it just get better? I love the premise I just was slightly off put by everything I think.
I found the whole of season one to be really slow and dull in general. I think you could skip the whole season, read the season 1 wiki on the characters and you'd be better off.

Season two was absolutely awesome and made me love the show.

Kanglor

Silver Knight of the Realm
Eva Green is amazing...and Rory Kinnear nailed his performance as well. Not the biggest fan of full episode flashbacks, especially as it didn't really move the plot forward much, but the acting/story really made it enjoyable. Looks like next week is gonna focus heavily on the Ethan arc, which has been the most interesting to me this year.

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I realized it was an all Eva episode and only made it about 20 minutes, going to try and finish it later. Agree on the Ethan story being the most interesting, i've really enjoyed the Eva/Shrink stuff but a full hour of it is a bit rough

Araxen

I loved that episode. Just got done watching it. It's a shame Eva will never get an Emmy for her acting on this show because it's a horror show. Pretty nuts how Lucifer and Dracula want Vanessa and are at odds with each other. Lucifer is afraid of Dracula too which means there is a ton more for them to explain regarding this whole situation.

There's usually one episode a season that is entirely focused on Vanessa.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
It'll get nominations this year. Green is always top notch, and Kinnear's performances can't be ignored any longer.

Araxen

It'll get nominations this year. Green is always top notch, and Kinnear's performances can't be ignored any longer.
She'll never get top actress nod because it's horror sadly. If this episode was a Hallmark special she would get it easily. I don't know what else to say to convince you. Horror like Fantasy is a death-knell and it's taken so much get Peter or Emilia to get their awards. Eva deserves her Emmy for this show especially after this episode. Her acting between the psychiatrist and Caliban are excellent. I don't even know how she can bring up those tears with some of those scenes with him. Her acting ability is without question.

Not that she would get an Emmy for it but her tits are literally something the gods speak of. Just look on celebrity archive and we didn't get to see them this week. Fuck!!!! lol...

dechire

Bronze Knight of the Realm
This episode was amazing. So much too it and so compelling for what is basically a two person play. Eva is stunning in well everything. Kinnear was no slouch either here. Just a brilliant intimate episode.

Devlin

Golden Squire
Wasn't expecting that at all, they both absolutely destroyed in that episode.

Almost all the actors in the show get the occasional set piece and they very rarely disappoint.

Rory Kinnear has had some fantastic scenes throughout the series, I'd put him slightly above Eva Green and Billie Piper who has also had some fantastic scenes.

There is no way this doesn't deserve a ton of awards.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Holy mother fucking hell. This is the most shocked I have been watching any show or film in many years. Shocked in that I was NOT expecting to randomly put on this week's episode and then go on to see one of the best pieces of cinematography and acting in history. I don't usually take this show too seriously and don't really think much of it usually but I watch it because it's my kind of mythos. But Holy hell. And the director is virtually an unknown. I mean WOW. It would have been perfect without the last line, totally utterly perfect. Araxen is 100% right though. Anything supernatual is shat on in all artistic mediums. It won't be recognized. It wasn't just Eva Geen, it was Rory and the director and writers as well. All superb. Just beautiful. Pure art.

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
I am enjoying Ethan's story-line and the current focus on one or two stories per episode.

Also the addition of Brian Cox as Ethan's father is solid.

Vlett

Lord Nagafen Raider
I've been an Eva fanboi since Kingdom of Heaven. It's her eyes, on top of the rest of the package.

*Kinda spoiler, but I'll be general*

For the ward scene with L&D...I really like how they transition the conversation. At first they are pushing at each other for Vanessa, but by the end they are both against her because of the defiance. I totally had chills.