Person of Interest

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
I think the balance of number of the week + seasonal plot has been pretty much perfect starting with s2. Only thing missing lately has been Lionel, right after achieving Best Character On the Show status with a few awesome episodes in a row. For some reason, I'm reminded of Tigh from BSG - someone you don't think much of, and then BAM, badass out of nowhere. Lionel needs a goddamn eyepatch.

Kaio

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Noticed a new episode out so gave it whirl after losing touch with the show earlier. I might be digging this ai vs. ai shtick. It's almost like two near godlike entities duking it out with their human pawns.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Yeah and the setup with their new jobs is great. Plus, another hot chick added to the show.

Lusiphur

Peasant
Why are the ones where they are rescuing kids almost universally terrible? The latest ep advanced the plot a good bit but the writing was atrocious.

khorum

Murder Apologist
They're doing a hybrid episodic/serial format where there's a specific "rescue" every week but they also move the main story arc along. Stepping into a random one-off rescue episode isn't gonna rope anyone who hasn't seen the previous seasons so it's just a ton of filler for no real use whatsoever.

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
They're doing a hybrid episodic/serial format where there's a specific "rescue" every week but they also move the main story arc along. Stepping into a random one-off rescue episode isn't gonna rope anyone who hasn't seen the previous seasons so it's just a ton of filler for no real use whatsoever.
Its like my new Burn Notice. I didnt give a shit about the main story line. Well i did a little, but i loved the week to week saving random person bit. I'm ok with that.

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
Why are the ones where they are rescuing kids almost universally terrible? The latest ep advanced the plot a good bit but the writing was atrocious.
Agreed. I struggled to get through that episode. Stuck with it for plot advancement.

Kaio

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I almost gave up on this show until the end of last season and currently the whole AI vs. AI is actually decent story. It's still a bit far-fetched but after years of practicing the art of reality suspension this kind of show actually still intrigues. What really surprised me is that technically the machine should have an advantage by identifying the key players for Samaritan already. But Samaritan without the years of data accumulated by the machine should not know of any of the machine's key proponents.

Also Samaritan has really bad facial recognition algorithms it appears.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
They hacked Samaritan in last years finale to disregard their faces, but that was about all they were able to do. That's what it shows you in the intro to every episode. But they still have to maintain new identities so it can't find them by their known profile. And they can't compromise their new identities by doing things that get you flagged like talking about the machine's existence and so forth. That's why Root has to constantly throw away her identities because her actions are so overt that she keeps getting flagged. Also, the machine isn't going to send them to murder Samaritan's agents - it tried that once and they refused to do it. (one of the best eps the show ever had)

I liked how Harold made 40 iterations of Skynet before coming up with one that wouldn't try to kill him. And of course Samaritan is practically Terminator with human agents instead of robots. They even have the actors being all robot-like when they are in "god mode." I think the writers are well aware of these things.

Hell, the second season of Sarah Conner Chronicles even had a guy trying to teach an AI morals to become a counter to Skynet.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Really enjoying the AI vs AI stuff curious how far are they gonna take it, will there be a actual fight or will Harolds machine eventually got too a point of just being able to cut off Samaritans access

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
Loving the AI v AI stuff. Also, I like how John is a cop and is getting harassed for shooting people.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Are they supposed to be teasing different chicks for Reese to wind up banging in each episode or something? His captain, his shrink...

Lusiphur

Peasant
This show is getting like Supernatural with the rate it is burning through female protagonists.

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
huh, honestly thought Root was going to be the one they killed off this season.

Edit: Well guess we technically didn't see the kill shot so she could have just been captured!

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
The best episodes always seem to be the ones involving Harold training the machine and then showing how it makes decisions as a result.

It wasn't going to work out too well, though. No such thing as a pawn? Okay, so it goes with the plan where everyone has an equal 2% chance of survival. hah.

The whole queen bit had me thinking Root too.

I'm thinking the only way this ends well is if Greer and/or most of its agents wind up going against Samaritan. They've really set it up so they have no fucking chance otherwise.

Just waiting for Skynet to start warming up the nukes. Wall street? Pffft. Get on with Judgement Day already.