Persona 5

DethBreth

Lord Nagafen Raider
So who did everyone romance? I went with Anne, who became boring as hell as soon as you began dating her. (very realistic i must say)

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Makoto the first time, Hifumi in NG+. Pretty sure they're all boring because dating starts at R9 and so you visit them one more time to unlock the final ability/persona and then go back to other stuff. Anything past R10 is just a slight variation from the standard "spend time with" event when you aren't ready to rank up yet, and Hawaii/xmas are about all there is worth mentioning. I guess you could go on more dates if you really wanted (I had almost a full month spent at the gym at the end of my first playthrough even after maxing all stats and social links, reading all books, and playing all videogames) but there's not much reason to. I did look up all the room decorations on a JP site and made sure to get all of those since they come from unique events, but that was it.

Vaclav

Takamaki is clearly where it's at for dating, wtf....

• 1Salty

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Banging every chick that I can get to max rating. Doubt I will get Ohya or Hifumi to max rank this play through though, think I only have like 1.5 months left

spronk

FPS noob
i tried to bang everyone but still had virtual blue balls in my first play through. I like that japan stands up for 25 year old women banging 17 year old high school kids, they are keeping the dream alive out there

on my second play through i'm in october now and am going to make hiku my exclusive waifu. bitch is rich, i can at least be a trophy husband and be pampered. feels good turning down all these cougar chicks, NO MEANS NO. why would anyone ever pick ann, never pick a white girl as a waifu

how long did your final hours played end up at, vorph? I'm almost done with NG+ (going for platinum so gonna have to grind out to 99 when flu hits in a few days) and at 190 hours /played so far in my save file. thats a lot of persona time, but I've really enjoyed the dungeon crawling.

• 1Solidarity

Vorph

Uhh... way over 200 hours now, but like I mentioned before the game counts the time while the console is in sleep mode. Nowhere near done with NG+ either, taking a break now that I can finally play P4G. If I had to guess at the real time played I'd say it's in the 150-175 range. I did a lot of stuff that most people would probably wait for NG+ to take care of though; as far as trophies go the only ones I didn't get in NG are the three that aren't possible.

Vaclav

Uhh... way over 200 hours now, but like I mentioned before the game counts the time while the console is in sleep mode. Nowhere near done with NG+ either, taking a break now that I can finally play P4G. If I had to guess at the real time played I'd say it's in the 150-175 range. I did a lot of stuff that most people would probably wait for NG+ to take care of though; as far as trophies go the only ones I didn't get in NG are the three that aren't possible.

LOL P4G was unplayable for you before but P5 has adjusted you into giving it a shot? I've been musing giving P4G another shot myself after finding it unplayable previously too.

Vorph

LOL P4G was unplayable for you before but P5 has adjusted you into giving it a shot?
I think you've got me confused with someone else. P4G was never 'unplayable,' I just didn't own a Vita. I've played every SMT game including a few that were/are still JP-only, to the point of buying consoles/handhelds just for this series. 3DS was an easy sell for that since those games are all unique. Vita was not, since the proprietary memory card bullshit infuriates me (my 8GB Vita card cost as much as the 128GB microsd in my tablet), I think the PSTV is trash, and I already played the original P4 on PS2. I'm not at home a lot these days though, so the combination of finally getting to check out P4G plus Remote Play got me to pick one up anyway.

And yeah, P4G really is as big an improvement over the original as people say. I'm pretty neutral on P3FES vs. P3P, since the portable version takes away at least as much stuff as it adds, but P4G is 100% improvements. Still the worst cast of the series though, especially Teddie who I hate more than any other VG character ever even with his new voice, but it doesn't stop the rest of the game from being excellent.

(Edit: I take that back, it's only 99% improvements. Chie's new voice is awful compared to her original VA.)

Last edited:

spronk

FPS noob

I think they fixed the sleep mode hours bug in a recent ps4 patch, i just tested it - i last played P5 yesterday morning and ps4 pro went to sleep, had a save slot with 196 hours in it. just turned on my ps4 pro and went right back into P5 (suspended) after 16 hours suspended and its the exact same playtime when i save into a new slot.

anyways I was the one who didn't like P4G at all, but i think in retrospect that it was just the handheld aspect, i can't play on a vita that long and this kind of game is like 70+ hours

Vaclav

I think you've got me confused with someone else. P4G was never 'unplayable,' I just didn't own a Vita. I've played every SMT game including a few that were/are still JP-only, to the point of buying consoles/handhelds just for this series. 3DS was an easy sell for that since those games are all unique. Vita was not, since the proprietary memory card bullshit infuriates me (my 8GB Vita card cost as much as the 128GB microsd in my tablet), I think the PSTV is trash, and I already played the original P4 on PS2. I'm not at home a lot these days though, so the combination of finally getting to check out P4G plus Remote Play got me to pick one up anyway.

And yeah, P4G really is as big an improvement over the original as people say. I'm pretty neutral on P3FES vs. P3P, since the portable version takes away at least as much stuff as it adds, but P4G is 100% improvements. Still the worst cast of the series though, especially Teddie who I hate more than any other VG character ever even with his new voice, but it doesn't stop the rest of the game from being excellent.

(Edit: I take that back, it's only 99% improvements. Chie's new voice is awful compared to her original VA.)

Nah, I was projecting what I saw you say there with my own situation - took that as a "finally play it" statement (like I'll be once I get around to it) rather than a "replay it" one that you're now clarifying it to be.

If I wasn't so damn busy this past week or so I'd have probably started giving it another shot. Something about it turned me off in the past (I think being on a portable was the biggest downside to me [although on a side note, with my broken left ring finger, Vita likely will suck until that mends anyhow splinted fingers with Vita seem bad....) - but P5 has got me hooked on the design and craving more.

And yea as spronk followed up with, I think he (I hate saying that with his avatar, but pretty sure that's right femme eyes be damned!) and a couple others had mentioned being a similar "Maybe I'll give it another shot" club that I'm finding myself part of.

Leto Eu`Acumen

Peasant
I just played through 11/19-11/21. Ho-Lee-Shit. I was riveted to every second.

Well played Persona 5. Well played indeed.

God damn this game delivers.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Nester

Vyemm Raider
My wife says this is the most annoying game I have ever played with all the characters screaming out "Persona!" With each attack in a super annoying japanesse way. I dont think I will tell her it's also a harem simulator...

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Just finished the game. Probably around 120 hours. Didn't get all max confidants, missed Yusuke and the doctor (both at 9). Got around 80% of the personas. I was level 76 when I finished it.

My game of the year so far.

That said, is the reaper in Mementos killable or obtainable as a persona? I only saw it once, when I tried to summon it, and it hit me for 1500 with a normal attack. Granted I did that early game so my defence was low, but that is still 1000 more than my max HP at the end of the game. Also assume you need to grind heavily to obtain the highest levels. Lucifer is a 6? persona combo where I am missing at least 4.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Yeah you can kill the reaper, if you wait until flu season late in the game he can start the fight with despair and die automatically after 3 turns.

Not much reason to until NG+ really though

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Finally just about to finish the first palace, didn't realize that you were forced to take a day for the calling card thing. Went in with one day left to power through then got the mandatory sit out and then got expelled. Got to do the week over though so not all bad. Have a much better understanding of the flow of the day.

What is the go-to early guts skill up? I've studied in the library a ton but am still level one and can't progress with doctor until level 2. Probably too late for any early rush now, but feel like I'm missing something.

Vorph

Guts = 2 books, April movie, coffee at diner (generally only on rainy days so you get +3 Knowledge, and also the reason why you should never study in the library), and Death confidant.

Later on there's another movie (which you should wait for someone to invite you to), and the Big Bang Burger Challenge which is the single best source of stats (except Kindness) there is.

Elidroth

Trakanon Raider
Just finished the 4th palace (Futaba Sakura).. The game is still weird but incredibly addicting. Ryuji makes me want to punch him in the face repeatedly. Yusuke has to be gay.. It's the only logical explanation.

spronk

FPS noob
Got the plat today, wouldn't really recommend it to anyone unless they really, really want it. I beat the game at around 70-90 hours, it took another 100 or so hours to get the plat. Full run in NG+ plus a LOT of grinding to get all the personas and to grind to 99 via flu reaper and then grind out a couple personas for the NG+ only boss. It let me catch up on a bunch of TV shows so I didn't mind too much but yeah, its definitely one of those "I only have six trophies left... this'll be easy!" and its extremely time consuming.

still enjoyed the game a lot, I rarely replay a game so this is one of the few I played through twice and still enjoyed it all.

Leto Eu`Acumen

Peasant
Finished the game two days ago. It certainly leaves an impression. (Also, no regrets about getting the game at full price btw, which I very rarely do.)

Ended up putting about 150 hours into the game, but I spent far more time than was necessary in palaces grinding and capturing after I finished getting to the treasure....Also I spent hours and hours just fusing personas....Ended up getting my compendium 96% completed (ish, would have to check for sure, but I had no 'blank' spots left in the compendium....missing some regent-type personas after level 30, and I think a couple/few of the special/locked personas.) There were three confidants I didn't get to max, but it was a blind play, so I'm ok with that.

Really enjoyed the game and the experience. As I had hoped, it was the perfect change of pace I wanted from a long string of action games.

Best game I've played thus far in 2017.....but it is shaping up to be one hell of a year for gamers. Tons of great titles still to play.

I really enjoyed fighting 'god' in the skies above Tokyo. Great way to escalate lol.

Also 'god' was conjured from the human desire to not think and make decisions for themselves? rofl....real subtle commentary there Atlus!

Enjoyed the hell out of this game myself, but I find it difficult to recommend to others IRL. In the final area fighting up toward 'god', one of the more common enemies was that giant green erect penis.....and like all mobs that slump over at low health, the penis-monster goes flaccid after you beat it hard enough.....yeah thanks for that one Japan.

No idea when I will go back for a NG+ run, but I think I've set myself up for it as well as I could. Definitely going back at some point.