Persona 5

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Finished the game two days ago. It certainly leaves an impression. (Also, no regrets about getting the game at full price btw, which I very rarely do.)

Ended up putting about 150 hours into the game, but I spent far more time than was necessary in palaces grinding and capturing after I finished getting to the treasure....Also I spent hours and hours just fusing personas....Ended up getting my compendium 96% completed (ish, would have to check for sure, but I had no 'blank' spots left in the compendium....missing some regent-type personas after level 30, and I think a couple/few of the special/locked personas.) There were three confidants I didn't get to max, but it was a blind play, so I'm ok with that.

Really enjoyed the game and the experience. As I had hoped, it was the perfect change of pace I wanted from a long string of action games.

Best game I've played thus far in 2017.....but it is shaping up to be one hell of a year for gamers. Tons of great titles still to play.

I really enjoyed fighting 'god' in the skies above Tokyo. Great way to escalate lol.

Also 'god' was conjured from the human desire to not think and make decisions for themselves? rofl....real subtle commentary there Atlus!

Enjoyed the hell out of this game myself, but I find it difficult to recommend to others IRL. In the final area fighting up toward 'god', one of the more common enemies was that giant green erect penis.....and like all mobs that slump over at low health, the penis-monster goes flaccid after you beat it hard enough.....yeah thanks for that one Japan.

No idea when I will go back for a NG+ run, but I think I've set myself up for it as well as I could. Definitely going back at some point.
Oh yeah, there are multiple dick monsters. Like the Incubus with a huge horn dick, or the big cock and balls that rides in a fucking chariot.

spronk

FPS noob
yeah the first time i saw dick monster I was like ... WTF japan. not even subtle or anything, just a giant hulk dick

to 100% the persona list you need to get all the max confidant personas (they are all just simple fusions from 2), do all the combo guillotine ones (3+, its a list though so pretty easy), and then there are 2 treasure ones (hope diamond and crystal skull). Once you get to 12/8 or later, you can easily get the last two treasure guys - go to mementos, the very end, go up a level, and find a treasure mob (if none just go down and back up). If it is hope or crystal do a gun / triangle to down and capture it. If its not either, flee battle, attack another mob on the same level from the front, flee battle again, and the treasure mob will respawn at the exact spot it was and try again. It took me like 15-20 tries farming one mob to get each one like this, but its pretty fast.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I got them both in about 5 minutes on 12/24. They are much more common then to begin with, and obviously you want to use a treasure trap to make it even faster.

Lusiphur

Peasant
So, I am level 15 and just reached the treasure on the second palace. Looking at the Strength confidant tasks I am assuming you are expected to down fuse Personas from your current palace to hit the requirements? Strength Rank 2 requires level 16 and Rank 3 is best done with a Personal captured in the first palace (Obariyon).

spronk

FPS noob
not sure exactly what you are asking but at some point you are given a persona registry which lets you resummon any persona you captured for money. Might be a few more weeks into the game for you. Just capture any person that is new (has a bunch of ?? in its L1 sheet) and you can always then resummon it if you need, you'll eventually just spend hours resummoning and fusing personas for various requests and stuff.

you don't need to "keep" a persona to resummon it, i always put new personas into the last slot and just have them overwrite each other all the time, as long as you capture it and put it into a slot you can resummon it down the road. You eventually (tower rank 10, so WAY LATE in the game) get an ability which lets you down any mob without doing any damage so makes it easy to capture anything, otherwise you are looking at a good Lucky Punch (morgana) or hitting an enemy weakness.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
not sure exactly what you are asking but at some point you are given a persona registry which lets you resummon any persona you captured for money. Might be a few more weeks into the game for you. Just capture any person that is new (has a bunch of ?? in its L1 sheet) and you can always then resummon it if you need, you'll eventually just spend hours resummoning and fusing personas for various requests and stuff.

you don't need to "keep" a persona to resummon it, i always put new personas into the last slot and just have them overwrite each other all the time, as long as you capture it and put it into a slot you can resummon it down the road. You eventually (tower rank 10, so WAY LATE in the game) get an ability which lets you down any mob without doing any damage so makes it easy to capture anything, otherwise you are looking at a good Lucky Punch (morgana) or hitting an enemy weakness.
That was something I wondered, if you capture the Persona can you instantly delete it and still be able to resummon it or do you have to take it back to velvet room for it to be saved?

I thought it was when you caught it but every once in awhile I see one that I thought I had caught before and it had the ???s. Got me wondering if it was one I deleted before going to velvet room or if I was just mixing some up

spronk

FPS noob
you can instantly delete and resummon after capture (put into a slot, leaving it at the top on a full persona capture page does not count). The reason you are seeing ??s on ones you recognize is that they are "bosses", like sub bosses for the end or beginning of a level or mementos bosses or whatever. they cannot be captured if you down them.

Lusiphur

Peasant

Thank you! That is really not well explained at all.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
That was something I wondered, if you capture the Persona can you instantly delete it and still be able to resummon it or do you have to take it back to velvet room for it to be saved?

I thought it was when you caught it but every once in awhile I see one that I thought I had caught before and it had the ???s. Got me wondering if it was one I deleted before going to velvet room or if I was just mixing some up

Yes, you do need to go to the velvet room to register it. If you capture a new persona and overwrite a persona you've recently captured without visiting the velvet room, it will not go into your compendium. You don't need to go into the register part to do it though, they get automatically added similarly to when you fuse a persona. IE: If you capture a level 23 persona, use it and it turns 24 before you get to a safe room and go to the velvet room, it will register as a level 24 automatically. If you keep using it and it turns 25, you need to enter the compendium and overwrite it if you want the higher level version.

I don't think that is ever explained in the game, but I remember wondering about it and tested it.

Also note that if you get the skill where an ambush can automatically capture personas, you can get dupes of ones you made previously from fusion. The ones you capture will naturally be much worse than the ones you fuse since capture personas are just defaults with no exp boost or added skills. If you enter the register screen and register all, you will overwrite the saved fused personas with your new bad one. So be careful using the register all option later in the game.

Lusiphur

Peasant
3. It's really easy to create Saki/Kushi Mitama personas that have the 4 main spells (Agi, Bufu, Garu, Zio). They have a solid Ma stat so they will do good damage too. Make sure you get Strength confidant to rank 1 before you fuse a Kushi though.
Someone guide me through this please? I can get 3 of the 4 but not all 4. Note I missed a lot of the captures in the first palace (just finished the second).

Using this calculator ..

Persona 5 Fusion Calculator

Vorph

Hua Po x Kelpie = Koppa Tengu (inherit Agi)
Koppa Tengu x Pixie = Kusi Mitama (inherit Agi and Zio)

Agathion works in place of Pixie too.

And don't forget about the free skill card DLC. There's no point in saving those cards for later.

spronk

FPS noob
Yes, you do need to go to the velvet room to register it. If you capture a new persona and overwrite a persona you've recently captured without visiting the velvet room, it will not go into your compendium. You don't need to go into the register part to do it though, they get automatically added similarly to when you fuse a persona. IE: If you capture a level 23 persona, use it and it turns 24 before you get to a safe room and go to the velvet room, it will register as a level 24 automatically. If you keep using it and it turns 25, you need to enter the compendium and overwrite it if you want the higher level version.
I don't think that is ever explained in the game, but I remember wondering about it and tested it.

learn something new all the time, i thought just capturing was enough but I guess you have to visit the velvet room to fully capture new personas. at any rate once you get a core 20-30 its pretty easy just to fuse to fill out the entire rest of the compendium without capturing anyone, just gets a bit expensive but farming $$ with confuse against mementos bosses lets you get up to 9,999,999 money within 45 mins and after that you never have to worry about money.

This was open on my browser time always when I played, you can control-click any of the personas and it'll list all the various sub personas you can use to combine and create that one. takes a lot of hours but an easy way to fill out your compendium. The highest one of each arcana can only be created once you are rank 10 with that confidant.
Persona 5 Compendium

Vorph

Other calc in Lusiphur's post is better now, it's been updated with pretty much all the correct English translations and has a ton more filtering options. After I nagged him for a couple weeks he finally made the persona list tablet-friendly too.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Finished this last night, Great game. 103 hours, lvl 75.
Might need a NG+ however,

My wife has informed me that she hastes this game and she thinks i should trade it in and has asked for the disk.

Apparently each character yelling "Persona!" every 15 seconds is super annoying if your not playing the game.

spronk

FPS noob
just sneak this onto your wifes phone and change the ring tone when her mom calls

pretty sure i had 90% of the lyrics wrong too

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
Just finished this myself at 99.9999 hours. I do love this series! And I got most of those lyrics wrong too, I think they have a japanese woman singing american lyrics. She says things like chapshifter instead shape-shifter, etc.

Not a spolier per se, but.. I thought I was in the last dungeon like 5 different times. Nope! lol... just kept going!

The various villains were wayyyy over the top and almost one dimensional, but other than that was a great experience.

norp

Bronze Squire
To anyone that just started the series with P5 and enjoyed it, I highly recommend checking out P3 FES/Portable and P4:Golden. While P5 was fantastic, I think the story in P3 was better, and P4 has the best mix of everything in the series. Totally worth going back to play them.