Persona 5

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Dont tag me faggot.

But yeah its a good game and you should just get it if you ever get a break from poisoning your fellow countrymen and countrywomyn
Since you can overcome your irrational fears of doctors and still recommend this game, I take it this game is solid, cool. No problem, Bruuce Bruuce - and thanks :)

Izo

Tranny Chaser
I bought Royal for ~$22 a few weeks ago and ended up platinuming it (something you MOSTLY get by just completing the game). As a normie that completely ignored it for years and for the same reasons you stated, I’d strongly recommend it if you’re interested in a game that plays like an old school turn based RPG (like FF7 or Super Mario RPG) with modern quality of life improvements.

The story is -ok-. The character interactions and dialogue aren’t as over the top as the art style suggests (to those of us that aren’t furries or weebs).

It is still a VERY Japanese game, but it's part of the charm and grew on me as I progressed through the game. Something else that’s unique (or at least I hadn’t encountered it before this game) is how non-combat activities are paced between major events. There’s a ton of side-quest optional stuff that can have major impacts on your team’s power.
Super solid, just what I was looking for. Sooo, which version do I get, Royal is the shit I take it, but there's a few versions of this on ps4pro, ultima-something-something?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Super solid, just what I was looking for. Sooo, which version do I get, Royal is the shit I take it, but there's a few versions of this on ps4pro, ultima-something-something?
Yes Royal, not the base Persona 5 game. I think I ended up getting the digital deluxe edition because it was cheaper than the other versions, but that was literally the only reason. I don’t even know what came with it. I didn’t realize costumes were a DLC until after I’d beaten the game and went looking to see if the other Persona games were available on the PlayStation store. It literally NEVER prompts you for micro transactions in game.

• 1Mother of God
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Thanks you guys, Dandai Dandai and Bruuce Bruuce - appreciate it. Will keep an eye out for a sale, get royale something and, find a guide :)

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Thanks you guys, Dandai Dandai and Bruuce Bruuce - appreciate it. Will keep an eye out for a sale, get royale something and, find a guide :)

I haven't looked for a guide in a while (not since before Royal was a thing) but just be warned. There are a significant number of side quest / relationships / actions that can be taken between missions. If you start trying to digest them with a guide it may quickly look overwhelming and exceedingly micromanaged. It may be best to go in blind and just enjoy the experience. Maybe they are more minimalist guides though. I was more focused on all the min/max stuff at that point.

• 1Solidarity

Izo

Tranny Chaser
I haven't looked for a guide in a while (not since before Royal was a thing) but just be warned. There are a significant number of side quest / relationships / actions that can be taken between missions. If you start trying to digest them with a guide it may quickly look overwhelming and exceedingly micromanaged. It may be best to go in blind and just enjoy the experience. Maybe they are more minimalist guides though. I was more focused on all the min/max stuff at that point.
Mission Accomplished Success GIF by THE NEXT STEP

Alright, noted. Thanks, friend :)

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I don't see any sales on PSN right now but they rotate which of the three versions go on sale. Best I've seen is $20 for base game and $40 for ultimate in the past few months.

• 1Like

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I don't see any sales on PSN right now but they rotate which of the three versions go on sale. Best I've seen is $20 for base game and $40 for ultimate in the past few months.
I was curious so I looked up my receipt. This was September 25.

D854273D-C7EF-447B-8A2D-D49F4CFD6665.jpeg

Droigan

Trakanon Raider

There is usually a sale on PSN in late November going into the week(end) of black Friday / cyber Monday. So could possibly find a deal on it then. Since it's fairly old, I wouldn't be surprised if it got a good (50+%) discount.

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
Does Royal make it easier to max your 5 traits in a single playthrough? I played through P5 once and would like to do it again cause it is a fun game, but remembered disliking finishing the game stuck at 4's in most stats.

Bruuce

Blackwing Lair Raider
Didnt max mine on my first P5 play through either. But Im like mid-playthrough on royal and I think theres only 1 stat left I havent maxed now. I am following a guide designed to 100% everything in 1 play through this time tho.

On royal I think theres also 2 extra months? So even without a guide Im sure you still would max them if you have a good general understanding of what youre doing. Did have to annoyingly save scum a handful of times because there are sometimes when you can get an extra point or two completely at random(like dodging the teachers chalk when he throws it at you, crafting tools, etc)

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
You can pretty easily max all social stats and all confidants by December (probably earlier with a guide) in Royal. I don’t know that you get a full 2 extra months, but I’ve heard that you could only sleep in the evenings in P5 but you can do activities the vast majority of evenings in Royal.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
You can pretty easily max all social stats and all confidants by December (probably earlier with a guide) in Royal. I don’t know that you get a full 2 extra months, but I’ve heard that you could only sleep in the evenings in P5 but you can do activities the vast majority of evenings in Royal.
Yeah, Royal is far easier to level up stats. I completed P5 and have Royal as well (not completed that though) and while it's been a while, the differences I remember in terms of social stats are:
- Can go out more often (far less of the Mona "You should go to sleep, you're tired")
- At night you get a phone call from the person you spent the day with where you have a chance for even more confidant boosts (giving you more time to do activities like study/games)
- There are more things to do which doesn't cost time. Like crosswords for knowledge.

Malakriss

Persona 5 Royal Deluxe Edition for $19.59 if anyone was waiting for a sale

• 1Like

Araxen

Persona 5 Royal Deluxe Edition for $19.59 if anyone was waiting for a sale

I've been waiting for it to hit $20. I've always felt they should have let previous P5 players get a discount on Royal so I've been waiting for the price drop.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Fuck maybe I should just get the game pass, I want to play it on PC but don’t want to full on pay for it again at full price lol

skylan

Trakanon Raider
I played the non-royal edition a few years ago. I think I ended with about 106 hours played which is pretty impressive given my tendency to flame out on games really quickly. I enjoyed the shit out of it, but did find it incredibly easy towards the end of the game (and maybe a bit repetitive - the battles). I don't remember if there was a difficulty setting in the game but if I had it to do over again I'd probably play royal , and hard mode if it exists. Highly recommend it for anyone that enjoys turn-based rpg.

At first I thought I wouldn't enjoy listening to a bunch of school kids complain about their problems in an over-the-top animae style but it really grew on me. When I got to the first dungeon and faced the boss of it (won't spoil it) , was when I decided I was going to complete the game. Pretty great.

• 1Like

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I don't remember if there was a difficulty setting in the game but if I had it to do over again I'd probably play royal , and hard mode if it exists.
There's "Hard" which is fine for people who've played other SMT games and know how to keep up with their fusions, and there's also "Merciless" which is just straight up ridiculous unless you wait until NG+ to switch to it, in which case it's probably still really easy for at least 80% of the game as long as you don't ever let yourself get ambushed.

spronk

FPS noob
Fuck maybe I should just get the game pass, I want to play it on PC but don’t want to full on pay for it again at full price lol

you can get a free 1 month gamepass ultimate trial go here

signup and all that shit, tell it you have a doritos code and use these codes

RED DORITOS UPC 51647

they are all generic codes on doritos bags so you can just take photos in store and redeem. not worth going ham since you can only redeem 1 single 1 month code, it won't work on existing accounts or stack or anything

• 1Like