Persona 5

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
my japanese vita looks like it was tumbled dryed with with rocks

i can't even do anything, i have no idea why my vita shipped from japan came faster than my usb cable/ memory card(need memory card to do firmware)

wife said persona5 looked intimidating

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
my japanese vita looks like it was tumbled dryed with with rocks

i can't even do anything, i have no idea why my vita shipped from japan came faster than my usb cable/ memory card(need memory card to do firmware)

wife said persona5 looked intimidating

Just play Persona 5. Thank me later. It's extremely good. Story is fucked up jap shit, don't worry about it.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Just play Persona 5. Thank me later. It's extremely good. Story is fucked up jap shit, don't worry about it.
yea, thats the plan, i'll treat the vita as a pet project to refurb it (i have new shoulder buttons ordered too, whoever had this musta played a shooter or something)

i've never even touched a vita b4, but wow this thing feels better than a switch, it'll be my next "retro" emulator

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
yea, thats the plan, i'll treat the vita as a pet project to refurb it (i have new shoulder buttons ordered too, whoever had this musta played a shooter or something)

i've never even touched a vita b4, but wow this thing feels better than a switch, it'll be my next "retro" emulator

I do recommend following at least a very basic guide so you don't waste time. Not like waste real world time but Persona 5 is played on a schedule and you can only do so much shit in a day. Certain things can only happen on certain days/conditions and you can really gimp yourself and get stuck in a tight spot if you mess up on this.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I do recommend following at least a very basic guide so you don't waste time. Not like waste real world time but Persona 5 is played on a schedule and you can only do so much shit in a day. Certain things can only happen on certain days/conditions and you can really gimp yourself and get stuck in a tight spot if you mess up on this.
wtf, it's like a mobile idle game?

• 1Worf
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 1 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
ah, gotcha

It never explains this so here's the overview. Each day is like a pie cut into 4 pieces (the royal version this might be different). An activity takes 1 piece of the pie. But some things don't count and others do. Going around town and shopping and stuff doesn't take any piece of the pie. Doing an activity like going to the cafe, spa, batting cages or something will. Making lockpicks at your desk does.

Always have a book on you because you will get the opportunity to read it on the train sometimes but if you don't have a book you won't be able to. Always use the TV in the coffee shop on Wednesdays to answer the game show question. Try to go to the spa when its raining. Stuff like this.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
make sure you get persona 5 royale, not just persona 5 which everyone still sells for some bizarre reason. The changes are pretty massive and they are two completely different games even though P5R is basically P5 with 30% extra content interweaved into the entire game, plus new characters and stuff.

Its currently $40 at amazon and I think best buy etc too, $45 on PSN digital

if you are a PC gamer though you may as well just play P4G instead and see if P5R comes to PC in 6-12 months

• 1Solidarity

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
make sure you get persona 5 royale, not just persona 5 which everyone still sells for some bizarre reason. The changes are pretty massive and they are two completely different games even though P5R is basically P5 with 30% extra content interweaved into the entire game, plus new characters and stuff.

Its currently $40 at amazon and I think best buy etc too, $45 on PSN digital

if you are a PC gamer though you may as well just play P4G instead and see if P5R comes to PC in 6-12 months

When I do replay Persona 5 I'll be happy to do Royale. I just can't be bothered when I have backlog to clean up.

Coleslaw

Blackwing Lair Raider
The PC version's cutscenes skip. I refunded my purchase of P4G until it gets fixed.

I read a fix is to set your nvidia control panel to play the game at 30 fps....but I'd just play it on Vita at that point

joz123

Potato del Grande
I never played any Persona games. Is P5 Royale good to start with? I'm gonna wait till it gets cheaper though.

Last edited:

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
The PC version's cutscenes skip. I refunded my purchase of P4G until it gets fixed.

I read a fix is to set your nvidia control panel to play the game at 30 fps....but I'd just play it on Vita at that point
PC master race

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
I never played an Persona games. Is P5 Royale good to start with? I'm gonna wait till it gets cheaper though.
Yeah it’s a good one to start. They are all independent story wise, and 5 probably has the best QoL features just by virtue of being the newest

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole

Huh, I'm several cutscenes in and haven't noticed this at all. Granted I'm on a 2080 TI but that shouldn't matter; the cutscenes are just anime. This sounds like something possibly funky on your end, or I haven't gotten to one of the cutscenes that "skip." Is there a link to known issues?

Also, I ordered P5 Royal, because I like double dipping apparently. Basically $40 DLC, but eh I'm ok with it. Game has got me quite a few hours of enjoyment; easily worth the ticket price.

Coleslaw

Blackwing Lair Raider
Huh, I'm several cutscenes in and haven't noticed this at all. Granted I'm on a 2080 TI but that shouldn't matter; the cutscenes are just anime. This sounds like something possibly funky on your end, or I haven't gotten to one of the cutscenes that "skip." Is there a link to known issues?

Also, I ordered P5 Royal, because I like double dipping apparently. Basically $40 DLC, but eh I'm ok with it. Game has got me quite a few hours of enjoyment; easily worth the ticket price.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Ahh, it's installed on a SSD, that may be mitigating it before I notice.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Royal is awesome, so many QoL changes vs Vanilla 5 and makes things much much better

• 1Like

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Man, p5 even on hard is easier than normal on the first run. The negotiation prompts on top of the super OP will seed items is making this even more a breeze hah. New stuff being intermingled, and then all the "followup" Confidant stuff giving you a boost to the next meeting? Is making this more than smooth. Really solid though, and I spent a non-zero amount of time playing dollhouse with my thieves' den.

Very cool.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Man, p5 even on hard is easier than normal on the first run. The negotiation prompts on top of the super OP will seed items is making this even more a breeze hah. New stuff being intermingled, and then all the "followup" Confidant stuff giving you a boost to the next meeting? Is making this more than smooth. Really solid though, and I spent a non-zero amount of time playing dollhouse with my thieves' den.

Very cool.

man now I want to play P5 Royale... I'll need to get to it later this year.