Persona 5

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Merciless is a lot of fun also, but at a point the whole game becomes a cake walk. Thanks Auto Battle systems hah.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I am actually liking Persona 4 more than I did Persona 5. The story is certainly more interesting and i like the small town vibe.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
I am actually liking Persona 4 more than I did Persona 5. The story is certainly more interesting and i like the small town vibe.

Persona 4 has a better story and better characters compared to 5 for sure. Hope they go back to the small town setting for Persona 6.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm

I'd be surprised if you still think that once you get near the end of 4. I thought the 'murder mystery' aspect of the game had the impact of a wet noodle once everything is revealed.

3 >>> 5 > 4 imo, for both story and characters. The games with a Teddie-free cast automatically win there.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Murder mystery is more interesting to me than politics and big business shit I don't care about at all.

Teddie > Morgana.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I’d never played any of the Persona games, but thanks to folks like Vorph Vorph raving about P5, I wanted to give this a shot. I just beat and platinumed Royal this morning (about 115 hours played). Overall I really enjoyed it.

I went into it with minimal spoilers, but I did look up the spoiler-free conditions for getting the “true ending”. By the last palace it was starting to drag quite a bit (I’d maxed all confidants and social stats months prior), but the ending was pretty satisfying.

Here’s hoping there’ll be a persona 6 in the near future!

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
When I do replay Persona 5 I'll be happy to do Royale. I just can't be bothered when I have backlog to clean up.

Yeah, I'd also like to replay P5. Didn't realize Royal had so much more to it than the original game, so that gives me a good excuse to play it again. It's pretty far down the list when factoring in the backlog though. No idea when that'll be.

If anyone has an OLED TV, Persona 5 is such an awesome thing to play on one. It uses a lot of deep contrast and bright reds, two things LG OLEDs do incredibly well. I was legit blown away by how cool this game looked on an OLED.

• 1Like

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Yeah, I'd also like to replay P5. Didn't realize Royal had so much more to it than the original game, so that gives me a good excuse to play it again. It's pretty far down the list when factoring in the backlog though. No idea when that'll be.

If anyone has an OLED TV, Persona 5 is such an awesome thing to play on one. It uses a lot of deep contrast and bright reds, two things LG OLEDs do incredibly well. I was legit blown away by how cool this game looked on an OLED.

P5R was the last game I played on my old LCD before upgrading to an OLED. Kind of wish I waited lol, I was just thinking about how great it would have looked at 4k with OLED contrast.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
i really, really regret playing P5 at release. i'd play P5R for sure but sinking 100+ hours into a game that is 60%+ identical is not appealing in any way.

i'll never play a persona game at release again, just wait a year or two and see if they release a respin

i don't think the romance stuff matters that much, you do eventually get caught if you try to be a bro-ho but its far more intricate figuring out the min/max for getting the max tasks done per week and the correct dialogue choices to max out bonds

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Everyone. The bonuses they provide are really good. Focus on the teacher first.
You get the Social Link Rank 10 bonuses regardless of how you wrap up the final relationship choice.

I'd say it's probably best to only romance one in the first playthrough, since you do miss out on the 2/15 scenes with all the ones you cheat on and the NG+ chocolates they give you. It doesn't really matter though, it's not like you need 100sp consumables in NG+ as the game is completely trivial by that point. (Also the scene where they all confront Joker is really dumb writing that makes no sense, another reason to avoid it.)

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Reached the point where I unlocked fusion alerts and stat gains seem important. Does fusing under an alert even matter for anything because it seems like I should just chair any items I want, sac two in the gallows for the stats and continue on faster rather than trying to figure out complicated combinations at mid game.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Reached the point where I unlocked fusion alerts and stat gains seem important. Does fusing under an alert even matter for anything because it seems like I should just chair any items I want, sac two in the gallows for the stats and continue on faster rather than trying to figure out complicated combinations at mid game.
I played on normal. By the time I unlocked fusion alarms I had the confidant ability to fuse higher level personas for a fee (Strength rank 6 maybe?). This made fusing new personas during fusion alarms much less valuable to me. They seem to add more initial exp, maybe slightly higher stats, and definitely the potential for skills (including inherited skills) to upgrade to the next tier or become another higher tier skill (eg a buff self attack becomes buff all attack or buff all attack becomes high crit chance). If those skill changes/upgrades are predictable, I didn’t notice a pattern in the dozens of times I saw them.

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Is this worth it on ps4pro? I mean, what the hell kind of game is it? It's not Skyrim, Fallout, Cyberjunk or similar. It gets, or some royal, gets 94 on metacritic and is on sale on-off on psn often down from 100 dollars, whaaaaaat?
Then again, Bruuce Bruuce likes it, and there's costume addons x a trillion, so I thought it was for flaming homosexuals.

Someone who's not a furry or weebo ELI5 and recommend this game for normies?

• 1Picard

Bruuce

Blackwing Lair Raider
Dont tag me faggot.

But yeah its a good game and you should just get it if you ever get a break from poisoning your fellow countrymen and countrywomyn

• 1Faggotry
  • 1Mic Drop
Reactions: 1 users

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Is this worth it on ps4pro? I mean, what the hell kind of game is it? It's not Skyrim, Fallout, Cyberjunk or similar. It gets, or some royal, gets 94 on metacritic and is on sale on-off on psn often down from 100 dollars, whaaaaaat?
Then again, Bruuce Bruuce likes it, and there's costume addons x a trillion, so I thought it was for flaming homosexuals.

Someone who's not a furry or weebo ELI5 and recommend this game for normies?
I bought Royal for ~$22 a few weeks ago and ended up platinuming it (something you MOSTLY get by just completing the game). As a normie that completely ignored it for years and for the same reasons you stated, I’d strongly recommend it if you’re interested in a game that plays like an old school turn based RPG (like FF7 or Super Mario RPG) with modern quality of life improvements.

The story is -ok-. The character interactions and dialogue aren’t as over the top as the art style suggests (to those of us that aren’t furries or weebs).

It is still a VERY Japanese game, but it's part of the charm and grew on me as I progressed through the game. Something else that’s unique (or at least I hadn’t encountered it before this game) is how non-combat activities are paced between major events. There’s a ton of side-quest optional stuff that can have major impacts on your team’s power.

• 1Mother of God
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users