Persona 5

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Yeah I most definitely need to sink more time into understanding the game itself. It's so different from what I normally play.

I loved the setting though. It was like Twilight Zone meets Stranger Things.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Yeah I most definitely need to sink more time into understanding the game itself. It's so different from what I normally play.

I loved the setting though. It was like Twilight Zone meets Stranger Things.

We can do it Ut! Persona noobs unite!

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Finally got to the first treasure in one night on Normal. That was brutal, took pretty much every consumable I had. It might have been easier if it hadn't taken me so long to realize how strong Dormina followed by Lunge is. I think I could have saved a ton of SP if I'd used it more.

Another thing I learned way too late--if you have a Hold Up on a single enemy, whether it started alone or because you killed the rest, ALWAYS negotiate for an item (or money if you know its item is crap) instead of the all out attack. You only lose xp if you negotiate when there are 2+ still alive. This is really important vs. Agathions, since they give you an item that restores 10 SP.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Vaclav

I don't know why anyone who didn't like P3/P4 would buy P5 and expect it to change their minds. Every review and pre-release buzz was just saying this is a more refined Persona. It isn't like you ever had meaningful conversation options in the previous Persona3+ games iirc.

Shrug, it did for me.

Vaclav

Another thing I learned way too late--if you have a Hold Up on a single enemy, whether it started alone or because you killed the rest, ALWAYS negotiate for an item (or money if you know its item is crap) instead of the all out attack. You only lose xp if you negotiate when there are 2+ still alive. This is really important vs. Agathions, since they give you an item that restores 10 SP.

Thanks for that tip - I had been noticing low XP on hold-ups and had been wondering if it was something like that but hadn't gotten around to experimenting yet.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
The story turned the corner for me really quickly last night and this became an adult game very quickly when

we got deeper into the abuse, sexual harassment of a minor and a suicide attempt.

is Koboshida the first main boss or was it the demon on the shitter?

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Welcome too Persona were the fucked up state of the world is properly shown hahahaha

• 1Like

norp

Bronze Squire
I do think this is probably the most approachable Persona game, but still would be difficult for an average/mainstream gamer to jump into. That being said, it's pretty much perfect for anyone who has prior SMT/Persona experience. I'm about to finish the 3rd dungeon and the game just keeps getting better. I can't wait to have the full cast of party members, the character interactions so far have been fantastic.

Rafterman

Molten Core Raider
It's odd that I really like these games because I'm pretty hardcore anti-weeb. It's just something about the SMT/Persona games I really dig. I haven't had a chance to dig into 5 yet, but I'm really hoping it is just a more refined 4 like was mentioned earlier.

• 1Solidarity

Vorph

What's the point of being able to re-negotiate? If you just say "I didn't ask for this" you automatically get the mask/money/item that you asked for.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
So I am going to trade in Zelda, Uncharted 4 and FF15 for Nier and This. I am sure I will have plenty of questions as I like to try and avoid spoiler sites.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I have Nier, but don't want to play an action rpg inbetween my break from Dark Souls. Persona arrives today so I'll begin. YOU WITH ME Utnayan Utnayan !?

• 1Like

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
I am with you buddy! I'll be able to play a lot on Saturday.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Does souijo ever stop telling me to straighten up or my life is forfeit? Ni No Kuni pulled the same shit, repeat things far too much.

Vorph

He gets better as you raise Hierophant rank. Plus the coffee/curry you can make is really useful.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Does souijo ever stop telling me to straighten up or my life is forfeit? Ni No Kuni pulled the same shit, repeat things far too much.
Not until you rape and murder him. The order of those two is a player choice!

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Dammit now I want to pause Nier and play through this tomorrow since others are. But I was just informed it was date night, at least we're seeing Power Rangers.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
First boss down, it is picking up just like everyone said. 10 hours to do so but when the campaign is 100+ hours that is expected. Also this made me laugh.

IMG_1104.JPG

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity