Persona 5

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Yeah, it's funny to see the message saying you can't take screenshots every time you get a trophy. It worked well as a reminder that I never bothered to turn that shit off on my Pro though, I guess.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Do spoilers really take away from your enjoyment of something that much?

Remote play with Vita works flawlessly so far. It's almost as if it is made for it like p4g

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
For games like Persona I'd rather honestly not know, but I have friends who have never seen a persona game and there interested in getting it, not even being able to take screenshots of the game is really lame, actual game share functionality is null and void. I really want too show my friends the game, but the way they have set it up you can't unless you have a capture card.

Vorph

DLC personas can also be added to your party despite them being over your level (you get access to them by talking to Igor after you've done the fusion tutorial). The initial cost of getting them is 0.

DLC personas? I thought the first two weren't out until next week.

Vaclav

DLC personas? I thought the first two weren't out until next week.

They're gated a bit into the game - saw the wife get to the point of having them offered (looked like the P4 primary Persona I think from the little I played it?) - but they're still unavailable to me yet.

Vorph

Well, I'm past the point he said. (Edit: And the official Atlus schedule is still listed as Izanagi and Thanatos on the 11th, three more on the 18th and 25th, then a final one on the 2nd.)

As an aside, that fusion tutorial was annoying when it forced me to do a fusion that I did not want to because every other possibility resulted in either something too high level or a persona I already had.

Last edited:

Vaclav

Well, I'm past the point he said. (Edit: And the official Atlus schedule is still listed as Izanagi and Thanatos on the 11th, three more on the 18th and 25th, then a final one on the 2nd.)

As an aside, that fusion tutorial was annoying when it forced me to do a fusion that I did not want to because every other possibility resulted in either something too high level or a persona I already had.

Izanagi (or a variant) was one of the ones that she's got - it was far down the list though from my glance over. I remember the art more than the name.

Vorph

Oh, nevermind, digital preorders get Izanagi a week early (and free). I bought the steelbook edition.

Vaclav

Oh, nevermind, digital preorders get Izanagi a week early (and free). I bought the steelbook edition.

Weird that Steelbook didn't get it - and yea, ours is digital since we're both playing it (and she'll play it for years if other Personas are a guide - so zero "risk" of it being a digital we won't play anymore and can't recoup value on)

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
I always get physical because it's cheaper (absolutely ridiculous that this is still the case). Didn't know about the bonus digital stuff, was that the standard edition?

One thing is I already miss the simplicity of the P4 overworld. I am only about 3 hours in so I'm sure I'll get used to it though. Definitely going to follow a minimalist guide that hits everything you can do in one play through, since at 100 hours I'll likely never have the time to play through again. Still works flawlessly on Vita remote play which is great, otherwise I would likely never get through it a first time. The only time I've had to use the touchpad so far was to put caps in my name selection at the beginning, hopefully R2/L2/R3/L3 don't start getting used a bunch later.

Sitting at 94 on meta critic right now, can't wait to get further in.

Last edited:

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Seems I am going to take another Dark Souls games hiatus and play through this. First JRPG in about 10+ years and first persona game ever. But universal acclaim from you cynical fucks around here ain't nothing to ignore.

I love Dark Souls games. I really do. But its hard for me to binge on them and muscle through. Its like four hours here. Couple hours there and so on. Persona 5 here we come!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Seems I am going to take another Dark Souls games hiatus and play through this. First JRPG in about 10+ years and first persona game ever. But universal acclaim from you cynical fucks around here ain't nothing to ignore.

I love Dark Souls games. I really do. But its hard for me to binge on them and muscle through. Its like four hours here. Couple hours there and so on. Persona 5 here we come!

You will probably come back to Dark Souls playing better as a result. I know sometimes when I would hit a wall, I would take a break for a few days, come back, and somehow just went through problem areas after that with ease.

It's kind of goofy that way.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
You will probably come back to Dark Souls playing better as a result. I know sometimes when I would hit a wall, I would take a break for a few days, come back, and somehow just went through problem areas after that with ease.

It's kind of goofy that way.

Pretty much how I have been playing them. Dark Souls is a lot of fun, but its stressful a bit and annoying. Play until I kill a boss or two. Take a break and go play something more casual. Get back to it and carry on.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Vorph

Btw, for people who did get Izanagi from the digital preorder, you may want to look at the SP/HP cost of his abilities before pulling him out at level 5 or 6. You've only got 6 persona slots and it's not really a good idea to use one on a Fool arcana whose skills you can't really use yet. I'd wait until much later when you can actually get significant XP for him to level up quickly and unlock all the skills, or you may find yourself short on slots for arcanas that you actually do need to match when spending time with confidants.

Oh, and another tip I found out the hard way -- if you're playing on Normal make sure to negotiate for the lowest level personas (Jack/Pixie/Mandrake) the first time you're in the castle. You level up quickly and it takes little time to get to the point where you can no longer knock them down without killing them. The ones that can be knocked down with guns are less of an issue, but you should still grab them right away. And forget what I said earlier about being annoyed at the forced fusion; Arsene is garbage and should definitely be fused away ASAP.

Last edited:

spronk

FPS noob
The english translations are fine with everyone, right? There is a huge neogaf thread claiming the translations are poor but the 4-5 hours I've played so far they are all ok to me, sure everything seems a bit weeaboo-ish (save lady from rape, go to jail... wut) but I was planning on sticking with english VA and english subtitles. I did download the japanese VA and may try a few minutes with it but I don't think I really wanna play a game where I have to read subtitles for EVERYTHING

Vaclav

I always get physical because it's cheaper (absolutely ridiculous that this is still the case). Didn't know about the bonus digital stuff, was that the standard edition?

When the wife and I will be playing something at the same time it halves the cost by going digital. Buy one, get one effect on digital buys with Steam/PS4 really makes it encouraging to go digital for anything of joint interest.

But we are a corner case where we've got two gamers and two systems in the same household.

Steelbook did look cool as shit though, but $95ish for two copies vs. $60 is a no-brainer.