Petition: Remove Anita Sarkeesian from Mirror's Edge 2 Game Development

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Oh boy I can just see the spin on this shit now. Misogynistic Male Gamers Signature Rape Anita Sarkeesian with online petition.

Mirrors Edge was pretty damn good, I would buy a sequel if it was equal or better to the first. That being said if this bitch was a part of it then I'll save my dollars.

Siddar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I signed because she will use any position she gets in industry to push for censorship of other games. I think people just making the games they want and others buying the games they want is actually the answer here. But Anita doesn't share that view and will use any credibility she gains to harm others. Given that no she doesn't merit any position inside the industry she want to censor.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
From the Petition:

We are aware that Ms. Sarkeesian is not a paid spokesperson or employee of any game development company.
WTF is this shit? Can I start a petition to have Charles Manson removed from the production team of My Little Pony? Because it amounts to the same fucking thing.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Get out of here with your "research" and "facts". This thread is about hating some random cunt and signing a digital piece of paper to declare that random cunt is in fact a cunt.

Valishar

Molten Core Raider
Oh I get it now. This is just a ploy to get me to notice the existence of Mirror's Edge 2. Whereas before I wasn't even thinking about it at all.

spronk

FPS noob
i think a red piller should be added to the team (say dumar) and then anita and anita gets a gun while dumar only gets a ... spork. now they fight and the winner designs the game

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
i think a red piller should be added to the team (say dumar) and then anita and anita gets a gun while dumar only gets a ... spork. now they fight and the winner designs the game
Sounds like Mirrors Edge 2 will now be the successor to Everquest and the only true MMO because all other games are an abortion and ruin the game industry.

Del

Vyemm Raider
I didn't know there was so much hate here for the first Mirrors Edge. I thought it was somewhat highly regarded. I enjoyed it and would play a sequel.
I'm convinced most of the people here didn't even play it. It was probably too difficult for them.

QTE game? The fuck is that guy even on?

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
Besides the fact that there doesn't seem to be anything to support the idea that Sarkeesian is involved in the development of this game to begin with, and besides the fact that I also believe people with no game design experience or credentials should not be given important roles in game development, I'd be genuinely curious to see how she would influence the final product.

I mean, what if it turned out to be a fantastic game? All the people not buying it on principle would look a bit foolish, would they not? On the other hand, if the game ended up sucking, EA will have learned a lesson about putting someone without a license in the driver's seat. It would be an interesting experiment either way, especially since the Mirror's Edge property is well-known enough for the results to get attention but not well-loved enough to be considered a travesty if the series chokes.

Mario Speedwagon

Gold Recognition
<Prior Amod>
Besides the fact that there doesn't seem to be anything to support the idea that Sarkeesian is involved in the development of this game to begin with, and besides the fact that I also believe people with no game design experience or credentials should not be given important roles in game development, I'd be genuinely curious to see how she would influence the final product.

I mean, what if it turned out to be a fantastic game? All the people not buying it on principle would look a bit foolish, would they not? On the other hand, if the game ended up sucking, EA will have learned a lesson about putting someone without a license in the driver's seat. It would be an interesting experiment either way, especially since the Mirror's Edge property is well-known enough for the results to get attention but not well-loved enough to be considered a travesty if the series chokes.
rrr_img_84723.png