Pets

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Most likely someone who thought the dog was shitting in his yard. Because shitting in the POA Yard of the Month deserves a death sentence.
Dog in question was in a fenced 3/4 acre, never out at about. There was an easement alongside the property that the city used to deal with some power-line issues occasionally (Seriously, Redding CA is/was a complete shit-hole) that people liked to walk through. He would bark at people occasionally if they made a ton of noise or something as they walked down the easement, but that was about it. We found part of the meat, as it was a big ass chunk of roast that the dog couldn't handle in one go, and had it tested while he and I were at the vet in order to figure out wtf happened. Somebody really didn't liked getting barked at occasionally, I guess. Can't really fathom why people do insanely evil shit, but apparently barking was this individual's specific trigger to be an evil shit.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Not really on topic but I thought some people might like to see what one of my horses managed to do to herself while in the trailer this afternoon. (spoilered for yuckiness)

rnpH2U7.jpg

mMZt4Bt.jpg

Column_sl

shitlord
Off topic but I just read those pieces of shit from the UK that tortured that Bulldog got their ass beat in retaliation.

That is the saddest video I've watched in a long time. I couldn't even get through it made me so mad.

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
Off topic but I just read those pieces of shit from the UK that tortured that Bulldog got their ass beat in retaliation.

That is the saddest video I've watched in a long time. I couldn't even get through it made me so mad.
White ppl, wtf is wrong with yous! dear lord this is a horrible video, if you guys were curious like me, i'll provide the link, but be warned, this shit will tear your soul.
Video: Brothers filmed abusing pet bulldog put on suspended prison sentence - Telegraph

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
My dog woke us up this morning with weird grunting noises. She'd stuffed herself in the corner and was obviously uncomfortable, with a distended and hard belly. Vet, xrays determined bloated stomach that had inverted inside her abdomen. She's in emergency surgery now. =(

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Nymeria just turned 4 and she's pretty awesome. She's scared shit less of the baby but at least she doesn't bite his face. I guess that is good news.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
White ppl, wtf is wrong with yous! dear lord this is a horrible video, if you guys were curious like me, i'll provide the link, but be warned, this shit will tear your soul.
Video: Brothers filmed abusing pet bulldog put on suspended prison sentence - Telegraph
Holy fuck that makes me rage. Those two brothers should be fucking serving prison time, and if I would be given amnesty I'd be happy to fucking break every bone in their body. I have a bulldog and they're the sweetest breed on the planet. Fucking sad, these are the losers we should be sending on suicide missions to fight ISIS.

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
Update: My dog didn't make it - went into cardiac arrest after the surgery. Life is bullshit sometimes.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I'll take it.
biggrin.png
Sadly after this post we were upstairs playing and he got close to get face and she did a warning lunge at him. She's in timeout but I'm sort of at a loss here. Last thing I want to do is have to give up my dog, but clearly I would do it in a heartbeat for my son. Not a good situation tonight.

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
Holy crap this thread is sad.
Someone put some happy pet news in here please.
Ummm, I have a Greater Pyrenees. She's a 100 lb puppy. I think she turned 1 in december, so 1.5 yrs old and she just tipped 100 lbs. Her whole body is pretty much a kicky spot too. We just need to teach her to stop barking so much at 3 am.

Sadly after this post we were upstairs playing and he got close to get face and she did a warning lunge at him. She's in timeout but I'm sort of at a loss here. Last thing I want to do is have to give up my dog, but clearly I would do it in a heartbeat for my son. Not a good situation tonight.
It's how you raise them?

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
I think my dog, who is a mutt (though definitely at least jack russell ) is retarded. Moved into a new townhome that has a second story deck. My brilliant dog crawled under the banisters and proceeded to fall off. She seems fine, though my wife is super worried and is taking her to the vet just in case. Before the fall she got her head stuck between two banisters.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Well, we went out to dinner Friday night, wasn't gone very long and when we got back the living room was tore up. Most notably my window sill had teethmarks all over it and some of the wood was broken off. He's gone crazy before but that's when he's had to go (loose) and was trying to get out and eventually poops on the floor. Not this time, it was totally random (we think he may have heard thunder and got really scared but normally he just goes to hide, not try to tear the house apart). Anyway, on Sunday I noticed he had broken his upper canine (he was already missing the one on the left side when we got him). Root exposed and everything. Now it looks like I'm in the hole for about 800-1000 to have it removed. I can't tell you how much money I've already spent on him. I feel bad for him though, it's not his fault. It is frustrating, dogs can be such a money pit sometimes and that's not even going into repairing the window.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Ummm, I have a Greater Pyrenees. She's a 100 lb puppy. I think she turned 1 in december, so 1.5 yrs old and she just tipped 100 lbs. Her whole body is pretty much a kicky spot too. We just need to teach her to stop barking so much at 3 am.

It's how you raise them?
We've done about as much correcting on that sort behavior as one could reasonably imagine.

We believe it stems from when we rescued her. She is a very skittish and scared dog too. She's never bit anyone, I think it was just a warning. I berated her for a bit in hopes that she got the message.

I feel like we are good dog owners. When we got her we even took her to 2 dog training/obedience courses.

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
In the spirit of more happy stories for Mrs G (which means no more stories of when the pets died) I can't remember if I've told you guys about my basenji before. I had him for 10+ years before I even knew what he was. Kept asking everytime I went to a vet and they never knew, but one time one of the assistants recognized the breed. I looked it up when I got home and sure enough it described my dog perfectly. Two of the things I remember reading that I wished I'd known 10 years earlier. 1. You don't train Basenji's, you have to convince them that they want to do what you want. 2. Chain link fences are just ladders to freedom. So here's 2 stories about My basenji Q-tip.

I used to let him and my shepherd out to run the property in the evening when I got home. But if it was dark out, I didn't let them out. Got to where I was working late in the winter and wasn't able to let them out quite often. Q-tip thought this was bullshit, so he started shitting in the house. I'd punish him and make him sleep outside (in the fenced in part of the yard) and he'd shit in the house when I let him in to feed him in the morning. Eventually I realized he was only shitting in the house when I didn't let them run the property. He was doing it to punish me. When I'd find it, he wouldn't even slink away, he stood there over the pile of shit defiantly.

After my shepherd passed and Q-tip was an only dog, he started escaping. I didn't even know he was escaping for a long time because he was back home before me. I think while the shepherd was alive he didn't escape unless she came too. He got caught by animal control once and when I went to get him from the hoosegow the animal control officers told me all the stories of the months and months that they'd been chasing him and couldn't even figure out where he lived. After that they were calling me when they saw him out and told me how he leapt through the fence at a dead run (since they now knew where he lived, they could head him off at the pass). Up until then we couldn't figure out how he was getting out. I had range fencing around my back yard. For those who don't know, that's the wire fence made up of squares that get larger as you go higher. Well, the little fucker realized he could climb and squeeze through the squares about 3 or 4 rows up. That was when I remembered how he'd been barely touching his food and losing a lot of weight. The sumbitch put himself on a diet so he could squeeze through lower.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user