Pets

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Some dogs can be really fucked up psychologically, whether because they were just born that way or because of something in the way they were raised or due to some traumatic thing that happened to it. My sister had to put her rescue dog down because it was so fucked up psychologically, unfortunately. It had absolutely unbelievable separation anxiety. It refused to be alone, would blockade doors to prevent you from leaving, would destroy the house and hurt itself when left alone, get out of the yard if left outside (it could climb any fence or obstacle you put in front of it) and run 40 blocks to my parents' place, and so on. They'd tried a bunch of different medications and training etc to make it less crazy, but unfortunately it just kept getting worse. It was really sad because it was actually a very nice dog in most respects, but even my sister's vet agreed that there really wasn't much else to be done for the dog, it was just too fucked up.

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
In the happy dog news department, my wife and I just adopted a 7 y/0 lab mix from a shelter and found a real gem. We'd visited 4-5 different shelters that were all full of psycho pit bulls and toy breeds (it's LA) and this was the first dog that we felt we had a good connection with. He's a giant softy and just wants to cuddle with my kids. Figured out the dog door on the first afternoon and is totally chill - absolutely zero signs of aggression or fear. The only behavioral issue is that he's a counter-surfer. We were having a party last weekend, heard some noises from the kitchen, and discovered him ears-deep in a bowl of sour cream dip. Can't say I really blame him.

rrr_img_134887.jpg

lindz

#DDs
That guy looks like he has some Dane in him!

You can get little invisible fences to use in your house, that may help with the counter surfing. I have one to prevent my girl from going upstairs and it works great. She only had to wear the collar for like 3 days before she figured it out.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
My aunt finally put her neurotic ass dog to sleep. We were sitting it for her a couple months ago for like two and a half weeks while she was on vacation. Thought she was ok unsupervised, but one day I was sitting on my computer and I hear her acting aggressive towards the cat so I come running upstairs to see her chasing after two of the cats who are running for dear life, so without breaking stride I kick her in the face as hard as I can then drug her ass out and tossed her in the kennel for the rest of the day. She also bit my brother in law. Had to keep her outside in either the garage or the kennel any time they brought my nieces over.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
My aunt finally put her neurotic ass dog to sleep. We were sitting it for her a couple months ago for like two and a half weeks while she was on vacation. Thought she was ok unsupervised, but one day I was sitting on my computer and I hear her acting aggressive towards the cat so I come running upstairs to see her chasing after two of the cats who are running for dear life, so without breaking stride I kick her in the face as hard as I can then drug her ass out and tossed her in the kennel for the rest of the day. She also bit my brother in law. Had to keep her outside in either the garage or the kennel any time they brought my nieces over.
Da fuck? I hope someone kicks your fucking face.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Da fuck? I hope someone kicks your fucking face.
Yeah I definitely had time to sit down and write her a sternly worded letter while she was chasing after two of the cats. Not that some retard who blew up his marriage for some college pussy has any room to judge me.

koljec_sl

shitlord
In the happy dog news department, my wife and I just adopted a 7 y/0 lab mix from a shelter and found a real gem. We'd visited 4-5 different shelters that were all full of psycho pit bulls and toy breeds (it's LA) and this was the first dog that we felt we had a good connection with. He's a giant softy and just wants to cuddle with my kids. Figured out the dog door on the first afternoon and is totally chill - absolutely zero signs of aggression or fear. The only behavioral issue is that he's a counter-surfer. We were having a party last weekend, heard some noises from the kitchen, and discovered him ears-deep in a bowl of sour cream dip. Can't say I really blame him.

rrr_img_134887.jpg
Teeth look pretty good for 7 years! A good sign.

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Don't hate on Gav. Those 2 pussies are the only way Gav gets some. He had to defend them.

Also you are a giant piece of shit for kicking a dog for chasing cats.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
Dogs chase cats, it's in their nature. If the dog is attacking a kid, or even another dog, by all means kick its head in. But physically punishing a dog for following a natural instinct isn't cool imho. Would you kick a cat's head in for chasing a mouse?

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Oh man I didn't know when putting dog in stressful situations and leaving them unattended the best corrective way to deal with them is to kick them in the face as hard as my tiny, weaboo pillow-clutching body can handle.

Afterwards did you walk around the park and punch crying babies in their faces?

Did you punch anybody in the dick at the supermarket that looked at you funny?

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Nobody really believes gav kicked the dog do they? He clearly wanted to and deserves shit for thinking that was the thing to do, but was too slow to get to it. He probably went lumbering after the dog fluttering his arms around, scaring the cats more than anything else and then huffed at the dog for a minute while he caught his breath.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Yeah I definitely had time to sit down and write her a sternly worded letter while she was chasing after two of the cats. Not that some retard who blew up his marriage for some college pussy has any room to judge me.
I can judge you all I want, fag. And my judgment is that you are a worthless weebo who thinks he is hot shit for kicking a dog. Otherwise why post about it?. Shitheads like you should be dipped in acid.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
lol @ all the butthurt crybabies, oh no, a precious wittle dog got kicked. lol @ chilling by herself in the living room = being left unattended in a stressful situation. She was intent on doing harm to those cats if she had caught one of them, or maybe even me. I came into the kitchen, the cats went charging past me, and she kept running straight at me without slowing down, so yeah, I kicked her in the part of her that was closest to me, which was her head. If she'd stopped, I wouldn't have kicked her, I wasn't punishing her, I was stopping her.

I've also kicked the cats for a variety of reasons, administered a savage beating to one with a package of cheese slices, and chased another around the house for a good five minutes with a spray bottle when I caught him tearing up the weather stripping on the back door, which he never did again. I'm such a monster.

Had no idea this forum was so full of pelican sympathizers.

*edit*

Is all this weepy butthurt over me saying I kicked her as hard as I could? Would you be less rustled if I had instead phrased it 'kicked her without breaking stride, which is about as hard as I could possibly kick her'? It's not like I was running upstairs thinking 'man im gonna kick that dog as hard as I can if shes doing something wrong'. I had a split second to react, and I kicked her. In a perfect world she would have been a little bit farther away giving me enough time to check my momentum first, but I don't feel bad for the choice I made.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
Nothing crybabyish about feeling that a dog doesn't deserve to be dropkicked for.. Acting like a dog?

Just man up and admit that your rage meter was full and you let your emotions get the better of you. Making a case that it was a 2nd degree doggie assault rather than a pre-meditated attack is a start in that direction.

We're here for you if you need to let it all out Sparkle..

BTW, as someone that grew up with cats and dogs in the house, unless this dog is a pitbull/rottweiller/Doberman he'd most likely eat tiger claw if he gets too close to the cat, and they only have to learn that lesson once.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
*edit*

Is all this weepy butthurt over me saying I kicked her as hard as I could? Would you be less rustled if I had instead phrased it 'kicked her without breaking stride, which is about as hard as I could possibly kick her'? It's not like I was running upstairs thinking 'man im gonna kick that dog as hard as I can if shes doing something wrong'. I had a split second to react, and I kicked her. In a perfect world she would have been a little bit farther away giving me enough time to check my momentum first, but I don't feel bad for the choice I made.
No, everyone, 100%, everyone here knows that you acted like an asshole. So, man up, decided why you're an asshole and fix it, instead of blaming the fucking dog for being a fucking dog.

You're pretty much a shit popsicle, how about you try to fix your broken ass.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
rofl, what a bunch of bleeding heart crybaby retards. The dog had a history of biting people and she wasn't playing around, she was intent on causing grievous injury to those cats. I'd do the exact same thing to any dog her size lunging after a cat or a small breed dog. I didn't lose my temper, if my 'rage meter' had been full she'd have gotten a lot worse than a single kick.

I used to work at a veterinary clinic, and since we were near the poor end of town and had free office hours a couple times a week, we got a lot of poorly socialized dogs, mostly pits. One time an owner had a loose grip on their leash and the pit yanked free to lunge at a westie. Thankfully I was out in the lobby after having just weighed a cat carrier, so I slammed the dogs head into the wall with my knee, grabbed the collar, and handed the leash back to the mortified and apologetic owner who didn't have the least complaint about the way I'd handled her dog. Once the rush had died down and she heard all the details the vet said I handled it extremely well and saved her a major headache. So yeah, I think I understand the appropriate use of force on dogs just fine.

BTW, as someone that grew up with cats and dogs in the house, unless this dog is a pitbull/rottweiller/Doberman he'd most likely eat tiger claw if he gets too close to the cat, and they only have to learn that lesson once.
Doesn't work so well for cats that get regular nail trims.