Phantasy Star Online 2: New Genesis

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
There is going to be an event in PSO2 for the 7 day countdown to NGS. So whenever that starts, we'll know.

I play PSO2 still, so when that starts I'll let you know.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
There is going to be an event in PSO2 for the 7 day countdown to NGS. So whenever that starts, we'll know.

I play PSO2 still, so when that starts I'll let you know.
Anything carry over from that event? I haven't played in about 6 months so I'm sure I'm way behind the curve. Only want to play if we get some stuff to take to NG.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Anything carry over from that event? I haven't played in about 6 months so I'm sure I'm way behind the curve. Only want to play if we get some stuff to take to NG.

Yes. Lots, actually.

You can read it all here: PSO2 - Age Gate

In short, what you can get in PSO2 from now till NGS release that will be usable in NGS is hundreds of SG, and lots of cosmetics that will carry over to NGS of course. You'll also get an emote, and as for the details of the 7 day thing, it's here.

Note that most of the rewards, however, won't be obtainable until July 7th. They do this sometimes with events, delaying the distribution. I presume it's because things like emotes, and cosmetics are not actually in the game yet.

1622153320850.png

• 1Like

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This game seems one of those Asian mmo's that are filled with bloated systems.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Heads up, if you do plan to play PSO2: NGS today and tomorrow might be a great day to log onto normal PSO2, today you get 100SG and tomorrow you'll get 110SG just for logging on, nothing else you need to do. Collect at visiphone as normal.

• 1Like

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
PSO2: New Genesis is on steam now. You can download it if you dont have PSO2, or if you already have PSO2 installed, just right click and update it and it will automatically download the additional NGS content.

PSO2 + NGS will result in about a 100GB install, so it does take up a fair amount of space to have both installed.

Launch is in about 16 hours!

1623167302782.png

• 1Like

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
And my ass just woke up, coffees on, let's goooooo...

I've not been this excited for a game launch in forever. And of course, though, it's not going to launch on time. Figured :)

First campaign to start off NGS...

Edit: At least they are taking this this stride.

1623226045663.png

Last edited:

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Can you get the client for PC (NA) elsewhere than Steam? Steam seems to be having issues getting a clean download.

Edit: If you're on Steam and having launcher issues, here is a fix:

Last edited:

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Can you get the client for PC (NA) elsewhere than Steam? Steam seems to be having issues getting a clean download.

Edit: If you're on Steam and having launcher issues, here is a fix:

They actually fixed the steam issue already with a patch.

But you can get PSO tweaker for a standalone download if you want. This launch is like path of exile. Except, instead of actually letting you play it they dont. Hopefully they will actually launch in 55 minutes from now.

I'll be streaming this in the FoH discord for a bit on launch.

Last edited:

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
They actually fixed the steam issue already with a patch.

But you can get PSO tweaker for a standalone download if you want. This launch is like path of exile. Except, instead of actually letting you play it they dont. Hopefully they will actually launch in 55 minutes from now.

I'll be streaming this in the FoH discord for a bit on launch.
Nope, another 30m after that 55m.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
what server are people playing on? or does it even work like that. download it now and its 100gb jesus.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
So I don't know shit about this game, but my friends wanted to play. Is it me, or is the combat/targeting in this just super janky?

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So I don't know shit about this game, but my friends wanted to play. Is it me, or is the combat/targeting in this just super janky?
Very janky and there seems to be some animation lock? Also, pretty laggy at the moment. I went with Gunner and I'm not sure I like due to aiming, both Controller and KB/M feel bad. Considering going melee. I made my character on Ship 2.

Kinda clueless on what I should be doing, guessing just follow the story line, but out in the first area I just keep getting distracted by the little events.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Locking on has always been kinda janky but you can lock on then tab iirc to change your target, with the idea you want to be locking on to specific weak points ideally. It does take getting used to though.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Servers are pure trash at the moment. Someday a company launching an mmo will release with enough capacity.