Phasmophobia (PC, VR Crossplay)

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I won't be on foh discord and while we have 4, we could probably try to work people in. This is a game you need to 100% play with local voice

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Yeah, we couldn't get local voice working in our game. Really wanted to. Probably try and troubleshoot it a bit more today.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
does this have to be played coop or is there a single player option? Thinking of getting this just to see my friends get scared , but no one else has vr so won’t be able to do multi

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
When we play we try to avoid discord or mute it while in a mission. Having the radios go out during hunts and you can only communicate via local in-game voice(which can attract the ghost itself) makes it a lot more fun and immersive.

Pasteton Pasteton and like others have said you can mix VR and regular. So if you have VR they can still play with you regularly.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
played for two hours with one level 1 friend, didn't really get any super scary moments. At worst it got a little tense because I had no flashlight on me and the RCD flipped. He on the other hand tried to VR it and couldn't even do half of the tutorial mission before freaking out and giving up.

The game definitely works very well, I just feel like paranormal activity is a bit too subtle most of the time. Needs to build more tension over time.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
played for two hours with one level 1 friend, didn't really get any super scary moments. At worst it got a little tense because I had no flashlight on me and the RCD flipped. He on the other hand tried to VR it and couldn't even do half of the tutorial mission before freaking out and giving up.

The game definitely works very well, I just feel like paranormal activity is a bit too subtle most of the time. Needs to build more tension over time.
Definitely a game that also plays into the people you're playing with. If you go into the game with the mindset you're not going to get scared it might be hard to have fun. Playing with 3 other friends is really fun. But even then we had a night where just nothing great was happening.

Also as fun as the asylum and school sound on paper, they are way too big and long to be fun right now. I suggest avoiding them.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Was a ton of fun!!! ;) We need to do that again :)

• 1Like

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Definitely a game that also plays into the people you're playing with. If you go into the game with the mindset you're not going to get scared it might be hard to have fun. Playing with 3 other friends is really fun. But even then we had a night where just nothing great was happening.

Also as fun as the asylum and school sound on paper, they are way too big and long to be fun right now. I suggest avoiding them.
I agree that it's all about the people that you play with. I've played just one night with friends and as Quineloe said it had some tense moments but I didn't get freaked out at all, but those tense moments were very fun. Very few games for me that can get the adrenalin going so when it happens it's a big deal for me.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I've played about 10 hours and I'm 11 or so
judging by your Videos, half of that is VR goofying around in the lobby but that's what I thought. My friend said he'd get a friend who's played this game "a bit" already, and then a level 79 and a 83 joined. And it was just like being powerleveled. That game has a "solved" status and that's how they played it.

We continued just with the two of us because it felt like it was taking most of the experience away. Did two more jobs after that and it's a lot more fun now that we got some basic pointers how to do stuff.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Yeah we definitely don't power through missions. Half the time we are waiting for someone with pc issues

• 1Like

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah it took me longer to get the game to accept my voice inputs than I care to admit lol

• 1Like

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I felt like my friends were figuring out the shit to fast (too easy) and they were Utnayan drunk so I started turning off the power and playing creepy kid laughs into the mic.

They still think it was the demon doing the noises that got them killed.

Last edited:
  • 1Worf