Philadelphia - Where Kegkilla was born and raised.

Pemulis

Not Woke
<Bronze Donator>
As a lifelong resident of the greater Philadelphia area, I think there is just as much to do and see here as just about any major city on the east coast. You can do any of the big ticket items in two or so days. If you've never been out east before, and you're going to be here for a week, I would definitely take the trip up to NYC and spend 2 days there (but be prepared to spend a lot). I would take public transportation just to avoid having to deal with the traffic of getting into or out of the city. We took the kids up to NYC last Summer and did the 9/11 memorial in the afternoon and Times Square at night. That included a ride on the subway to get from one to the other, which was also an experience.

This is actually a pretty good list of things to do in Philly: The 10 Most Essential Things To Do On Your (First) Visit to Philly

If the Phillies are in town that week, Citizens Bank Park is an awesome ballpark, especially when the team is doing well (which so far, they definitely are) and the stadium is full. There's also a pretty good beer scene both in the city and in the surrounding suburbs, so look into that if it's something that appeals to you.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Definitely take the train up to NY. It's faster than driving.

Philly is a fun place for sure, but I think you can experience what the entire city has to offer in like three days. You can spend a week in NY.

Fifey

Trakanon Raider
I moved to Philly about 6 months ago, there really isnt much to do here. Can check out the Museum/rocky stairs and then head to old city and see a bell and some of the old buildings out there. Go to Pats or Genos, one of em is more racist than the other, I forgot which. If theres a sports game you can watch drunk bros in backwards hat punch street signs.

Not sure what the train costs but the Boltbus is a good way to get up to NYC, me and my girl just went up and it was under 60 bucks for both of us and drops you off near Times square. The bus runs through Jersey so you can see how much of a shithole that state is.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Go to Pats or Genos, one of em is more racist than the other, I forgot which.
Or don't waste your time at either. These are well known Cheesesteak places (on opposite corners), but they have mass produced garbage. My favorite steak was at a place called Liberty Steaks over by Widener University. But lots of people prefer their own closest place. This page is a dumpster fire for finding what you like, but here's a list none the less.

Next up, if your girl like shopping, you NEED to take her over to the King of Prussia Mall. It's currently ranked the #1 mall in the country by shopping square footage. #2 in overall size, because Mall of America has an Indoor Amusement Park & Aquarium. Whatever, they're fierce rivals. Any time one does an addition, the other does one as well to keep their rank the same.

King of Prussia is a beautiful mall, and you won't get stabbed then shot while walking out to your car the way you will at Mall of America.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Fifey

Trakanon Raider
Hey, I dont eat meat so Im the last person you should ask about cheesesteaks, I jist know they are the tourist trap ones.

ver_21

Molten Core Raider
Cheesesteaks are good, but so many places do them well. Pat's and Gino's is more for the photo op.

My ideal day in Philly would be something like

Diner for breakfast--make sure to order something with scrapple
Run/Hike along the Wissahickon near Valley Green
Water Ice at someplace in South Philly.
Phillies Game
Get Pho around 12th and Washington
Grab some drinks at whatever bar is trendy

• 1Like

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Green Eggs Cafe in Philly does a dope ass breakfast.

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Cheesesteaks are good, but so many places do them well. Pat's and Gino's is more for the photo op.

My ideal day in Philly would be something like

Diner for breakfast--make sure to order something with scrapple
Run/Hike along the Wissahickon near Valley Green
Water Ice at someplace in South Philly.
Phillies Game
Get Pho around 12th and Washington
Grab some drinks at whatever bar is trendy
Fuck water ice in south philly. Just go to Rita's. It wins hands down, and they're EVERYWHERE.

If you wanna go to a good bar scene, you have 2 real choices. Either Manayunk or Old City. Both have excellent bar choices.

Also, check out the Reading Terminal for decent food. Another good food area is the italian market.

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
All of these posts are wrong

Go to the Corner of Kensington and Allagheny and drop $30 on some fentyl or xanny bars and you'll have a great time in Philly.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

ver_21

Molten Core Raider
Fuck water ice in south philly. Just go to Rita's. It wins hands down, and they're EVERYWHERE.

If you wanna go to a good bar scene, you have 2 real choices. Either Manayunk or Old City. Both have excellent bar choices.

Also, check out the Reading Terminal for decent food. Another good food area is the italian market.

I was gonna say Rita's but balked. The best place is in Wilmington. It's called Dino's.

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
Didn't read page 1 or 2 but if you want great tap/craft beers go to Monk's Cafe.

• 1Solidarity