Philadelphia - Where Kegkilla was born and raised.

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

BruuceWarduck_sl

shitlord
10154480_10152029475061283_8060960874187382204_n.jpg

Theyre headling Thursday night. Never really got into them but apparently theyre playing only their older stuff. Also I dont think itll get this rowdy for KE but this is what the venue/stage looks like
Modern Life Is War - August 9, 2013

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Electric Factory is a great place. I saw Megadeth there probably almost 16 years ago. God damn, it's been a while. Anyway, it was a great venue.

As far as meeting up with you, I'd love to, but my schedule is shit. I have a movie tomorrow night, my wife works Thursday night, and I'll be in Wildwood Friday/Saturday nights, then my wife works again on Sunday night. If you'll be around much on the 28th, I'd be down to hang. What's your schedule like for Monday? I work until 4:30, but then I'm free after that. Could probably cut out early if needed.

Or maybe early tomorrow? The movie's at 7, so if you want, I could meet up before that. I can't imagine this being much later than 2 hours, so I could also do something right after, but you'll probably be at the concert.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I'm back in Philly right now. We got home early. I could meet up for a beer or whatever, if you want.

BruuceWarduck_sl

shitlord
I went to Santuccis, Steve Prince of Steaks, Paesanos, Dalessandro's, Lorenzos, Memphis Taproom, The Garage, Percy st bbq, Pho Ha, and got a donut a beliers.

I forgot I made this thread tho

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Damn just saw this. I was in Philly last week. All I did was work, and went to Eulogy a couple times.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Gents, any recommendations for a good hotel in Philly? We'd only be staying one night. Doing a Brovember Oilers/NFL tour, catching the games in Boston and NY on Thurs/Sunday, then the Eagles game on Monday. So really we'd just be taking the train to NY, dropping our shit off at the hotel, heading to the stadium to tail gate, and then at some point stumbling back in to the hotel room after the game and/or further partying after the game. So probably something centrally located in a good, entertainment oriented part of town. On that note, what's the strip club situation like in Philly? And where's the party/entertainment district for a few guys in their 30's?

skrala

Silver Knight of the Realm
Center city I'd do the Westin or Palomar. There are tons of good restaurants/bars in walking distance, fun area of town. Strip clubs/parties you're talking more of the old city area, not as familiar down there but it's all a cheap cab ride. Holler if you want my cell for recommendations, I live in center city.

-your old pal Kaxmax

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Nice man, I may do that. Too bad we're just there for a quick 24 hour stop over.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Actually, I was a big fan of the generic DoubleTree (a branch of Hilton)
I never get hotels for Philly being that I live so close, but my buddy got us a place when he was getting married. So we stayed there as opposed to driving home drunk.

That chocolate chip cookie they give any time you ask is incredible. Lots of things to walk to from there. Double Tree is in the HEART of downtown Philly. Almost across the street from the Kimmel Center, not far from the Art Museum, or most of the other big places. If you walk for 10-15 minutes, you can reach pretty much every drinking area of the city, but if you walk 2-3, there's still a handful of bars. If you're in the mood for comedy, walk down to Helium Comedy Club. It's considered one of the better clubs in the country, and it's all of 10 blocks away.

Philadelphia Downtown Hotels - Maps and Directions

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
I have a layover for 3 hours on the way out and in of the US in Philly. I am for sure getting a car service to go grab something to eat.

Can someone recommend what I should for sure go do each time? Should I play reindeer games with philly cheesesteaks or is there something else?

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
a 3 hour layover isn't "that" much, all things considered. Especially because the Philly airport is an abomination as far as getting through security is concerned. They're lazy fucks that take their sweet time on EVERYONE. It's real easy to be in line waiting to get scanned for over an hour. Especially mid-day.

Anyway, the airport isn't really that close to anything. It's kind of way off to the side of the city, and the only things even close to the airport is fast food. Anyway, Philly Eater did a write up of the best food at the airport itself. They update it every year, so here's the latest.

Where to Eat at Philadelphia International Airport - Eater Philly

Of that list, I'd recommend Chickie's and Pete's. It's a sports bar that started up off of a fairly busy highway, but over the years they've expanded to a bunch of new locations. It's definitely seafood focused, but you can always get the standard bar food over there.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Ended up going to Genos, Pats, & Tony Lukes. Did the first 2 on the way out and Tony Lukes today. Tony Lukes with cheese wiz was the fucking king, even my dumb chick who eats drinks soy milk loved it. What we call a cheesesteak is a disgrace in Florida, that was real steak thinly sliced on almost european quality bread. The cheese was my DREAMER genes wanting it to be cheese wiz.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Geno's & Pats are more about the location (in my opinion) than the actual food. They're a mass market cheese steak, and it isn't nearly as good as some of the other ones I've come to love over the years. However, if you're looking for a steak a midnight, those are the two to go to. It's always like a party outside. There's a new Tony Lukes opening up about 2 minutes from where I work. I'll have to check it out. Haven't eaten at one of his places yet.

Thorpe

Lord Nagafen Raider
There's a new Tony Lukes opening up about 2 minutes from where I work. I'll have to check it out. Haven't eaten at one of his places yet.
Take the time to drive to the original shop on Oregon Avenue. I've yet to taste a steak from any of the franchise locations that are nearly as good as the original, including the one at Citizens Bank Park.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Man I almost want to fly back for one it was so fucking good, I honestly thought it was a gimmick food. That was some real ass steak so thinly sliced I think the only way to duplicate it in Florida is to have it cut that thin at the butcher. I found "Amoroso" rolls on Amazon which are halfway baked so I can finish them here.

It goes against all the Puerto Rican in me to put this much effort into anything but that's how GD good that steak sandwich was.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I'll hit them up sometime this month. Will come back with a review. I'll even go sharp provolone instead of American. Fuck cheez-whiz though.