Phoenix & Arizona

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Dry heat isnt so bad. 115 in AZ feels better than 90 in NY.

Antilles

Idiot Savaunt
Last year we had maybe one week like that, this year it has been 2-3. Definitely not the norm, though. Wasn't entirely surprised given during the winter you'll usually have a week where temps fall below freezing and you need to cover some plants overnight, but this year there was maybe one night and we ended up never getting out our covers.

Supposed to have a pretty wet fall and winter this year though. The cycle continues.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
I was in AZ last year when the heat wave hit (beginning of July). I'll take that any day over the horrible fucking climate here in NY (or LA/FL/TX).

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
I just don't get it. 115 sucks balls but it's no different than getting buried under 5 feet of snow.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
115 sucks if you aren't in the shade. I will take this over the bullshit humidity in Chicago and fucking snow anyday. You can usually get by with swamp coolers too since there really isn't any humidity to get out of the air.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Honestly 115 isn't bad. Coming from more humid climates it sounds absurd and obscene but once you live in it awhile it's really not any different from 95 + more humidity besides sun exposure. Once it starts creeping up higher than around there it gets unbearable though. Was 119 last weekend according to the thermometer, that was significantly less fun despite only 4 degrees difference from the 'heat wave'.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
As someone who lived in Phoenix for 3 years, I would like to tell you all that you are full of shit with this "not that bad" talk. I moved there in the winter and I remember the first spring I was there I saw the forecast for May 1-5 and it was 108, 108, 108, 108, 108. Fucking horrible. The worst winter doesn't bother me half as much as the average summer in Phoenix and summer there is from May 1st to October 31st.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Its hot the winters that suck up here in NYC, all these desert dwellers afraid of a little snow are just pussies. It is the horrible fuck humidity in the summer that is shit. I will take dry 115 over humid 90 everytime.

Fifey

Trakanon Raider
Exactly. No tornados, flooding, hurricanes etc. A/C deals with 115 heat np, nothing stops god from sending a katrina or f5 your way.
How long have you been in Phoenix? Granted there aren't New Orleans type floods but the flash floods can get pretty retarded. Monsoon season sucks dick.

Phoenix is terrible.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Flash floods are only bad if youre dumb and like to drive in washes during them.

swiftkey is terible

lurker

Vyemm Raider
How long have you been in Phoenix? Granted there aren't New Orleans type floods but the flash floods can get pretty retarded. Monsoon season sucks dick.

Phoenix is terrible.
Phoenix is terrible but not for the reasons you list. Nobody except idiots are in danger during a flash flood and monsoon season is one of the nicest times of the year. It can be 100+ out there and a monsoon will come by and now its 70 and the air is clean of dust and all the plants just got watered. It may rain 4" an hour, but it only rains 15 minutes.

Fifey

Trakanon Raider
The storm of 96? Was pretty bad, like 100mph winds and pretty nasty hail. If you drive a small car, driving is a little sketchy when the streets flood up to the sidewalk. I'll admit it's rare but it does happen.

I also just enjoy being outside a lot and phoenix is terrible for that.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
The storm of 96? Was pretty bad, like 100mph winds and pretty nasty hail. If you drive a small car, driving is a little sketchy when the streets flood up to the sidewalk. I'll admit it's rare but it does happen.

I also just enjoy being outside a lot and phoenix is terrible for that.
wut? 8 months out of the year you can be outside every day and not worry about rain fucking up your plans. The flooding this area gets is minor shit compared to other parts of the country that actually get flooding. Most of it is controlled and planned.

Fifey

Trakanon Raider
I guess I should of said outside and active, sure you can do i get tired of having to shower 3 times a day.

I'll be honest I grew up and lived in Phoenix for 24 years and I have a deep hatred for the place so I'm a bit biased

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I guess I should of said outside and active, sure you can do i get tired of having to shower 3 times a day.

I'll be honest I grew up and lived in Phoenix for 24 years and I have a deep hatred for the place so I'm a bit biased
That's weird. I showered way more living in Chicago then out here because the humidity made me feel scummy. Granted I've only lived out here for 2 years but this weather is sooooooo much fucking better then what I lived with my whole life in Chicago.

lurker

Vyemm Raider
I lived in Northern AZ for about 15 years, not Phoenix but it was hot except for 3 months of winter. I had to get up early and be done doing outside activities like hiking, gardening or house maintenance chores before 10am during most of the year. You almost never saw kids outside playing in the summer.

Antilles

Idiot Savaunt

Suburbs or something? The greater metropolitan area sucks, but central Phoenix is great. 7-8 months out of the year we're riding bikes to bars around Arcadia, Scottsdale, Tempe, and Downtown Phoenix. The last few years have seen a lot of improvement to the central areas as a lot of people have been moving inward.