Pillars of Eternity, Obsidian's new CRPG in the vein of Baldur's Gate

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I'm going to replace Eder with a Rogue, and maybe the 6th slot with a monk if I don't find someone cooler. I'll have to play through again to do their questlines I suppose.

Also, how the fuck do you rest in the Brighthollow place in Caed Nua? I end up just camping outside whenever I am there. Ever after I restored it.

Malinatar

Lord Nagafen Raider
Good game so far (only a couple of hours into it) and rolled a monk. Not sure if I should reroll, but I play a monk in every damn game that has one available.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
My main guy is an Amaunua Paladin, I am just going to make him the super tank and not worry about having a second fighter for little reason. The paladin class unlocks are kind of funny, if you get Resolved Faith, you maintain your Faith and Conviction bonuses no matter how you act according to your order. Which I find funny.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
My main guy is an Amaunua Paladin, I am just going to make him the super tank and not worry about having a second fighter for little reason. The paladin class unlocks are kind of funny, if you get Resolved Faith, you maintain your Faith and Conviction bonuses no matter how you act according to your order. Which I find funny.
Makes perfect sense if the in game religion is Christianity.

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
This game is great. Was a little sad to see my first to companions bite the dust at the soul sucking machine, but I got an even bigger shock when I rolled into Gilded Vale and saw their tree decorations.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
The first dungeon is definitely rough. I just have 3 party members, myself(barbarian), the fighter from town, and the elf wizard. Was able to clear the entire thing with a LOT of saving & reloading, except the 1 small room that has 5 shades in it down on the 2nd level. That's just too much, they just mow me down at level 3 on everyone. Those goddamn shades love teleporting to the mage and just dropping him instantly. I may need to re-do his grimoire with some defensive spells, I usually just have him standing WAY in the back wit ha crossbow when he's not casting spells.

I'm also a big fan of the initial archer-volley to start all encounters. With just the 3 characters with crossbows I can usually drop 1 mob instantly before the melee starts.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
I'm going to replace Eder with a Rogue, and maybe the 6th slot with a monk if I don't find someone cooler. I'll have to play through again to do their questlines I suppose.

Also, how the fuck do you rest in the Brighthollow place in Caed Nua? I end up just camping outside whenever I am there. Ever after I restored it.
Bed on the second floor of the in, biggest one in the top left.

The first dungeon is definitely rough. I just have 3 party members, myself(barbarian), the fighter from town, and the elf wizard. Was able to clear the entire thing with a LOT of saving & reloading, except the 1 small room that has 5 shades in it down on the 2nd level. That's just too much, they just mow me down at level 3 on everyone. Those goddamn shades love teleporting to the mage and just dropping him instantly. I may need to re-do his grimoire with some defensive spells, I usually just have him standing WAY in the back wit ha crossbow when he's not casting spells.

I'm also a big fan of the initial archer-volley to start all encounters. With just the 3 characters with crossbows I can usually drop 1 mob instantly before the melee starts.
I had to hide my wizard in another room until melee got them good and mad.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
The Shadow-Stepping Shadows make that dungeon really annoying if your party has frail members. I recommend getting the Priest and Chanter (They're really close to town, just attempt to go to Caed Nua and you will find them). Then go back and do the dungeon in town.

TY Hatorade.

Anyone know if you can defend your keep against attacks , because i had an attack on mine and I lost 3 upgrades and then had a 300cp debt to pay off. Rather rough....because you have to pay to rebuild them again. Lost the main keep upgrade , hunters lodge and one other all pricey to rebuild.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Anyone know if you can defend your keep against attacks , because i had an attack on mine and I lost 3 upgrades and then had a 300cp debt to pay off. Rather rough....because you have to pay to rebuild them again. Lost the main keep upgrade , hunters lodge and one other all pricey to rebuild.
Yeah I figured out quick you need to get a barracks ASAP to hire some dudes, also you can defend against some attacks manually which will not cost anything.

bytes

Molten Core Raider
How buggy and messed up is the game right now? I keep reading about a first patch which made your early savegames unuseable and turned all kinds of guns into terrible weapons by cutting their damage in half.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
How buggy and messed up is the game right now? I keep reading about a first patch which made your early savegames unuseable and turned all kinds of guns into terrible weapons by cutting their damage in half.
One bug so far but minor, if I quicksave with one character selected and quick load I can't do anything until I manually click on some one elses portrait. Other then that game has been perfectly smooth, guns are stupid anyhow I try to ignore them.

Caliane

anyone want to comment on difficulty?

busy with other games, but did start a game, just to check it out quickly. Went with "normal" hoping, it actually meant that. should I restart on "hard"?

no screwing around with ironman mode or anything though. ha.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I find normal to be fairly challenging. I've died plenty exploring around. Most likely due to higher levels but still.

Fury

Silver Knight of the Realm
Wow. 678 reviews on Steam atm, 95% positive. Even if people start to grump about it in a couple of weeks, that's a pretty strong positive rating.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
From what I've read, Hard is actually the default difficulty and both Easy and Normal remove spawns to make the game less of a challenge. I picked Normal at first because I generally don't like artificial difficulty levels--which is exactly what Path of the Damned appears to be--but after reading that I went back and started over on Hard. Probably a good thing; my original plan was to be a rogue that packed a blunderbuss, but that was a dead end anyway since the patch nerfed guns into uselessness.

Still sticking with rogue, but now I can't decide between 'adventurer' (estoc/war bow) and 'noble' (rapier/dagger/crossbow) weapons. I don't really understand the mechanics well enough yet to know if estoc, being a 2h weapon in this game, is still viable for a rogue. I assume it is, since one of the options during character creation was offering me a greatsword.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
I couldn't handle some of the goofy build choices the standard party members come with, so I rerolled and just custom recruited a team.

Decided on a main character rogue, with fighter, druid, chanter, ranger, with the last slot left empty to maybe temporarily rotate the normal npcs for their quests. Been going a whole lot smoother when I'm not using things like a priest with 19 resolve.