Pillars of Eternity, Obsidian's new CRPG in the vein of Baldur's Gate

Raign

Golden Squire
Trying a Cipher for my first play through. Going heavy CC. Game is already great and only out an hour...

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
And Obsidian will receive about the same amount as if you pirated it.
Pretty much yup. If you have to buy g2a shield that means that key is coming from a mysterious source which means it is stolen/generated, since legitimate keys have plenty of other outlets.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I only buy from GMG, GoG, Amazon, or Steam. I really do not trust any other digital key sellers.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Played Pillars for a bit, and now back to Bloodborne. Hard to concentrate because while playing one, I want to play the other. Gaming ADD first world problems...

That said, Pillars is fantastic so far. Just made level 2 and traveled to first location on world map. I am thinking about starting over though. Not being able to click the pillars in the first cave because it required Fire Godlike makes me want to start a Fire Godlike Cipher. Currently a wizard and it seems so generic.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Will be playing this after Bloodbourne. Not because I'm playing favorite. Bloodbourne just came out first. But Ive been really excited for this title since at least last fall. Looks great.

Zx88_sl

shitlord
That said, Pillars is fantastic so far. Just made level 2 and traveled to first location on world map. I am thinking about starting over though. Not being able to click the pillars in the first cave because it required Fire Godlike makes me want to start a Fire Godlike Cipher. Currently a wizard and it seems so generic.
Or you could have used a torch?

Dandain

Trakanon Raider
Game is really really good, the default control binds were in garbage places on the keyboard or in some cases not bound at all. That said with a few tweaks. I could type way more than I need to. Suffice to say, if you want an isometric baulder's gate RPG with a 2015 update you won't be disappointed. They have made a lot of quality of life design decisions that each deserve a mention.

I opted for a Ranger, I can't resist the pull of the bow. Not a huge fan of animal companions but what can you do.

Del

Vyemm Raider
The prologue felt so good.
smile.png

Raign

Golden Squire
I LOVE that it is doing basically no hand holding. I have wandered into so many areas that were WAY higher than I should have been in while exploring. Great to have it actually feel pretty open ended.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
I kind of want to play a fire godlike race, but the restriction of not being able to wear a helmet makes me reconsider. I tend to be somewhat of a power gamer, so potentially losing out on a chunk of stats in the endgame means I'll probably just go elf.

I started as rogue, but the fast paced combat seems like it's hard to setup backstabs efficiently, so I'm gonna reroll as cipher and give that a try.