Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales (2017)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

joz123

Potato del Grande
Considering this is Disney, they probably shit on him behind closed doors and took Amber Heard's side. Now that its over and he's been vindicated, they're probably still shitting on him anyway and calling it fake. I wouldn't want to be involved with them if I were him.
When the trial started he said he wants nothing to do with Disney anymore since they fired him with no proof of anything. He will get offers for other projects anyway.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Kinda crazy that trial was a HUGE boost for his career and his next movie will probably be a hit even if it's shit

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Word is they are getting Depp back. So shelving this is a good sign.
to be fair, the last one with Depp was not good either. hell, even the third Pirates movie went on way too fucking long. the second one was mostly awesome, but the big chase setpiece on the island was way too overindulgent and just wouldnt end. if they want to bring these movies back, Depp as the lead is a step in the right direction, but there needs to be more than that. he needs to be the focal point of his own movie, not some crack faced voodoo woman or some ex girlfriend never seen before in previous films. he had really good chemistry with Keira Knightly and i thought she would actually dump Orlando Bloom for him. thats pretty much what kept my interest in this series. the whole love triangle aspect. at the end of DMC, i thought for sure she regretted killing Sparrow because of her feelings for him. anyway, i thought all that shit was cool beans to wonder about. then the final film was just a mess and then i didnt care anymore. id like to see my cutiegirl Keira come back.

• 1Seriously?

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
to be fair, the last one with Depp was not good either. hell, even the third Pirates movie went on way too fucking long. the second one was mostly awesome, but the big chase setpiece on the island was way too overindulgent and just wouldnt end. if they want to bring these movies back, Depp as the lead is a step in the right direction, but there needs to be more than that. he needs to be the focal point of his own movie, not some crack faced voodoo woman or some ex girlfriend never seen before in previous films. he had really good chemistry with Keira Knightly and i thought she would actually dump Orlando Bloom for him. thats pretty much what kept my interest in this series. the whole love triangle aspect. at the end of DMC, i thought for sure she regretted killing Sparrow because of her feelings for him. anyway, i thought all that shit was cool beans to wonder about. then the final film was just a mess and then i didnt care anymore. id like to see my cutiegirl Keira come back.
Although the story was meh, it was better than the one before it. It also made 800 million so the studio isn't seeing it as a failure. A Margot Robbie Pirates movie would not bring in that kind of cheddar.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Although the story was meh, it was better than the one before it. It also made 800 million so the studio isn't seeing it as a failure. A Margot Robbie Pirates movie would not bring in that kind of cheddar.
Well...there is one kind of movie that might..
margot robbie GIF

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider

Heading down toward 800m box office is why we don't have Star Wars movies.

For a major franchise Disney has different definitions of success.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider

It depends on what it is.

Not everything has to hit a billion. Star Wars sure as shit should, though.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member

The Star Wars movies had a lot more issues than the last Pirates movie. No one complained nearly as much about Pirates than the new SW movies.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
The Star Wars movies had a lot more issues than the last Pirates movie. No one complained nearly as much about Pirates than the new SW movies.
Their fanbases aren't really comparable in their rabidness or size.

But, yeah, the pirate films kept their identity and didn't completely shit on past films, they just became increasingly poorer movies.

• 1Like