Pixar's Inside Out

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
You guys seem to have forgotten Planes & Planes 2.

Planes is the same world as Cars... just focused on flying.

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Not much on it but yeah, the Incredibles shit explains the change with overload of sequels

Toy Story 4 was announced by Disney during an investor's call in November of 2014, tentatively scheduled for theatrical release on June 16, 2017.[19] Lasseter will return to direct, while the screenplay will be written by Rashida Jones and Will McCormack from a story by Lasseter, Andrew Stanton, Pete Docter and Lee Unkrich. Galyn Susman will produce.[20][21] Lasseter has hinted that Toy Story 4 will be a love story and will pick up where Toy Story 3 left off.[22] According to Lasseter, "Toy Story 3 ended Woody and Buzz's story with Andy so perfectly that for a long time, we never even talked about doing another Toy Story movie. But when Andrew, Pete, Lee and I came up with this new idea, I just could not stop thinking about it. It was so exciting to me, I knew we had to make this movie-and I wanted to direct it myself."[23]
Finding Dory is an upcoming 3D-computer-animated film produced by Pixar Animation Studios and released by Walt Disney Pictures. It is a sequel to the 2003 Pixar film Finding Nemo. Andrew Stanton, who directed the original film, will return as director,[2][3] alongside Angus MacLane as the co-director.[4] The film is scheduled to be released on June 17, 2016.[5] It has also been confirmed that characters from the first film will appear in the sequel, including Dory, Nemo, Marlin and the "Tank Gang".[6]
In 2004, when Disney owned sequel rights, Disney announced plans to make sequels for The Incredibles and Finding Nemo without Pixar involvement. Those plans were subsequently scrapped.[63]

When Disney acquired Pixar in 2006, the expectation of Disney was that Pixar would create more sequels and bankable franchises. Director Brad Bird stated in 2007 that he was open to the idea of a sequel if he could come up with an idea superior to the original film: "I have pieces that I think are good, but I don't have them all together," Bird said.[64]

During an interview in May 2013, Bird reiterated his interest in making a sequel. "I have been thinking about it. People think that I have not been, but I have. Because I love those characters and love that world," said Bird. "I am stroking my chin and scratching my head. I have many, many elements that I think would work really well in another Incredibles film, and if I can get 'em to click all together, I would probably wanna do that."[65]

At the Disney shareholders meeting in March 2014, Disney CEO and chairman Bob Iger confirmed that Pixar is working on another The Incredibles film, with Bird returning as writer.[26][66] Later that month, Samuel L. Jackson told Digital Spy that he would likely reprise his role as Frozone in the sequel
Michael Wallis, the voice of Sheriff and a Route 66 consultant for the first two films, said in August 2013 in an interview with WGBZ radio that Pixar will make a third film in the series, which will go back to Route 66 and will also include Route 99.[1]

At the Disney shareholders meeting in March of 2014, Disney CEO and chairman Bob Iger confirmed that Pixar is working on a third Cars film along with a sequel to The Incredibles.[2]

John Lasseter revealed in October 2014, at the Tokyo International Film Festival, that the film will feature a tribute to the Hayao Miyazaki's film The Castle of Cagliostro in a form of an old Citro?n 2CV.[3]

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Really? My mistake then. I remember that it referenced cars a lot when advertising.

PJf0Axy.jpg
Lj42itY.jpg

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Cars was cute, but it wasn't amazing. The 2nd one was really bad. I fucking hate Larry the Cable Guy, though.

Planes was acceptable. Dane Cook was the voice, but it was a very similar story to the 1st Cars. Haven't seen Planes 2 yet, but I'm sure my daughter will want to watch it soon enough. I'm glad that she isn't watching Frozen 24/7 the way other kids are. She likes Cinderella, Beauty and the Beast, Snow White, Bambie, The Jungle Book. So happy.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
planes was ok, its visuals were not as high quality as pixar, but it was fine for disney. i like the story better than Cars and the race was alright. still havent seen the sequel yet. the longest awaited sequel has gotta be incredibles 2. not many pixar films warrant a sequel, but incredibles does. they should have been making incredibles films instead of cars crap and we could have had us a sweet little superhero trilogy by now.

Homsar

planes was ok, its visuals were not as high quality as pixar, but it was fine for disney. i like the story better than Cars and the race was alright. still havent seen the sequel yet. the longest awaited sequel has gotta be incredibles 2. not many pixar films warrant a sequel, but incredibles does. they should have been making incredibles films instead of cars crap and we could have had us a sweet little superhero trilogy by now.
In the wall of text I posted(maybe a different artible) Bird pretty much stated he never wanted a sequel but as time has gone by hes got more ideas over the years

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
In the wall of text I posted(maybe a different artible) Bird pretty much stated he never wanted a sequel but as time has gone by hes got more ideas over the years
i read your post and when incredibles came out bird was saying the same thing about it being a one and done film, but still it was such a great movie that it felt stupid not to keep the story going. hopefully holly hunter and craig t nelson dont sound too old for their roles.

Gask

Silver Baron of the Realm
I really wish that Pixar had managed to stay free of Disney's clutches. I used to be thrilled every time they announced a new work in progress but the last few have been so forgettable that it feels more and more like they are producing what the toy division tells them to these days.

ohkcrlho

Pixar is going full Hollywood. Sequels, sequels, sequels. And they weren't like this, each movie they made was an unique story.
Toy story 4?! Da fuck!! It has the perfect ending, full closure. Are they going to do the same routine for the forth time: a toy gets lost and others will rescue it?
Cars? Both are bad. 2 is unwatchable.
Planes? Cars with wings.

Great/good movies by pixar:
wall-e (my favourite)
Up
Toy story
Incredibles
Finding Nemo
Monsters Inc.

Homsar

Ratatouille!! Also pixar is putting out 2 films this year so now on top of tons of sequels they are going to be rushing out movies

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
They aren't rushing anything. This movie was supposed to come out in 2014, but it was delayed. The other group of animators are still working on the 2nd film, so that is still expected to release in its original date. As a result, 2 films in 2015, none in 2014.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
I still have hope. Brave really didn't connect with me though. Consider Tangled and Frozen (Disney) and I'm just like, uh, are they all going to be for girls now? Are you making up for lost time? Wreck-It Ralph didn't pick favorites though, so I'm remaining calm.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I'm just like, uh, are they all going to be for girls now?
Eh, Disney is just going back to its roots. Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty and Snow White were not exact boy favorites either. Beauty and the Beast was basically for girls too. Little Mermaid was for girls too but boys liked it anyway and I've got some rather Freudian theories about that one.