Pixar's Inside Out

Agraza

Registered Hutt
Great movie. Another american classic. This is a winner.

I loved Anger. I'd say more, but I know there are tons of punks reading this thread that ain't seen the movie and will click spoilers. Fuck you people. See the movie.

spronk

FPS noob
haha
http://www.slashfilm.com/insidious-inside-out-mix-up/

Parents are reportedly furious after a theater accidentally showed Insidious: Chapter 3 instead of Inside Out. Though the staff caught the mistake early in the screening, one angry mom says "the damage is already done."

The Journal-News reports the event occurred at the Danbarry Cinema in Middletown, Ohio last week. Local parent Jazmyn Moore tells the publication she took five kids to see Inside Out, only to discover after sitting through the previews that Insidious: Chapter 3 was playing instead.

According to her, images of children being tied up and murdered quickly appeared on screen, spooking the children in her charge. Moore says she and the other adults in the auditorium quickly gathered their families and left. The theater manager apologized to the guests and offered free passes and 3D upgrades to the unlucky moviegoers.

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
Do you have a child? If so, is it a daughter?

If you answered no to either of these questions, the movie probably won't hit you the same as it did for me.
I don't have a kid, but I thought the movie did a good job capturing what it was like to move far from everything you know at that age. I moved 3 times in that age range and I remember having all those moments.

I don't think the movie was as good as Up, but I would put it with Wall-E. I really enjoyed it.

khorum

Murder Apologist
I can't WAIT for the sequel to this movie.

We get to see Riley build Tumblr Island once Anger and Sadness finally forces Joy to wear a burqa and start dating an arab camel-kin cab driver.

khorum

Murder Apologist
Same probably. I don't have kids and this still got me in the feels way harder than Up did, and that opening sequence from Up got me something good.
Up's opening was definitely great but the whole movie was wrapped up by that last scene when Carl discovers that Ellie left him a final message in her scrapbook before she died:

That one sneaks up on you.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
This movie keeps me thinking about memory and cognitive functions more than a week after I saw it. Several of us were contemplating what "islands" we each had in our brains and what core memories we would have etc.

Troll_sl

shitlord
Casting Lewis Black as Anger was absolute genius. I just wish he'd been able to let loose as he normally does. But family movie...

Actually kinda felt irrationally angry watching it. It's been so long since I've had that "Joy" voice in my head.

Definitely in the top 3 Pixar flicks, for me (always hard for me to actually rank more precisely than that). Definitely an emotional one.

Gorillaz_sl

shitlord
I thought it was just mediocre. I have a 4yo boy and 8yo girl I took.

I can get caught up in emotional stuff but the Joy vs. Sadness stuff was so damn predictable and mundane.

The only part that got me was the imaginary friend.

Anger had like one funny moment every 20-30 minutes which wasn't enough.

I don't know, it just felt flat and predictable. I spent most of the movie looking for the Pixar easter eggs.

And I feel like my family structure was the intended target.

lurker

Vyemm Raider
My wife and I went and saw it. We liked it. My daughter is grown up and out of the house and it's been years since I've been to an early showing, during the summer, of a kid's movie. The audience is very noisy, in a good way.

Gask

Silver Baron of the Realm
That's a bold statement in a world where Brave exists.
I will second the dull comment. It started out strong with the intro to the psyche and the mood swings but then it seemed like they decided to just tread water the remaining 75% of the film with those overly long Joy adventure sequences. The premise of the film was good but they should have done something more with it than just inserting zany nonsense in between the predictable sad moments.

I'll chalk it up to Disney meddling with things they shouldn't be interfering with again.

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
Took my 3 and 5 year old to see it. My 3 year old enjoyed it but was to young to really "get it" yet. My 5 year old was practically bawling when Bing Bong... well you know. Took me a few minutes to convince her to watch the rest of the movie. I may have needed some help myself for a few parts. Great movie. Almost took my girls to see Minions instead. Really glad I didn't.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Minions was alright. They're great side characters, but they aren't strong enough to lead a movie by themselves. That's why they had to introduce Scarlet in this. It helped, but it definitely wasn't enough. They really get on your nerves after a bit. Despicable Me did it perfectly, where they were very present, but NOT the center of attention.