Plane Crashes at San Francisco Airport

tad10

Elisha Dushku
Really low number of casualties. Pretty amazin actually considering the damage.

General Antony

Vyemm Raider
60+ are unaccounted for, not injured. More blood on the hands of the Black Prince. His reign will drown in it.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
so where did the unaccounted people go? Just left on their own accord before being counted or burned alive?

or raptured?

/tinfoilhat

Disp_sl

shitlord
Yeah I have no clue how only 2 people died and so many were unhurt from that. The wreckage looks bad and the plane supposedly rolled several times on the runway.

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
stills_v06_1220.jpeg

BoldW

Molten Core Raider
Yeah I have no clue how only 2 people died and so many were unhurt from that. The wreckage looks bad and the plane supposedly rolled several times on the runway.
I will forever more tighten my seatbelt when the light comes on.

Do we know who this pilot is yet? Did he Eff it up, or was he heroically saving everyone from some malfunction or other?

Disp_sl

shitlord
From what I've read/seen he hit the ground before the runway somehow and ripped the tail off, which is stupid because SFO's runway is huge.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
I'm quite sure this is a pilot error, at least from what's being said right now. But, I'm sure those "facts" will change, as they always do. From the debris field, it looks pretty clearly that he just landed on the runway way way too early.

Madsapper

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Supposedly clipped the sea wall with the tail (which removed the tail) on a too short approach at roughly a 45 degree angle. Maybe the pilot watched Space Cowboys the night before and decided to "tap the brakes" a bit on the approach.

Dabamf_sl

shitlord
Supposedly clipped the sea wall with the tail (which removed the tail) on a too short approach at roughly a 45 degree angle. Maybe the pilot watched Space Cowboys the night before and decided to "tap the brakes" a bit on the approach.
More shocking news than the plane crash: this guy actually watched Space Cowboys

Cybsled

I'm guessing the reason there aren't a ton of deaths is because the plane was doing a standard landing, which means it was slowing its airspeed down a lot and was oriented in a way so the belly was facing downwards.

iannis

Musty Nester
I'm guessing the reason there aren't a ton of deaths is because the plane was doing a standard landing, which means it was slowing its airspeed down a lot and was oriented in a way so the belly was facing downwards.
Are there landings where the belly does not face downwards? I'm just imagining what the captains announcement would sound like. "Shit's too fucked. We have to land on the roof. Everyone hang tight!" Wouldn't you call landing on the wing a crash?

Other than that, surprisingly less lethal plane crash. Hooray for the goodguys.

VariaVespasa_sl

shitlord
Er, to make it better/worse, the autopsies suggest that one of the dead may have actually been killed by being run over by one of the emergency vehicles responding to the crash...
frown.png