Plane Crashes at San Francisco Airport

Eorkern

Bronze Squire
Er, to make it better/worse, the autopsies suggest that one of the dead may have actually been killed by being run over by one of the emergency vehicles responding to the crash...
frown.png
LOL, "please tell my familly I died an heroic way !"

Delly

Trakanon Raider
So now all passengers will get a brief pamphlet about their pilot before boarding the plane so they can decide whether the risk is worth it or not. "Recently divorced? Fuck this!"

Sounds like the media is starting to blame the pilot for the crash based on him asking for an increase in speed before the landing.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
the plane was already going way too slow. whoever was in charge of that, they are gonna get reamed. and i heard the 2 girls who died, died when the tail section broke off and they were sucked out of the plane.

First responding unit is being represented right now by a lieutenant i believe.. she's referring to her coworkers as "heroes"

What? Why are you a hero for performing your sole job function?

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I've got a lot of respect for people who choose professions like Firefighter, but being a Firefighter or something similar doesn't automatically make you a hero.

iannis

Musty Nester
Yeah, you don't get to pull the hero card that often. If you do eventually someone is going to invent a word which means, "A hero but for real" and then you'll have to start calling them that and it's just this long stupid cycle of pointlessness.

Good Guy Firefighter? Most Excellent Paramedic Dude?

They deserve respect for making that choice. Allow hero to mean something more specific.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I always put the term "hero" to first responders who go way above and beyond the call of duty, such as the guys going up the stairs in the WTC while everyone was going down. Not some dude who just showed up as part of his job.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
Someone pulls me out of burning wreckage, regardless if its their job or not, I'd consider them a hero.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
So they are all blaming this noob pilot with 43 hours, blah, blah... But wait a second, should there not be a co-pilot there responsible for this noob? WTF? Its not like this dude went up there alone. He was in training.