Planetside 2

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Well mines are certainly not AA unless for some reason the guy lands his aircraft on you ^^. They also have C4, which is remotely detonated, however C4 is a lot more expensive cert wise. Well I think it is, I forgot what's the price on the first utility pouch upgrade, think it was 400? Might be 200 though, in this case you can get 2 C4 for 400 with this particular suit, which is fairly cheap. 2 C4s destroy anything but a full hp sunderer, which goes up in flames and take like 10secs to explode. 2 AT mines destroy everything including a sunderer and they only cost 200certs(you get 2 for the first point, while you only get 1 C4).

However they nerfed them recently and they're very annoying to use. Specifically, you used to be able to run at a sunderer and drop your 2mines on it quickly and it'd blow up a second later. Now however you have to "deploy" the mines, like your turret or the ammo packs. I believe you can't deploy under a vehicle, it takes a while to deploy and arm, you can't stack them(they have to be separated by about a meter, which is fine but still) and the tend to bug out if you try to deploy them on hills and shit that are too steep. That makes them a lot better at deploying beforehand like on a road where you know vehicles will come soon, while C4 can be used offensively a lot more. You can also C4 your Flash, speed up toward a vehicle and exit the flash then detonate the C4 that's on it once it reaches your target, cool stuff but it tends to do less direct dmg.

Anyway that's the 2 options for Engineers. LA and Medics only get C4, HAs get C4, AV grenades and rocket launcher and Infiltrators get nothing.

Oh also the Engineer tip that most people don't find out unless told about it, if you select your turret(default 5 I think) then press B, it will swap it to a 4mins ammo box that is independant of your equippable ammo box. This is part of the engineer kit at all times. That mean you can replace the other ammo box with mines or C4 or medkits and still are able to supply ammo(and get xp for it).

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Oh also the Engineer tip that most people don't find out unless told about it, if you select your turret(default 5 I think) then press B, it will swap it to a 4mins ammo box that is independant of your equippable ammo box. This is part of the engineer kit at all times. That mean you can replace the other ammo box with mines or C4 or medkits and still are able to supply ammo(and get xp for it).
Nice! Didn't know that, thanks. So there are no AA options for Engineers? What about other classes?

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Well everyone can shoot at ESFs with normal guns, doesn't do a whole lot of dmg but it adds up decently. You can't dmg Libs or Gals though. Other than that, there's only 3 ground to air counters, HA have a lock on rocket launcher for air specifically or they can try to hit something with dumbfire rockets(very unlikely), MAXes have Bursters which are flak canons and Lightning tanks have the Skyguard turret which is flak canons too. You can also fire with any tank and try to hit something obviously, and everyone can get in flak turrets in various bases. Other than that nothing, Air is supposed to counter Air mostly and Ground is more of a deterent than an actual counter. While you can definitely drop stuff if you have multiple AAs, you generally rely on the aircrafts to make mistakes, if they don't the best you can do is keep the skies clear but you won't kill shit.

That's why there's not that much AA, it's incredibly unrewarding since you don't kill all that much and mostly wound opponents, you need about as many AA counters as actual AA units for the counters to be effective and all 3 AA counters cost 1000certs(granted the MAX starts with one of the arm for "free", but a single burster doesn't do shit). They're improving anti air next patch though.

Jesus Christ the learning curve on this game is insane. Played for about 30 minutes for the first time today and I had absolutely no fucking clue what I was doing. I've been a gamer for over a decade and yet this game made me feel like a total dumbass. Will try to pick it up again when I have more free time.

Pops

Did the same Soy, as a combat medic, no idea what was what. Decided to read up before trying again.

Lost Ranger_sl

shitlord
If you have any questions just post them here guys. Plenty of people playing who can break down systems/mechanics for you if needed.

Wintermute_sl

shitlord
Same boat as Soy and Pops. Had no idea what I was doing or who I was shooting at. Then I talked to someone and realized that for some strange reason the player names and health bars aren't appearing and I cannot tell who I am supposed to be shooting and who I am supposed to be healing. Does anyone know wtf I can do to fix this? My graphics card is all up to date and I am far from a tech wizard so I have no fucking clue what could be wrong.

xzi

Mouthbreather
Always hit Q to spot people before or during your shooting so you can track them, it will give an arrow above their head and make them show up on the map.

However, if it's weird drawing issues.. Smed posted on his twitter that they're working on a major increase in characters drawing in sooner. They're aware the render distance is pretty garbage. (this will mostly help vehicles)

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
For everyone joining this thread for the third time... The official, unofficial FoH,MoreNutz, Rerolled server & faction is Terran Republic on Jaeger. That server is essentially where a lot of people are making TR alts. A Lot of other people from the boards seem to be on Mattherson Playing all three factions it seems.

I am Tagas (TR) on [Jaeger] and Morgrim (NC) on [Mattherson]

I am still not sure what the FoH/rerolled outfit is called. Post your names and servers if you like and maybe people will come by and shoot the shit with you.
Yeah losing FoH THEN our morenetz posts has screwed getting alot of new guys in. Hell some may not even know of rerolled.

Anyways
We're named "A Really Good Outfit" (Argo)

I'm on vacation so hit Sizer, (best bet since I will text him to let him know ) Sudoo, Pools, or Munsonism are also on alot. Just let em know your FoH Or if Nenai,Sudo, or the other the conquest fellas read this here they can get ya as well. The Teamspeak info will be in the MOTD under the outfit tab in the game menu.

Jesus Christ the learning curve on this game is insane. Played for about 30 minutes for the first time today and I had absolutely no fucking clue what I was doing. I've been a gamer for over a decade and yet this game made me feel like a total dumbass. Will try to pick it up again when I have more free time.
Soy, Pops, or winter feel free to join us over on jaegar TR if you're solo and getting frustrated. We will gladly help you guys get set up.
Anyways fellas
Cya next. Week

Ninen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Ctrl-L toggles names and health bars for friendlies.

Draw distance issues are huge. Anywhere from game changing when you auto-miss what you can't see, to just annoying (friendlies health bars and names show up very quickly on cursor-over, 'except when they don't. thus that max altitude gal/Lib up there with no name tags? Maybe it' friendly, maybe it's not.

And maybe my eyes are just shit, but NC blue and Vanu Purple are too similar on buildings/terminals/common vehicles.

Something to note: while no one likes a TKer, It doesn't appear the penalties are even implemented. Realizing that takes quite a bit of rage out of being a sniper. Boxed into a spawn room, firing out the door, some heavy who's trying to rocket snipe moves up, fires, and then just stands there blocking your shot as he spends an eternity reloading? No longer do you need to dance around these stupid fsckers. Head shot them is faster. After the 2nd or 3rd shot, they quit getting in the way.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
There are TK penalties, but they don't kick in right away otherwise you'd be fucked everytime you drive a tank and some retard throws himself in front of you when you're not even going fullspeed. After a bunch of kills, you get weaponlocked for I think 30mins, you basically can't do shit(even healing/repairing counts as weapons so you can't do that). If you TK too much and gets weaponlocked too much, you go on a special list and you apparently get banned(Reddit post of some retard bitching cause he TKed too much and got banned without a warning). Too much being obviously intentional TK, as everyone TKs once in a while anyway.

xzi

Mouthbreather
Liberators can be extremely effective with the giant rockets they rain down.. but they are ONLY useful if you have a lot of air support. I feel like a liberator and a galaxy may as well just be sitting targets. Galaxy is awesome for dropping 12 people out, but after that it's pretty pointless and you get absolutely nothing from being transport like you do a sunderer.

That and now with the air armor nerf it's so silly taking out air from the ground.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Hmm just to be sure, you only see the names of people you aim at, you only see healthbars if they're not full and you generally don't see enemy names and only see their healthbar once you've engaged them and/or spotted them and they're not too far.

I mean, check a youtube video of the game and see if you really see less than that.

Also Try F11 or Ctrl+ i, personally my HUD show/hide key is ctrl i, not ctrl L and I'm fairly sure I haven't rebound it.

Wintermute_sl

shitlord
Yeah I was actually playing on my laptop with someone else in the same room. I''m gonna keep trying and see if maybe I need to be closer.

JOESAN21

<Gold Donor>
Ahh didnt know that!! Thank you for that info!

Love the Engineer over all the other classes just due to mines. They have nerfed the ability to place like you could in PS1, but they are still so much fun.

MrGraham_sl

shitlord
UI in this game is so annoying. I don't know how to see who is online in an outfit, /who only seems to work on the same continent or something, and the /commands needed to send tells and messages are absurd.

It is fun as shit when you get in a rhythm, though.

I made a TR Jaeger char, Kreizenn. Didn't see anyone from this thread online when I popped on it a few times, but that might have been UI difficulties.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
If you press O it shows outfit members or something, it's messy but I could check whenever people were online via it.