Planetside 2

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Soooo. Is PS2 P2W? My bud is getting frustrated as hell, and swears it's because everyone paid big bucks.

Toxxulian_sl

shitlord
Is there anything like a parachute? It sucks having to jump sometimes and know you'll die at the bottom.
Use your shield as a heavy when you jump and you shouldn't take any damage.

Soooo. Is PS2 P2W? My bud is getting frustrated as hell, and swears it's because everyone paid big bucks.
Your friend is bad. If you want a different gun RIGHT NOW yeah, purchase it with station cash, but besides that all major weapon mods are done through certs which you cannot purchase.

Iadien

Silver Knight of the Realm
It's not pay to win. Your friend needs to try something else, or he just plain sucks.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
That's not really true for anything vehicle related though. While the difference between 2 infantry players is mostly certs and as such not the amount of money you spent, besides the fact you can get certs twice as fast if you have 6month membership+50% boost, or at least 75% as far with just 1month membership and that underbarrel grenade launchers can make a difference every now and then and require specific weapons which cost 1000certs.

However when it comes to vehciles, there's major differences depending on wether or not you bought different weapons, which all can be bought with money obviously. An ESF with Rocket pods and without are 2 different beasts, so is one with A2A missiles.

Lightning base gun is complete shit compared to HE or HEAT. HE on MBTs can also be quite useful but to be honest they start with HEAT so they're pretty decent, however the secondary cannon makes a huge difference if you're Vanu and buy the Saron(which is like a railgun, does high vehicle dmg and instantly kill infantry assuming you get direct hits).

Liberators come equipped with complete shit weapons, and while the driver tank gun thing only costs 100certs, the Zelpher and Dalton both cost 1000certs and are way way way better than the basic 2nd seat gun, so much that it actually makes the Lib worth using while without them it's definitely not unless you need personnal transport and your ESF is on cd.

Don't know much about Gal or Sunderer but the Bulldog was a lot better than the base canons on the Sunderer, not sure if it's still the case since it was recently nerfed. Flash is obviously better with a weapon since it comes by default without one, but the 2 machine guns are pretty cheap only the grenade launcher is expensive so not a big deal.

Still overall, there's a huge difference in most cases between the vehicle of someone who paid money OR farmed 1000certs(almost everything good I listed is 1000certs btw) and someone with the stock vehicle. Only exception I find are NC and TR MBTs which perform adequately even without any upgrade since their secondary guns are pretty shit afaik and the basic HEAT is good enough.

Highly recommend the Vehicles pack, it's 20$ instead of 49$ for the stuff separately, and it had almost everything good. The pack might change over time though I'm not sure but the current one since I checked earlier is Rocket Pods for ESF, Zelpher for Lib, HE for Lightning, HE for MBT, Basilisk for Flash, some shit for Gal and/or sunderer.

Sancus

Trakanon Raider
The M60 Bulldog is actually buffed not nerfed, it's just that SOE is completely incompetent at release management. They reduced clip size but improved everything else(projectile speed, reload speed, rate of fire, and damage), which will actually be quite a significant buff because holy shit the M60's projectiles are too slow to hit anything further than 20m, though it's deadly at close range. Some of the changes aren't going in until the next patch, though, supposedly.

xzi

Mouthbreather
Almost every weapon in PS2 is just a sidegrade, except the sniper rifle. If you want to snipe, pick up the 2nd one you can buy or the one for 1000 certs.

^ pretty much what pyro posted on vehicles. It depends on what you want your role to be in a vehicle, anti vehicle or anti infantry.. everything can do both. Galaxy upgrades are pretty meh - I only ever use it as a drop vehicle. I recently bought the AA gun for the Lightning and it's exactly what it sounds like, a fucking moving AA gun. You can hit anything above you as long as you can lead, it's extremely deadly. I like camping on our teams sunderer's because air always tries to swoop down and get kills and I just annilate their face. Mix that with the armor that goes ontop of your tank, and you're just a fortress of fuck-you to air.

A sunderer though can get those bulldogs and it rips shit on infantry, but isn't that awesome on vehicles. Default sundy guns can take out any ground vehicle 1v1 and just tank the damage they receive. I like rolling 1 machine gun and 1 bulldog on my sundy, personally. Just to have a bit extra vehicle damage. Plus the machine gun is actually pretty damn good if you don't hold fire. You can 3shot any class but heavies with it as long as you fire very slowly.

orcmauler

Golden Squire
I'm enjoying being a (nearly) full-time repair bot for battles and occasionally a healer. I'm having the issue with enemy players not showing up properly so shooting just ain't working.

Anyone know if mines are worth it? Seems that, the way the zerg currently works, it would be some free/cheap kills. Otherwise I'm just going to max repair.

xzi

Mouthbreather
I'm enjoying being a (nearly) full-time repair bot for battles and occasionally a healer. I'm having the issue with enemy players not showing up properly so shooting just ain't working.

Anyone know if mines are worth it? Seems that, the way the zerg currently works, it would be some free/cheap kills. Otherwise I'm just going to max repair.
I play engi as my main class a majority of the time and mines are definitely worth it. Two mines will kill anything except a liberator/galaxy. You can't just throw the mines like you used to be able to, they have to kind of "deploy" (kind of like the ammo has a delay). I definitely think they are worth it, and they are absolutely amazing at killing deployed sundys. My most recent favorite thing to do is re-deploy on your squad leader (every 15mins) and land ontop of a deployed sunderer and throw two mines down and clean out a base pretty goddamn quick.

Aside from not being able to run into traffic and throw them down anymore, I suggest you put two in the road that you know vehicles are going to be driving on. Mines now last through death and even through class-change, so just throw a few down and go fight somewhere else and enjoy your eventual free certs.

If you want to be a really huge dick, you can even shoot them. It brings spawn-camping to a whole new level because the explosion radius is so huge and all those fucking people sitting in spawn shooting out are just free kills, assuming you don't die before you plant the mine. The great part is, even if someone else shoots it - it gives you credit for the kills.

Be sure to use your turret like somebody else suggested, when selected and you hit B it will spawn an ammo box instead of a turret. Honestly, there's no reason to use the default engi ammo unless it's upgraded. (upgrades give it a bigger radius)

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yup right now the turret deployed ammo box thing works in all respects like a rank 3 ammo box regardless of what your ammo box certs are at. So until you get to rank 4 or higher ammo box there is no point using the normal one. I am guessing this is not the desired functionality though so I am currently working to get my ammo box up to snuff because thats likely to get yoiked with little notice.

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
So have been rolling NC on connery and boy does the faction overall lack in team play. what faction are you guys playing on your server?

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
I am currently running TR on connery. Most of the days they are doing pretty well but man sunday was ride the fail train. I am not sure what the hell was going on but we were sucking it in every way shape and form.

orcmauler

Golden Squire
Ok stupid questions time. Is there a way to load more than one of an item at a time (grenades/mines etc). When I'm loading my engineer I only get one mine at a time and that just doesn't do shit.

I have found that autojoining squads ain't too shabby, but I'm playing VS on Jaeger and it seems we aren't too disorganized most times.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
There's cert stuff to carry more. For mines, I guess you mean antipersonnel mines since AT mines are 2 at a time. If you buy the 2nd cert for it you get a 2nd, and you get a 3rd from the supply pouch suit cert(but it's like the last point at 1000certs so not very optimal). You can't carry more than you unlocked.

Pancreas

Vyemm Raider
Why are the NC Blue?
-Because of their guns

Why are the TR Red?
-Because they have no souls.

Why are the VS purple?
-Because they're epic failures.

What do they use to grease axles with on Auraxis?
-Pedestrians

How many engineers does it take to replace a light bulb?
-It only takes one, but 30 will show up.

How many medics does it take to replace a light bulb?
-It takes three, because the other two wont stop reviving each other in the middle of a kill zone.

How many max units does it take to replace a light bulb?
-It takes one MAX, and two really big holes in your ceiling.

How many Heavy Assaults does it take to replace a light bulb?
-It takes 100, one to spot the hostile light bulb, and the other 99 to kill each other with rockets the moment someone says to "take it out".

How many Light assaults does it take to replace a light bulb?
-Only takes one, but don't expect him to come back back down until he's out of ammo.

How many Infiltrators does it take to replace a light bulb?
-A bunch, until one of them finally realizes to drop their cloak first.

What does NC stand for?
-No Clue --- "Who the fuck keeps shooting us?!"
What does TR stand for?
-Terrible Reasoning --- "HOLD THE CROWN!!!"
What does VS stand for?
-Very "Special" --- "Why the fuck did you crash?!" "You said we were doing a Galaxy drop right?"

Nepenthes_sl

shitlord
I'm playing TR on Jaeger. Still getting a feel for what the hell is going on. I'd love to hookup with the outfit you guys have set up. Toon is named Nepenthis.