Planetside 2

xzi

Mouthbreather
Hahaha, that video.
The booster on Magriders defies physics indeed. You can just go over whatever the fuck you desire, never have I tried going straight up a mountain though..

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
tried to app but its blocked at work names nargoroth on connery. solo nc on this server is maddening :p

Sugarhigh_sl

shitlord
Rolling as VS on Connery server

I am finding the game surprisingly fun to play. Best upgrade i have purchased thus far has to be the forward handgrip for my main gun... that shit just makes killing easier

Nija

<Silver Donator>
I'm NC on Connery as well. I'm in Hostile Takeover -http://hostilism.com/and we're recruiting as well.

We're often in the same area as the devildogs, but that's just due to the size of the 666th.

JOESAN21

<Gold Donor>
I play engi as my main class a majority of the time and mines are definitely worth it. Two mines will kill anything except a liberator/galaxy. You can't just throw the mines like you used to be able to, they have to kind of "deploy" (kind of like the ammo has a delay). I definitely think they are worth it, and they are absolutely amazing at killing deployed sundys. My most recent favorite thing to do is re-deploy on your squad leader (every 15mins) and land ontop of a deployed sunderer and throw two mines down and clean out a base pretty goddamn quick.

Aside from not being able to run into traffic and throw them down anymore, I suggest you put two in the road that you know vehicles are going to be driving on. Mines now last through death and even through class-change, so just throw a few down and go fight somewhere else and enjoy your eventual free certs.

If you want to be a really huge dick, you can even shoot them. It brings spawn-camping to a whole new level because the explosion radius is so huge and all those fucking people sitting in spawn shooting out are just free kills, assuming you don't die before you plant the mine. The great part is, even if someone else shoots it - it gives you credit for the kills.

Be sure to use your turret like somebody else suggested, when selected and you hit B it will spawn an ammo box instead of a turret. Honestly, there's no reason to use the default engi ammo unless it's upgraded. (upgrades give it a bigger radius)
All this. I'm glad I'm not the only one shooting the mines as well.

Anti-personel mines are also great at the tech centers due to the way the capture point is set up. You can go suicide bomber, toss your grenade, run ahead of it, plant two mines......you die but everything in the area goes boom. You can break a enemy capture point camp this way very easily.

xzi

Mouthbreather
Btw. After posting about the Mines and whatnot.. they reverted them back. You can now just throw them down again and continue running. So mine the shit out of oncoming traffic! gogogo

Pops

The learning curve is brutal, but I have gotten a bit better. Can only take the frantic pace in measured doses.

Regime, thank you for the offer, maybe next time I will try to be one of the boys

Runbad_sl

shitlord
Is there a server the folks from this forum have been playing on? I'm just getting started and would be nice to have a group to play with.

W

Wrathcaster

I already rolled a TR on Waterson before I found out where FoH peeps were playing and joined a pretty decent outfit with some buddies from DayZ. If anyone's on Waterson as TR, or would be interested in switching/starting an alt on Waterson, let me know.

I'm JendrykEpsilon in-game, and I'm part of ARC. We have nightly raids around 6pm EST of 2-4 squads and a dedicated teamspeak with some very good raid leaders. They've set up some absolutely epic tank columns and massed air assaults (2 squads in full galaxies, other 2 squads in liberators and mosquitos). Overall they make the game a ton more fun and have mostly non-fucktard older players... A bunch of very cool, laid back peeps.

PM here or hit me up in-game at JendrykEpsilon with a friend request, or on Steam as Jendryk2000 or JendrykEpsilon, can't remember what my name is right now, will check it later tonight.

We need 10-12 more dedicated TR players to help us out when Vanu starts pwning or after we cap shit and people start logging.

Iadien

Silver Knight of the Realm
Don't redeem any SC until next Friday.

rrr_img_2591.jpg
[/url]

rrr_img_2591.jpg

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
Buy 1500 SC game cards at Walmart, get an extra 500SC for free, then turn in on the 21st, to triple the whole thing. 6000 SC for 15$. Can't be beat.

I'll spend 30$ and be set on SC for quite a while, especially if purchases go account wide like they plan.

Sugarhigh_sl

shitlord
Aircraft sporting the rocket pods are pretty damn rapey if your faction doesnt have good air support... (which mine didnt last night lol)

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Buy 1500 SC game cards at Walmart, get an extra 500SC for free, then turn in on the 21st, to triple the whole thing. 6000 SC for 15$. Can't be beat.

I'll spend 30$ and be set on SC for quite a while, especially if purchases go account wide like they plan.
Yep pretty much what I plan on doing. Even if I don't spend nearly all of it(literally just buying cosmectic crap now), always games in future where station cash is used.

Anyone have full flak armor? Is it worth it over full grenade bandolier? 50% explosion DR is pretty huge, my thing is does it save you from 1 shots(direct tank round, direct grenade, direct grenade launcher, claymores, AP mines) or is the damage so high on those that even with 50% you still die.