Planetside 2

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I haven't had this happen but I've seen lots of bitching about hit registering and wasn't sure what they were talking about, it could be this or another issue altogether.

Are you using a router and what kind? Are you using Steam or Stand Alone?

I've seen posts about certain routers causing lag issues as well as Steam installs causing all kinds of weird issues. It may not have nothing to do with your problem but I would start there.

Kharza-kzad_sl

shitlord
That is actually an improvement over what I experience. Mine is the hits just never registering at all. Like an entire clip into back of skull and nothing. I sort of learned to live with it as I have the worst internet connection possible.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
Some random tips I've learned since noobing it up as an engineer. Apologies if some of these are obvious:

1) While in lift pads, you can duck to go down quicker, and jump to go up faster. In fact if you hold down jump, the yellow lift throws you really far in the air, you can reach awesome camp spots this way
wink.png

2) Lift pads make you immune to fall damage for 10-15 seconds. Simply skirt through a lift pad, now you can safely jump all the way to the bottom of the base with 0 fall damage.

3) You can sort of control jump pad trajectory by moving mid air. If you hit a jump pad backwards it seems you can fall really short of the landing pad.

4) Using a drop pod and trying to land on a tiny tower or tree branch? Center it, and make sure you STOP changing directions a good 3-5 seconds before you land. Otherwise momentum throws you way off your target once you land.

5) Dont bother loading out the engineer ammo pack, use that spot for tank/prox mines. Simply pick your turret and hit 'b' to switch to an ammo pack.

6) Turret is sniper bait, don't use it in the open. But it makes a great ladder to get to spots only light assaults can. In south bio-dome, I love using it to climb the trees.

7) Underbarrel grenade launcher is still a bit bugged. If you shoot it as fast as possible, you will stop restocking ammo no matter how many ammo packs you sit on. To prevent this, after you shoot and auto reload, wait until you hear the restocking 'click' (and see 1/1 ammo). It only takes an extra second, but nothing worse than reigning hell down on people with grenades in the perfect spot (ie Bio dome tree =D) and bugging out.

8) Suck it up and get at least a few ranks of mine guard on your Sunderer. It's ridiculously cheap for what it does. Stop my suicide engi mining runs in it's tracks. A fully mine guarded Sunderer takes SEVEN mines to kill.

Siddar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I would add a tip that mines and anti tank mines don't despawn when you die or change classes. So go ahead and lay anti tank mines and anti personal mines in areas you know you eventually will get kills. Then change to LA, HA, Max or just restock mines to be ready for when they go off. Then just go about your business and eventually the free exp will roll in even if you're on the other side of continent at the time. I kill four or five sunders a day this way. Nobody seems to heed the advice to buy some mine guard.

Its always a good idea to use the above tip to place defensive anti personal mines around a sunder as well. Spawn at sunder swap to infiltrator or Engineer drop mines then swap back to whatever class you were playing. Will increase survival time on sunder a bit and maybe give some free exp. If you're trying to keep tech plant, amp station, bio lab capture point, generators clear of enemy and also have a spawn point very close to them then swapping to place mines then swapping back to another class is a good idea as well.

Hekotat

I think i'm going to try and tackle the Physx today with an ATi main card with Nvidia as backup. I hope this shit works.

Ninen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Ug, either I'm secretly downloading the entire internet in the background, or my server was taking a minor shit. Brought up nightmares of PS1 against people on dialup (un)intentionally abusing SOEs ZeroPing anti-lag algorithm all over again. Little lagging fuckers killing you long after you've gotten behind cover, etc.

Trying to decide of the GU03 patchnotes that are up mean a 2nd SMG is dropping, or if they're rolling that in.

Hinadurus_sl

shitlord
I looked up some comparison vids of the physx stuff.. Wow it looks awesome. Is anyone running it like that, or would it be wise to just wait until its official?

Finally got my last upgrade for medical applicator, gonna pick up some attachments for my gun then work on the nanite heal and my armor.

AlekseiFL_sl

shitlord
I looked up some comparison vids of the physx stuff.. Wow it looks awesome. Is anyone running it like that, or would it be wise to just wait until its official?

Finally got my last upgrade for medical applicator, gonna pick up some attachments for my gun then work on the nanite heal and my armor.
I am running physx bro, runs like butter.

Hekotat

I plan on fucking with it, but I fell asleep today haha. You need to try out the N11-S that gun fucking rocks, I think I like it more than the SABR-13.

Hinadurus_sl

shitlord
I enabled PhysX and while it did run I don't think my gtx460 is powerful enough to run it smoothly, especially in combat. The flare it adds to the game is really cool though. When I bought my gtx460 I did a lot of research on my pc and it was the largest most powerful card that would fit in my XPS. The case is mini ATX and the slot is on the very bottom of the motherboard so I just barely managed to squeeze that card in there. I plan on building my own next time with future upgrades in mind. This Dell was kind of an impulse buy and while it runs great and I haven't had any problems, I do regret not thinking ahead.

Hekotat

It's available to everyone.
I did not know this, that's awesome. (Keep in mind this is a mid/long range gun only. I get owned when using it for CQC)

I enabled PhysX and while it did run I don't think my gtx460 is powerful enough to run it smoothly, especially in combat. The flare it adds to the game is really cool though. When I bought my gtx460 I did a lot of research on my pc and it was the largest most powerful card that would fit in my XPS. The case is mini ATX and the slot is on the very bottom of the motherboard so I just barely managed to squeeze that card in there. I plan on building my own next time with future upgrades in mind. This Dell was kind of an impulse buy and while it runs great and I haven't had any problems, I do regret not thinking ahead.
With your next PC use 2 video cards, get a nice one for your graphics and use that GTX460 for the PhysX only.

Ninen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Well, with my current setup (GTX 670, 8 gigs ram) it crashs out or goes to desktop with a windows Low on Memory error after maybe 15 min of physx enabled.

So the new NC smg is even faster firing than the old one. God it's so easy to win cqc firefights when the other guy is flinch-locked.

Hekotat

Well, with my current setup (GTX 670, 8 gigs ram) it crashs out or goes to desktop with a windows Low on Memory error after maybe 15 min of physx enabled.

So the new NC smg is even faster firing than the old one. God it's so easy to win cqc firefights when the other guy is flinch-locked.
The new TR SMG is 1 bar less on firing speed (I think) with double the clip size, this pisses me off to no end.