Planetside 2

Siddar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Not sure on Striker it seems to be the one closest in effectiveness to existing launchers. Have trouble pinning down accurate numbers for a full salvos damage. When I tested in VR it seemed mediocre when I have Been hit by it in game it seems really high. I do like how lock on will give you targets range as compared to the other two factions weapons.

Phoenix gets better as you use it but it could have been great from the first shot but they pre nerfed it to much when you compare it to a engineers AV turret. It also has very high anti infantry damage that will most likely get nerfed. Range is limited and tanks really don't have a problem firing from beyond its range our retreating out of range if they are carful. Many terrain points where you could use a normal rocket launcher will simply be out of range. You cant fire from crown and hit tanks on magerider hill are from magerider hill into crown. You can fire from the tree on magerider hill and reach into crown though. We have a rocket launcher here that has the best long range guidance system in the game but also has the shortest range. It will also TK at the drop of a hat if anyone is even a bit in front of you. I killed as many people on my own team firing it as I did enemy infantry. Turn speed is just really bad far worse then it should have been.

Lancer they say has shotgun accuracy and fires three round at full charge some of the three shots seem to miss consistently because of spread at range. I fired a point blank three charge head shot into a combat dummy in VR and only did 50% damage to a infantry. But that maybe a issue with VR and not Lancer.

Overall there was a huge Buzz in community about these weapons and they failed to deliver a polished product that would have had players saying shut up and take my money.

Itzena_sl

shitlord
The Lancer (and possibly the other two) do reduced damage to infantry...mainly because giving heavies a plasma sniper rifle on top of all of their other toys would be a Bad Idea. Try it on vehicles.

Ninen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The Lancer (and possibly the other two) do reduced damage to infantry...mainly because giving heavies a plasma sniper rifle on top of all of their other toys would be a Bad Idea. Try it on vehicles.
I get where you're coming from, but you realize that the Warden Battle rifle is basically a semi auto sniper that anyone can use? 3 body shots, or 2 heads, if I remember correctly. Crazy bullet drop, but w/e you can learn to compensate for that. *And* you don't have drunken weapon sway like infiltrators do.

Siddar

Striker cant dumbfire so can't use it against infantry.

Phoenix seems to have the highest anti infantry damage of any launcher or atleast equal to the highest.

Lancer just sucks against infantry actually but like Phoenix having the worst range Lancer has the worst infantry damage when it should have been the best anti infantry launcher.

Lleauaric

Sparkletot Monger
I hate the idea of being able to use av weapons on infantry. Less OSK weaps, the better IMO.

Obviously though every infantry worth a shit is running with Flak armor anyway.

Helldiver

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Any of you guys know what I need to do to enable SLI? PS2 keeps crashing when I have SLI enabled in the NVidia control panel. Doesn't happen with any other games I play.

Works fine when I disable SLI though.

using dual GTX 670's and have the most recent 314.22 drivers.

Thought this game supported SLI, wtf?

Helldiver

Bronze Knight of the Realm
N/M, I figured it out. Seems I had to set Global settings to "Force Alternate Frame Rendering 2". I see the SLI overlay in all other games, but I don't see it in PS2 though. Meh...

Ninen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yes it's a TF2 comic, but god damn if it doesn't apply to PS2....

rrr_img_19282.jpg

rrr_img_19282.jpg

Sludig

Buzzfeed Editor
Was there a triple cash, or only double cash that somehow combined with the walmart cards for mad $$?

Ninen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Right now there's only a double cash, but you still get 40k off of a 15k Walmart card.

Siddar

Was there a triple cash, or only double cash that somehow combined with the walmart cards for mad $$?
Double SC is happening this weekend so you have still have Sunday to get in on it. Double exp as well.

They nerfed Phoenix infantry damage but boy was smacking infantry with them fun while lasted.

Only problem was it made other factions completely nerd rage and turn there hacks up to full power.

But today it seemed most of hackers were absent on Matherson for some reason. I wonder why?

Tearofsoul

Ancient MMO noob
Don't you guys think in PS2, the connections between maps to maps are lost? I mean look at Planetside, you unlock entrances of a map by capturing other maps/bases.

To me, this is one of the biggest let-down of the game. PS2 feel more like playing Battlefield Online...

You just droppad in, It lacks of a purpose to fight...

Itzena_sl

shitlord
They're bringing a version of the lattice system back. PS2 development makes more sense if you realise that theywere cretinsignored most of the PS1 mechanicsdeliberately and for no bloody reasonand then went back to the original after problems started cropping up and went "Oh, sothat'swhy they did that! Let's copy it wholesale!".

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
or they could just let you respawn in areas that actually need defending rather than the limited options you have now. Large groups will attract large groups if players can get there.

Nobody_sl

shitlord
They're bringing a version of the lattice system back. PS2 development makes more sense if you realise that theywere cretinsignored most of the PS1 mechanicsdeliberately and for no bloody reasonand then went back to the original after problems started cropping up and went "Oh, sothat'swhy they did that! Let's copy it wholesale!".
Better nate than lever...