Planetside 2

Excidium

Trakanon Raider
lmfao, I had turned off proximity chat for this reason but recently turned it back on for recruitment purposes and I'll be damned if that was the first thing I heard.

Just to be clear this will be on a TS3 channel that you will not be required to stay in, unless you're Brekk....
Ever since the Magrider nerf, Waterson's VS warpgate has been pretty devoid of retard children spamming proximity chat. Sadly Id take the 8% increase in population and the spam over being constantly outnumbered by both factions.

Ninen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Remember, When a proximity spammer is doing their fucktard thing, you can hit ENTER on your number pad to mute them without turning all of proximity off.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Lol did Mr Scorpion make it over from Jaeger jamming white snake and Stan Bush's you got the touch? That shit helped us hold the crown for days on end. Send tells to Tow Baconia hekotat. Im looking at places to live as we speak so im MIA for a few days more.

Cere go to waterson tr

We'll get you hooked up. Pm hekotat here if you are having problems getting a invite and he can personally invite you in.

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider
Lol did Mr Scorpion make it over from Jaeger jamming white snake and Stan Bush's you got the touch? That shit helped us hold the crown for days on end. Send tells to Tow Baconia hekotat. Im looking at places to live as we speak so im MIA for a few days more.

Cere go to waterson tr

We'll get you hooked up. Pm hekotat here if you are having problems getting a invite and he can personally invite you in.
I think Mr. Scorpion got banned. I haven't seen him on for weeks. =\

Siddar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
SoE has decided to destroy PS2 with a misgiuded change to quick deployment system.

If your reading this Smed tell them to undo that change or expect to lose at least a 25% of PS2 players over the next week are so.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
SoE has decided to destroy PS2 with a misgiuded change to quick deployment system.

If your reading this Smed tell them to undo that change or expect to lose at least a 25% of PS2 players over the next week are so.
Link? With the incoming Prowler nerf and Magrider buff I'm not looking forward to fighting VS at all.

Siddar

You now randomly deploy instead of deploying to area of your choice.

Not a big issue for outfits but for the solo players in game the change is terrible because it removes there ability to join large fights.

Hekotat

I could see that being good or bad, I"m thinking it might spread out the fights more.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Going to log on tonight and make a character on the US server and see what ping time is from Germany. Tired of playing solo on the Euro servers. Game is just not friendly to solos imo. I also suck at it.

Siddar

I could see that being good or bad, I"m thinking it might spread out the fights more.
It wont because random deploy is now a idiot button.

If you use it you'er a idiot and should expect one of the following outcomes to be thrown into a hopeless Tri Alloys defense, a hopeless Crown attack, a Tech Lab battle between the other two factions where you're the only member of your faction there, or be left in middle of Amerish in a empty zone.

Put simply non idiots wont ever use it.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Going to log on tonight and make a character on the US server and see what ping time is from Germany. Tired of playing solo on the Euro servers. Game is just not friendly to solos imo. I also suck at it.
lag was fine playing from kaiserslautern on US back when I played.

Ninen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Link? With the incoming Prowler nerf and Magrider buff I'm not looking forward to fighting VS at all.
The patch has already happened. The only Prowler vs Magrider bits are: Prowler takes marginally longer to reload, VS got *some* of their maneuverability back.

Prowler still rail guns when locked down, Magriders are still not allowed to just go every-damn-place, vehicle vs vehicle damage wasn't changed. Hell, all sides got a bit more "torque" to let them climb allowable slopes a tad faster.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
It wont because random deploy is now a idiot button.

If you use it you'er a idiot and should expect one of the following outcomes to be thrown into a hopeless Tri Alloys defense, a hopeless Crown attack, a Tech Lab battle between the other two factions where you're the only member of your faction there, or be left in middle of Amerish in a empty zone.

Put simply non idiots wont ever use it.
I hope they revert that and fix whatever the hell they did to 'press [insert] to join your squad mates!' *presses insert* *lands on the opposite end of the map, 3 hexes out of bounds, dies*

Itzena_sl

shitlord

You mean save PS2 with a much-needed nerf to the stupidly designed quick deployment system, of course. Want abigfight? Deploy to the warpgate and get in a fucking Bangbus or Galaxy.

Ninen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Note: there are as many or more 1/12 retard bangbus drivers who won't stop for passengers as their are potential passengers.

And why the fuck did they take the galaxy AMS cert away? the thing's fucking huge, not like you're going to be able to *maybe* hide it like a sundi.

As such the majority of times people pull galaxies anymore is retard flyboys who are on cooldown for everything else and want to try to scrape some exp, or the losing side trying to ram winner's lib's.

Siddar

You mean save PS2 with a much-needed nerf to the stupidly designed quick deployment system, of course. Want abigfight? Deploy to the warpgate and get in a fucking Bangbus or Galaxy.
Getting into a sunder at warp gate is not a good idea unless you like being farmed by planes. There simply aren't very many galaxies around to get into in the first place and the majority of those have restricted access. You're better off getting in a flash or a tank and heading out. Of course then there is the the fact that these changes will make large battles basically non existent because outfits will simply pile into areas and over run them before help can arrive from the warp gate.

The problem here is Dev's that made this change did not stop and ask the question of would they themselves ever use quick deployment after the changes were made? This is a clear case of designing something based on the idea that someoneotherthen themselves will be the ones that use it. That there wont in fact be anyothersthat use it hasn't set in yet.

This change is going into the history books as one of the stupidest changes ever inflicted on MMO and will do huge damage to PS2 unless changed.

Hekotat

The patch has already happened. The only Prowler vs Magrider bits are: Prowler takes marginally longer to reload, VS got *some* of their maneuverability back.

Prowler still rail guns when locked down, Magriders are still not allowed to just go every-damn-place, vehicle vs vehicle damage wasn't changed. Hell, all sides got a bit more "torque" to let them climb allowable slopes a tad faster.
Unless they changed it in the last week they are making the prowlers splash damage considerably smaller as well as it taking both shells to kill infantry.

Also, if you have 2+ magriders against a random pug zerg with no armor you are going to get waxed. They already dodge everything thrown at them and this is only going to make it worse. Their tanks are already almost unstoppable since the majority of people playing are idiots.

Ninen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
the patch notes state that vehicles take hardly any splash damage as is, so the splash reduction doesn't appreciably hurt your Magrider killing.

Um, yes, they dodge things, that's their perk. If you're still trying to use the very limited usability dumb-fire rockets under most conditions, you're going to have a bad time. Which is why every HA should have a lock-on launcher by now. Add the occasional jihadist mine bearing engineer, the "every engineer that can afford it" av-turret engineer, and the upcoming empire specific launchers, and you have A Lot of harassment.

And yes, it's only harassment; SOE's game plan clearly shows they expect 4-5 infantry to be required to take out armor in *most* circumstances. Even ignoring shitty, undefendable spawn rooms, cover-less kill zones everywhere, and the like; since it's far easier for 5 tanks to (even accidentally) work together than it is for 25 infantry, every faction's zerg is pretty fucked when enemy armor comes rolling in en-mass.