Planetside 2

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Oh I agree with everything you said and have lock on launchers but feel like I'm the only one doing any damage to the magriders. I've seen several 200 people zergs die to 1 or 2 magriders many times and it's frustrating as shit.

Siddar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Unless they changed it in the last week they are making the prowlers splash damage considerably smaller as well as it taking both shells to kill infantry.

Also, if you have 2+ magriders against a random pug zerg with no armor you are going to get waxed. They already dodge everything thrown at them and this is only going to make it worse. Their tanks are already almost unstoppable since the majority of people playing are idiots.
Prowler splash damage was cut to 700 per shot from 1000.

HE splash range was reduced for all MBT HE main guns from 11 to 8 meters.

Hekotat

Yeah, it's GU 04. Here's from the patch notes.

Prowler HEAT / HE rounds have had their damage reduced to no longer 1-shot kill infantry, killing a full health infantry will require both Prowler rounds to be fired. This does not affect vs. vehicle damage.
Edit: Movement improvements for the Magrider, bringing back some of it's glideyness, but not it's ability to climb every hill in the game.

Siddar

Nah, using instant action as a complete replacement for transport vehicles was retarded and needed to be fixed.
Explain how driving through completely empty territory to reach a fight is a improvement?

Explain how you can defend those empty territory's from attack without quick deploy?

Aren't you a SoE hater? That would explain your position on this.

Ninen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Oh I agree with everything you said and have lock on launchers but feel like I'm the only one doing any damage to the magriders. I've seen several 200 people zergs die to 1 or 2 magriders many times and it's frustrating as shit.
No one can fix stupid, not SOE, not you, not me. One thing that I've found incredibly helpful is using /re (when it's available (WHY THE FUCK ISN'T IT ALWAYS AVAILABLE?)) to call out what should be, but apparently aren't obvious targets.

"Sunderer East! Find it, kill it!" (hey retards, that stream of people is coming from *somewhere.* How about you go dam it up)
"reminder: quads can have 100 yr radar. Kill them, unless you like every sniper here to know where exactly you are."

Stuff like that.

Itzena_sl

shitlord
Explain how driving through completely empty territory to reach a fight is a improvement?

Explain how you can defend those empty territory's from attack without quick deploy?

Aren't you a SoE hater? That would explain your position on this.
With targetable hot-drops, what's the point of transport vehicles?

Ninen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Um, getting between point A and B the other 14 minutes out of every 15 that hot drops are on cool down?

Dropping all your troops where you want them, not scattered in a half mile radius around the easy to see and kill beacon?

You act like outfits were, every base, just dropping their entire force in, everyone landing on the same landing pad, and going to work. Yeh... No.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
My god, the AV turret is a fountain of exp. Light and heavy tanks are now worth so much to kill. If I manage to sneak behind a light tank, one shot gets it on fire.

You just have to find the sweet spot where vehicles still render but you dont for the snipers everywhere.

Just messing around while we held the crown, I was one shotting *infantry* with it, at TI alloys (the camp adjacent to the crown). Just have a button to bring mouse DPI to under 200, and aim at the bottom of the dorito chip (spam that spot key!). It was too funny.

Siddar

Killing things, providing a spawn point close to a area being attacked for the attacking force, plus many others as well.

Every vehicle in the game besides a Galaxy has more important uses then just being a transport.

Ninen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Go watch The Enclave videos on Youtube. That isexactlywhat they were doing.
I have and no, it's not. They abused it more than most, YES. But 4 times an hour *at most* really isn't jack shit on the whole of things. Most of their time is spent utilizing normal troop transports.

And, yes, it's very effective *WHEN* it's used as they do, so I can see some form of balance needed. But making it a roulette wheel with 80% SHIT results seems a bit much, AND hurts all those Average Joes that are actually the ones keeping the game afloat.

Another thing to keep in mind about Enclave: Throwing 100-200 organized players at an unsuspecting target wins all those same fights they won through drop-podding anyways, no matter how they have to get there. They could all Quad to it and the fight's would only be marginally longer. Sure they might not stop the cap, but they'd very easily recap.

Siddar

Go watch The Enclave videos on Youtube. That isexactlywhat they were doing.
I've been on receiving end of plenty of those TE zergs. Normally when 50-100 people attack a base all at once you will lose and it doesn't really matter how they do it with weather its Drop Pods are Flash's. I've also seem those zerg attacks by TE fail because enough new defenders drop podded in to counter there attack. When that happens they ether get mad and leave or turn on there aimbots for the win. Now after this change I doubt they will ever be stopped by defense again simply because attacker almost always will out number defenders by a huge margin. There will be no more holding down the fort in PS2 and waiting for more defenders to join the fight. Just large offensive sweeps that only meet any real defense once they get near to another factions warp gate. The end of most large battles that makse PS2 unique replaced by endless ghost capping of undefended or barely defended bases.

This change has done far more damage to defense then attack.

Defense in game is now non functional against a large attacking force of even a quarter of the size of your average TE Zerg.

TE also doesn't use instant action half as often as they use spawn beacons so the reality is they will keep doing the exact same things as they always have in spite of this change. They will soon be bored out of there mind once lack of any challenge caused by this change sets in.

Ninen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The in-game Physx toggle now works. Much shiny. Much eye-candy. Much that I'm pretty sure will get me killed as matte-toned enemies get obscured by eye-blinding glowy shit.

Wasn't in Alpha/Beta, so no info on how this stacks up with what was in place then.

Hekotat

I have an ATi card but I could tell shit looked much better today, thought it was nvidia only.

Lleauaric

Sparkletot Monger
Changes to the lattice system will make instant action obsolete anyway. Once bases are linked it gives fewer options about where to drop in. It will also make defense a bit easier as offensive movements will be much easier to predict and large forces will be funneled against each other. Ghost capping wont exist soon. Check the roadmap.. Lattice In a couple months

Not sure what the big whoop for casuals not having instant action is. Jump in a fucking ESF and wherever you want in 30 seconds.

Ninen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Lattice system has plenty of pros and cons, but....

People are touting the lattice system as a big boon for defense, yet I don't see it. Now instead of your defenders being scattered over 6-7 possible drop locations, they'll be scattered over 3-4. If 100% of the defenders FAILED to defend the last point, whether its 33% or 16% who show up at the next targeted location, the math still points to more failure.

I mean, yes, technically it's a boon, in the same way only getting a knuckleduster to the face is better than getting a tire iron. You're still losing teeth and the fight.

LennyLenard_sl

shitlord
Didn't they have a lattice system in PS1? Wasn't that often complained about? Is this an example of them not learning from past experiences?

Siddar

Lancer, Phoenix, and Striker faction specific rocket launchers released today.

Striker as bad as was expected. Lancer Phoenix far worse then expected.

SoE just blew a huge payday by releasing under powered weapons.

Smed it's time to start firing people if you want to save PS2.

Ninen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
To be fair, any coordinated 5 guys with lock-on launchers are going to just utterly destroy things. For all the hate for requiring the lock-on at least that means it's useful against airplanes (after you juke out the ever-present flares of course)

After spending some time with the phoenix, I'm unimpressed. Even ignoring the bugs, I'm not all that happy with it. I remember the PS1 'nix being big damage, but slow and maneuverable rocket. PS2's is a fast rocket, similar/same damage as the annihilator, with very weak controls. In probably 8 or 9 out of 10 situations, I'd rather just have the appropriate lock-on rocket instead.

They also gave it a ridiculously short range, which neutors even the auxiliary use as a spy drone.