Planetside 2

Excidium

Trakanon Raider
Expanding on my previous, anyone on Waterson TR side who can give any recommendations as to which Outfits are pretty solid and or which to avoid as I start shopping around?
I don't have too much experience with Waterson TR as I tend to just play with NUC in ops and fly outside of ops with friends.

ODAM - Stay away. This is the large zerg outfit on TR and they consist mainly of bad new players. Most ofmy deaths from teamtates outside of battles comes from ODAM.

I'd say check out Quiet Professionals (QPRO) or Imperial Reach (IR). I know we have some members who use to be from IR and I have never heard anybody say anything negative about them. Happy Penguin (LIBZ) is the casual outfit community we are starting for NUC. HP is where all the Liberator players on Waterson are from and lots of ESF pilots too. Being in HP has the benefit of palying with NUC on off nights during OPS. (TRAF) is a zerg guild that is 100x better than ODAM so that might be your best bet if you aren't a great FPS player.

The biggest benefit playing with the "HAVES" in PS2 is people can pull you fully loaded vehicles at whim. This way you can see the difference a fully loaded vehicle is like. This hooks people. It doubles up as an easier way to generate certs, which again lets you play with more toys in PS2.

Protip: First vehicle should be the Harasser. The thing is a beast and IMHO its the only viable competitive ground vehicle currently in the game. It can kill infantry and tanks equally, and its just down right FUN. The Harasser is what I was dreaming about when BUNGIE released the very first HALO trailer back in 1998 or 1999. If you pickup the harasser, use the Marauder or Vulcan. Ideally you want compostive armor MAXED, Surger frame (it really helps with sneaking/crawling into normally inaccessible areas), and afterburner (because its so fun).

If I'm in game, feel free to ask for a fully loaded harasser. Names Exc1d1umTR. Can also pull fully loaded ESFs (both scythes and mossies). I also pull Fully loaded Liberators for people, but since thats my primary gameplay style, I must make sure I have mine off cooldown when I'm in farm mode.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Hmmmm wondered why I already had an account. Must have done it months ago and forgot.
yeah they added it probably after you installed it.

Expanding on my previous, anyone on Waterson TR side who can give any recommendations as to which Outfits are pretty solid and or which to avoid as I start shopping around?
I know some of the outfits. The best TR outfit there is NUC.
I have friends in it but you are better off at this point asking Rob(trebb) or some of the old ARGO guys there who to join.

Odam lol well there is a reason everyone in our outfit screamed ODAM (meaning here comes free points)when they zerged a biolab and we defended. We got moved over there for the week to play in some MLG fight against NUC and TIW. We called em redcoats because they walked inside in a line like Napoleonic soldiers and well.....just join any other outfit.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
... I also pull Fully loaded Liberators for people, but since thats my primary gameplay style, I must make sure I have mine off cooldown when I'm in farm mode.
I was looking at your profile. Looking at your weapon sheet, I thought "Damn, how's he so high ranked with few infantry weapon kills?" THEN I see the Lib stats. Lol. I've done very little of that in game, but it looks fun as hell. Yell at me in game if you need a gunner (Trebb).

I'll echo the sentiments on the harasser too. With a vulcan, I run solo way more often than I should and it's still easy mode. Everytime I have a random gunner, they are TERRIBLE. I have radar, they ignore the little red dots. I ram a lightning from behind, I see my gun swivel around and shoot at a Lib 500m away, while the lightning finally figures out whats going on and eats us.

Jais

Trakanon Raider
Thanks for the feedback on Outfits guys, and I'll start droppoing points into the harasser.

xzi

Mouthbreather
I must say I haven't realized how many certs a max can get in an infantry battle. It's kinda ridiculous. Considering leveling up my anti infantry max, but I currently have the default machine gun for it (VS) and a burster so idunno. That's a lot of certs to dump.

Excidium

Trakanon Raider
Bought the marauder weap for harasser but only see 10 ammo instead of 15? did i buy the wrong weapon? XD
There is a Weapon cert line that adds ammo to the magazine. Increase it to 13 I think is the best bang for the buck. Also pickup thermal vision and get your ammo up. Nothing sucks more than finally getting into that techplant scoring 40 kills in 15mins only to be bone dry on ammo.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
What is the best mid-range VS Medic weapon? I've been using the NS-11 and doing pretty good but the recoil can be hell.

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I hate the laggy bullshit in the game. SO fucking tired of getting "desynched" or whatever the fuck is going on when all my hits simply stop registering from that point forward. And the thing is, I actually LIKE the game if not for this bullshit. I was even going to spend some cash on it since I play it enough to justify, but fuck that. Ain't getting a shiny nickle outta me till this bullshit is over with.

/rant off

Kharza-kzad_sl

shitlord
It gets really strange sometimes yea. Last night I was supergirl, got like 6 knife kills, blew up a couple max's with c4 and some great launched grenade kills in the first few minutes. Was like 18 and 2.

But usually it's the empty two full clips in someones back and they turn around and shoot me twice and I die. Or launch grenades into big piles of people and do no damage whatsoever. No idea what causes it.

It isn't really a lag thing. Like if you put a big usenet or torrent download on to induce lag and go into VR training you can see how it affects things. Out in the world vs real people the problems are different. It is like a batching / packet ordering problem.

Kharza-kzad_sl

shitlord
I get occasional lag but the shooting people a million times and they won't die thing is different. When things lag out it gets strange, people warp around or run in place and you fully expect to end up dead. Same with any game really.

But sometimes everyone is moving normally and reacting normally and everything looks fine, but you just shoot people over and over and over and they just don't take any damage. It isn't really better or worse in big crowds, just seems kind of random.

Also sometimes it seems to actually favor you. Where you wade in to like 5 or 6 people and just mow them all down and it's like all their shots miss you. Like the server processes a big chunk of your packets first.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I hate the laggy bullshit in the game. SO fucking tired of getting "desynched" or whatever the fuck is going on when all my hits simply stop registering from that point forward. And the thing is, I actually LIKE the game if not for this bullshit. I was even going to spend some cash on it since I play it enough to justify, but fuck that. Ain't getting a shiny nickle outta me till this bullshit is over with.

/rant off
this is most everyone's problem. Until they fix this all the whining about other shit (OMG Scatmax/Shotgun/zoe/Vanu/Fracture/TR not my faction is op) whining can be put on hold. Until then I could careless until they put out these optimization patches. I get 50-55 FPS in large fights and feel sometimes like I am trying to walk around snared by a druid or soulsand in minecraft.

I've had zero lag issues in this game since launch, maybe I'm lucky.
depends solely on your processor it seems. i3's seem to preform better for alot of people than pimped out i7s lol.

Excidium

Trakanon Raider
Game is officially dead in the water.

Today we announced a reduction in our workforce at SOE. As a company, our goal is to
focus on our core expertise of MMO games and as part of these efforts, we had to make
the difficult decision to eliminate positions to help reduce costs, streamline our
employee base and strategically align resources towards our current portfolio of games
and upcoming slate of MMOs, including EverQuest Next Landmark and EverQuest
Next. We deeply value our employees and are grateful for all they've contributed to our
company and games. They will be missed by colleagues and friends, and we wish them
well in the future.

Out of respect for our employees, we request that you do not discuss personnel matters on our forums. Thank you for your understanding.

https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/.../#post-2097909

GrizzlyCL

Lord Nagafen Raider
I started playing this recently and its pretty fun. The huge outdoor land battles with tanks and planes and people all running around getting shot are probably the best I've ever encountered in a game. However, when all those people get in one bio lab and run around the rendering is pretty ridiculous. Although I do enjoy throwing a rez grenade in a room that looks to have like 4 dead people when it actually has about 20. Cert city.