Planetside 2

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
I think I'm an average pilot until I fly into a stationary rock 2ft off the ground. Had a blast last night though.
Given what I have seen in passenger seats of liberators that seems pretty average pilot skill wise!

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
So you're saying you'll ride with me?
Haha I will ride with anybody I love gunning although half the pilots I jump in with wind up upside down crashing into the ground about 5 seconds after take off and I am pretty much one of them. Even with vr training I just can't seem to get the hang of flying in this game. But I am more than happy to man gunnery positions and I pack a repair tool.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
Haha I will ride with anybody I love gunning although half the pilots I jump in with wind up upside down crashing into the ground about 5 seconds after take off and I am pretty much one of them. Even with vr training I just can't seem to get the hang of flying in this game. But I am more than happy to man gunnery positions and I pack a repair tool.
I'm an average pilot, but one thing that kills me more than anything else, is really bad hitching at the worst time. I'll be flying through trees like a pro, then accidentally fly too near a bio-lab dome, and my computer goes from 60fps to hitching/freezing for a solid 1-3 seconds ;\ Meanwhile my plane is still moving on the server.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I'm an average pilot, but one thing that kills me more than anything else, is really bad hitching at the worst time. I'll be flying through trees like a pro, then accidentally fly too near a bio-lab dome, and my computer goes from 60fps to hitching/freezing for a solid 1-3 seconds ;\ Meanwhile my plane is still moving on the server.
i am curious what processor do you have?

Jais

Trakanon Raider
So should I dump 7k certs into max or MBT? Never really played either, and have no real idea on what to spend them on. Halp.

Edit: Terran Republic.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Haven't played in forever but last time I played, MAX were fun, especially since Terran tank was bleh. At the same time, you not only need certs for the MAX, you also need certs for like a bunch of weapons since the basic ones suck. Needed the AV and AA guns on both hands and then maybe the AI guns too, and then armor shit or whatever so it was quite costly, while tanks in general kinda work with the stock guns and shit and you just upgrade them later.

Opimo_sl

shitlord
Haven't played in forever but last time I played, MAX were fun, especially since Terran tank was bleh. At the same time, you not only need certs for the MAX, you also need certs for like a bunch of weapons since the basic ones suck. Needed the AV and AA guns on both hands and then maybe the AI guns too, and then armor shit or whatever so it was quite costly, while tanks in general kinda work with the stock guns and shit and you just upgrade them later.
Prowler is the best tank in the game, hands down. Or was until they nerfed lockdown projectile velocity.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
i am curious what processor do you have?
I won't get my computer back until next week (then done mooving =D ) but if I remember it's an older quad core, but OCd to 4 point...something.

Most of the time it runs like a dream, but hitches when it has to load a zerg in the bio-lab.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Prowler is the best tank in the game, hands down. Or was until they nerfed lockdown projectile velocity.
When I played it was considered the shittiest tank but yeah they buffed lockdown since I'm sure. Haven't played this in forever, everytime I look into the patches it's always people bitching about the patch ruining everything and yet it's been like over a year of patches ruining the game.

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
When I played it was considered the shittiest tank but yeah they buffed lockdown since I'm sure. Haven't played this in forever, everytime I look into the patches it's always people bitching about the patch ruining everything and yet it's been like over a year of patches ruining the game.
Sounds like every mmo i have played.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
The three main tanks are all pretty good. The prowler is probably the best pure offense but the vanguard seems to tend to win one on one duels because of its shield ability is overall a lot more useful than lock down is. The magrider is just a ninja and in the hands of a good pilot very impressive even though its armor is not near the other two and its weapon is similar to the vanguards damage wise. At long range being able to basically side step incoming fire is really pretty damn nice.

Opimo_sl

shitlord
The three main tanks are all pretty good. The prowler is probably the best pure offense but the vanguard seems to tend to win one on one duels because of its shield ability is overall a lot more useful than lock down is. The magrider is just a ninja and in the hands of a good pilot very impressive even though its armor is not near the other two and its weapon is similar to the vanguards damage wise. At long range being able to basically side step incoming fire is really pretty damn nice.
You have to play differently with the Prowler. You use it as a mobile siege weapon instead of a main battle tank. Its ability to sit at render distance and shred enemy armor at long range is what makes it really powerful. It's also really strong at point defense. You park around a corner locked down with HE loaded, and farm infantry all day. Full reload speed + max anchor makes for some pretty intense suppression.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yup the prowler is more of a semi mobile artillery piece more than it is a battle tank. The vanguard seems to be the best tank for normal tank situations and is useful in motion and in position shelling. Prowler sacrifices most of its mobility to be a really good stationary gun piece and the magrider gives up durability for increased mobility.

xzi

Mouthbreather
Just started playing again, is engi SMG still beastmode?

Also it appears most of my weapon and vehicle perks have been removed and I didn't get any certs back???

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Just started playing again, is engi SMG still beastmode?

Also it appears most of my weapon and vehicle perks have been removed and I didn't get any certs back???
I'm unsure about engi since I rarely play that class.

You should have gotten all your acquisition certs back and all the certs for laser sights and foregrips.

InterSlayer_sl

shitlord
Twitch

PS2 tourny @ SOE Live. Teams of 6, 1st place $6k

[email protected]/* <![CDATA[ */!function(t,e,r,n,c,a,p){try{t=document.currentScript||function(){for(t=document.getElementsByTagName('script'),e=t.length;e--;)if(t[e].getAttribute('data-cfhash'))return t[e]}();if(t&&(c=t.previousSibling)){p=t.parentNode;if(a=c.getAttribute('data-cfemail')){for(e='',r='0x'+a.substr(0,2)|0,n=2;a.length-n;n+=2)e+='%'+('0'+('0x'+a.substr(n,2)^r).toString(16)).slice(-2);p.replaceChild(document.createTextNode(decodeURIComponent(e)),c)}p.removeChild(t)}}catch(u){}}()/* ]]> */, i think from fcrw