Planetside 2

InterSlayer_sl

shitlord
That was fun to watch. Were any of our board folk in the tourneys?
It was pretty poorly run and I regret linking it at all. I stopped watching when they restarted halfway through the first match. Apparently there were also rule change shenanigans. They seem to consistently have AV issues. Higby/Trammel were raging during their keynote since they seem to routinely have audio problems during their livestreams, SOE Live or otherwise (that i can remember).

This was 10x more enjoyable to watch, a1.5hr chat with Higby via AngryJoe.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
If FCRW was playing I'm sure Regime was a part of that shit. I guess we will find out when he gets back.

xzi

Mouthbreather
I'm kind of surprsed they haven't added bigass mechs though. That seems to always be the next step in "futuristic" games. I wouldn't mind it that's for sure. I doubt we'll ever see it though, the terrain is too rough most of the time.

Sneaky

Lord Nagafen Raider
Can someone tell me how Sunderer-Squadspawning works?

More specificly - does it work while I sit in the gunner position? Or do I have to sit in the driver position for it to be available as spawnpoint for squaddies while not deployed?

Remmy

Golden Knight of the Realm

More specificly - does it work while I sit in the gunner position? Or do I have to sit in the driver position for it to be available as spawnpoint for squaddies while not deployed?
http://wiki.planetside-universe.com/...Station_(S-AMS)

Essentially buy the upgrade. Park somewhere that isn't near another deployed sunderer. Hit B or whatever it's set to in your keybindings. Then it will deploy. People spawn on the sides, not in the vehicle. When deployed you can still use the gunner positions as much as you want.

InterSlayer_sl

shitlord

When you get the AMS Cert, when deployed it is a spawn point for your whole faction.

For squad spawning, as long as a squad member is inside the vehicle it will allow other squaddies to spawn inside. This also works while the sunderer is moving.

Sneaky

Lord Nagafen Raider
Thanks, to both of you. What InterSlayer mentioned was what I was looking for though ( ; That squaddies can spawn in the sunderer while not deployed, as long as I am in -some position- in it, not just on the driver seat.

There are some things that are not explained at all in game and a difficult to figure out, unless you happened to read the chatlog on the day it was changed and still remember it months later!

Jais

Trakanon Raider
Update: I ended up blowing all my certs on Prowler and it is indeed fun as shit. I may swap from auto repair jazz and into front armor or something though. By the time auto repair kicks on, I'm already repairing it myself. Also maxed the "non fast moving" cert line and am questioning that call. Also picking secondary weapons blow cause just as soon as you swap to another, up comes a situation where the former would have been perfect.

Hekotat

http://wiki.planetside-universe.com/...Station_(S-AMS)

Essentially buy the upgrade. Park somewhere that isn't near another deployed sunderer. Hit B or whatever it's set to in your keybindings. Then it will deploy. People spawn on the sides, not in the vehicle. When deployed you can still use the gunner positions as much as you want.
I believe they removed the upgrade requirement and all sundies can be deployed now as default.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
... Also picking secondary weapons blow cause just as soon as you swap to another, up comes a situation where the former would have been perfect.
I've got the same issue with primary though too. (AP vs HE) I spawn a tank with HE to blow up some spawn doors and farm noobs, but then up comes a Vanguard to fight and I am fucked.

The other night, while drunk, I fucked up and maxed all my "high speed racer chassis" certs on my Lightning when I thought I was tweaking my Prowler certs. *sigh*

I've also started playing light assault a lot more and having an absolute blast with it. Jet packing your way onto unknowing noobs is the best thing ever. Our outfit also has a killer strat of spawning 6-10 light assaults at once and co-ordinate a jet pack squad to drop C4 onto enemy Sunderers hidden over hill terrain. Drops the Sundy in seconds flat and cripples the opposing assault.

Ninen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I've got the same issue with primary though too. (AP vs HE) I spawn a tank with HE to blow up some spawn doors and farm noobs, but then up comes a Vanguard to fight and I am fucked.

The other night, while drunk, I fucked up and maxed all my "high speed racer chassis" certs on my Lightning when I thought I was tweaking my Prowler certs. *sigh*

I've also started playing light assault a lot more and having an absolute blast with it. Jet packing your way onto unknowing noobs is the best thing ever. Our outfit also has a killer strat of spawning 6-10 light assaults at once and co-ordinate a jet pack squad to drop C4 onto enemy Sunderers hidden over hill terrain. Drops the Sundy in seconds flat and cripples the opposing assault.
Shame it takes anywhere from 3 to 5+ C4 to blow a sundi, where a jihading engi can do it in 2 mines and a grenade or a couple rounds to set them off.

The cloaked quadbomb is also a great tactic, even if it also relies on C4.

Hekotat

I miss the days of being able to take out a sundy on my own as a LA.
I do as well but it's an understandable change. Especially in a good 10 vs 10 or lower that are fun fights and some asshole fucks it up.

EDIT: WTF is Regime!? Still in jail?

InterSlayer_sl

shitlord
Shame it takes anywhere from 3 to 5+ C4 to blow a sundi, where a jihading engi can do it in 2 mines and a grenade or a couple rounds to set them off.

The cloaked quadbomb is also a great tactic, even if it also relies on C4.
The new Deployment Shield makes it almost impossible to solo destroy a deployed Sunderer, its awful.