Planetside 2

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
Right, I said that originally. So shouldn't the average be slightly less than 1? It must be the median; that I would believe.
In theory, if you averaged everyone on a server, it should be 1. Newbies usually die 2-3 times before getting kill credit, or maybe they just get assists who knows. Vehicle shitters and Bail Assaults (people who redeploy out of their plane before it explodes) are much much higher.

My NC Alt is sitting at 3.11 K/D, but that's because I specifically rerolled just to camp my TR friends with a shotgun on a plane. And I genuinely don't care about my K/D ratio, hence I go down with my plane :p

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I've been playing my alts more than my main. Pick the server and I shall join thou.

Hekotat

How many people do you need to start an outfit? Operation Swamp Donkey Tranny Patrol or[OBGYN] will need a raid force to stop it.

Hekotat

Anyone can start an outfit on the PC version without anyone else needed. Not sure on the PS4.
Exquisite, secondly I nominate Opimo to be our "bait", I will revive him over and over from behind cover without shooting back while you guys flank the plebs.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
I'm getting the feel for the game now. Had a rough start with deaths trying to take objectives, rushing in with the group and figuring out how everything works. The game really could use a tutorial of some sort and some portions of it are not super intuitive even if its relatively simple once you know how it works.

One frustrating thing is enemies not popping up on screen in large fights. Had quite a few deaths to that. I'm going infiltrator now though so its not nearly the issue it was when trying to be in the heat of things but that is something they really need to fix ASAP. I mostly avoid large defense fights now because its a major problem when there are lots of people in one place on the PS4.

I got wrecked by some infiltrator guy with the store bought SMG and a stalker cloak. That seems OP as fuck to be able to sit more or less invisible all the time and not really sacrifice much in the way of short range fire power. Sure, you lose your primary sniper rifle but that shit brings me back to DAOC stealth ganks. I'll check that out when they release the weapons for certs in a week.

Anyway, the game is a lot of fun. I wish I hadn't accidentally moved off the noob island within 5 seconds of spawning in as I had no idea wtf I was doing. I was just looking for fights and they happened to be on the main area. Overall I'm surprised at how much fun I'm having its a great game to dabble in and I imagine some people in a small squad could do some amazing things against the zerg.

Cool game.

kaxfenix

N00b
I haven't played much since 2013 .. When the TR Striker Rocket Launcher was OP with a Striker Squad.
Got a TR on Connery but willing t reroll and play again if a outfit is being started

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
I'm a huge PS2 newb -- I got to BR16 a few years ago. Just re-downloaded it, messing around a bit. I'd be down to meet up and play with you vets, assuming your playstyle is conducive to leading a newbie around. Just tell me what to do.

Hekotat

I'm logging on now, hit me up on Steam (Not using the steam client due to FPS issues) and we will coordinate.

I'm thinking NC or TR, any server.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
There's FPS issues with the steam client? Even if you disable the steam overlay?

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
LOL, The Airhammer has gotten me more Hackusations in a few hours of use, than my entire 2 year span as a TR.

rrr_img_101585.png

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I was talking to Hate and some others and didn't want people blindly spending certs or cash on guns.

I would recommend the SMG as you could also use it on your other NC/VS/TR classes. My preferred is the Cyclone, Sirius, and Armistice but they're all great.
NS weapons rule because if you buy it no matter what faction you play on you can use it. I like Nico 1x with foregrip and High velocity ammo for mid range with NS-15 for HA.

Here are the basics with foregrip and laser options. You can decide what you like.

Pistol: NS-44 Commissioner with laser.

Overall Best HA:
Anchor NC LMG (foregrip red dot and Soft point ammo if tower/bio)
MSW-R TR LMG ( advanced laser red dot or foregrip red dot)
Orion LMG (Foregrip red dot)

Overall Medic:

Reaper DMR NC ( foregrip 1x or 2x) gun is a beast
H-V45 VA (Foregrip 1x red dot)
Cycler TRV or Tar (foregrip or laser with 1x red dot )

eng and LA can share guns so keep that in mind and they're all pretty solid.
Infil: Any SMG can be disgusting.
Shotguns of course can be devastating and it really doesn't matter which one you pick.