PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
They need to remove the outer 25% of the new map and it would be better.

I hate landing at one end and the circle being at the other, then as soon as I enter the circle I get destroyed by a group camping the roads.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I like Pochinki quite a bit. Solo I drop the fuck out of Hacienda.

Duo I tend to drop places like Power Grid, Gatka, Factory. Places where you have that early fight, but there is play to it. Squads it just depends on who I play with, but most of the time I'm playing with some people who can't shoot and have low attention span.

gauze

Molten Core Raider
They need to remove the outer 25% of the new map and it would be better.

I hate landing at one end and the circle being at the other, then as soon as I enter the circle I get destroyed by a group camping the roads.

I don't know if it's what you're doing, but don't be afraid of driving off road. The Canadian group I play with exclusively drives on the road, through cities and so on. Personally it's annoying, boring and yeah that happens.

There are rough spots to drive through but I mean, once you get the swing it's a blast to drive around. I use to flip a lot in the beginning but I've been getting better at establishing where and what would do it... Now I only really flip coming down hill going past the normal speeds of the vehicle.. or if I'm in the vw. That thing just rolls for days.

Ronaan

Molten Core Raider
Hi guys what's up in here!

Do you play this with mouse/kb like a regular shooter or does it require a gamepad?

Point me at a few fun streams to watch while I pretend to work?

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
My strat is usually if airplane isn’t going near military base on desert map, I land in a “close” spot that will have a high chance of a car, turbo boost to military, and loot the shit out of the warehouses. 90% of the time I see no one and half the time I’m set on loot for the game and can focus on circle positioning and kills.

Hekotat

Hi guys what's up in here!

Do you play this with mouse/kb like a regular shooter or does it require a gamepad?

Point me at a few fun streams to watch while I pretend to work?

Watch Shroud for insane gameplay and Dr Disrespect for entertainment value.

Hekotat

Ambient sound is now glorious. My ears are thankful, I can hear things

Yeah, footsteps are amazing now. I can hear what's going on. Really helps when fighting CQC.

I want 130 people per server now after seeing that vid, seems to be stable. It would help with mid game I think. I bet school/Pecado/Hacienda would be a madhouse.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I had 10+ drop at shooting range last night, it was great. I got the First Blood achievement, 3 kills with a pistol and won shooting range.

Ronaan

Molten Core Raider
Watch Shroud for insane gameplay and Dr Disrespect for entertainment value.
Thanks, stumbled into Dr Disrespects channel yesterday and watched for a while.

I bought and downloaded the game last night but after one hour I remembered why I don't play games like this.

I suck at them.

I'm also the guy with the white boxers and nothing else, standing in the middle of the field looking at his inventory who then gets headshot so maybe it's my fault entirely.

edit: I refunded via Steam last night but now I watched some more streams and want to buy it again.
Steam trophies page says ~25% of players have ever killed another player. So it's not like I'm the only bad!

Last edited:
  • 1Worf

Hekotat

I bought and downloaded the game last night but after one hour I remembered why I don't play games like this.

I suck at them.

I'm also the guy with the white boxers and nothing else, standing in the middle of the field looking at his inventory who then gets headshot so maybe it's my fault entirely.

edit: I refunded via Steam last night but now I watched some more streams and want to buy it again.
Steam trophies page says ~25% of players have ever killed another player. So it's not like I'm the only bad!

You're going to get your ass kicked in this game for awhile, I'm pretty good at FPS games and it took me a solid month to get a kill when I started playing. When performance was shit I would go days without a kill, finally able to smoke people again.

Edit: You're also at the disadvantage of playing against people that have been going at it for a year.

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity

Ronaan

Molten Core Raider
You're going to get your ass kicked in this game for awhile, I'm pretty good at FPS games and it took me a solid month to get a kill when I started playing. When performance was shit I would go days without a kill, finally able to smoke people again.
Yeah I just bought it again... giving it another shot.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Pyratec

Golden Knight of the Realm

I suck at them.

Yeah, it takes a few hours to get competent at this game, especially because how you learn is by getting into fights and you invariably lose those at the beginning. I´m also old and slow and bad at this game (I have like a 0.4 K:D ratio) but I dont think I got a kill in my first 20 games or so.

You can also make it pretty far into games by not fighting people. You may find this boring but I got my first win by just hiding until there were 3 others left then got lucky and managed to kill 2 of them after one died to one of the two that I killed. Stick with it, it just takes some time to get decent at the game.

I would also recommend finding some cool people to play with. I find the game a lot more fun when rolling in a duo or group of solid people than I do alone.

Hekotat

Solos are not fun to me at all, Duos are my favorite but we always have a solid group to play with.

Having a group of people to play with that you coordinate well with can net you a lot of kills when you bait people or flank/crossfire teams.

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Best advice: you aren’t Shroud or Doc. While you can learn things from them, it’s also important to understand much of what they do (Shroud especially) works because they are good.

If you are new to the game, worry about understanding the map, mechanics, and basic strategy first. It doesn’t matter if you’re god of fps, not mastering those first parts will result in not winning much. You can brute force to a degree, but understanding where players are and how to position yourself to maximize your survivability is key IMO.

For instance, the plane drop. You learn really quickly what spots are super popular. Use that to your advantage: don’t drop there when new, but also understand that based on circle placement you can predict what section of the circle is going to have the highest density of players (and thus threats to you)

• 1Solidarity

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>

I suck at them.

I'm also the guy with the white boxers and nothing else, standing in the middle of the field looking at his inventory who then gets head shot so maybe it's my fault entirely.

This game will make you feel bad about your skills. Don't take it personally, its just a very different game if you've played normal FPS's. It's much more of a mil-sim type game.

FPS accuracy still helps, but tactics are MUCH more important. One of the first things to learn is when to engage people, and when to let them go on their own path. I have ended many games in the top 10 with 0-3 kills, you don't need to be Rambo. Often times even if you get that kill you're giving away your position to other people around you.

Get used to tab looting. Run over gear, hit tab, right click what you want to grab. It's far easier to see whats on the ground and it will include info on what attachments go on what guns.

Backpacks and Vests are the only things that affect storage space. Vests and Helmets are the only items that add armor on top of your health.

There are numerous medical supplies. Bandages restore a small amount of health over a few ticks. DO NOT USE THEM BACK TO BACK. After using a bandage count to 5 then use the next for maximum efficiency. Bandages cannot heal you past 75%, similarly first Aid kits will instant heal you to 75%. Medical Kits (RARE) will heal you to 100%.

Energy Drinks and PainKillers are heal overtimes they can heal you all the way to 100%. You can stack a few of them for improved effects. There is a yellow a bar that will turn yellow above your health bar that will illustrate this. The levels of heal over time are; Slow HoT -> Faster HoT -> Faster HoT + Run Speed -> Faster HoT + Faster Run Speed. An energy drink fills 40%, a painkiller fills 60%. These are super important if you're caught outside of early circles as they will boost run speed and partially counter the damage over time of the circle.

• 1Like

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Oh ya, don’t take off that belt you start with. It’s actually 40 storage and what let’s you pickup stuff until you get a vest or backpack.

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
Bandages were fixed to not need the pause anymore. They now show how much they're healing while you're applying them and the new one adds onto the old one instead of overwriting it. Spam them now.