• further character customisation
  • parachute and weapon skins
  • limb and vehicle bullet penetration
  • overhauling our entire TPP and FPP animation systems
  • overhaul for the parachuting system
  • improve our armed and unarmed melee combat
  • general improvements to Stability, Optimization, Security
  • increase the detail of vehicle sounds
  • improved surface sounds for different weather conditions (including rain)
  • differing gun sounds based on perspective (FPP/TPP)
  • change the sound that the player produces while moving
  • introduce different breathing sounds
  • improvements to the Esports scene
  • improvements to live 3D replay system
  • Play Data API
  • Custom Game System
  • PUBG Developer Portal
  • PUBG Developer API
A condensed list for tl;dr, contains all the headline stuff.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Looks like they are focusing on a bunch of retarded shit.

EDIT: No mention of normalized sounds, I wonder if they'll ever be sued for causing people to go deaf.

Performance and optimization should be at teh fucking top.

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
2018-03-08.png

cunRjPw.jpg

Hekotat

I thought that was confirmed as a smear campaign, and/or over reacting.

It was debunked w/ people using DdB graphs and comparing it to actual dangerous decibels.. no?

I have to mute my game in a red zone it's so loud, so I call bullshit.

Cybsled

That 4x4 map is tiny. It is interesting how much of this appears to be in response to Fortnite, though.

Someone brought up a good point that if emotes bring you into 3rd person, then they can be used to cheat in 1st person by emoting around a corner and using that to get 3rd person intel.

Fadaar

That guy
Keep that faggoty shit out of PUBG. Take whatever's already there and add more maps and improve performance.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Molten Core Raider
It is interesting how much of this appears to be in response to Fortnite, though.

I thought that very thing when i saw "parachute customization". No one in PUBG is looking at their parachute, they're looking at how many parachutes are nearby. When those customizations go in, voice chat call outs when landing will be "two dragons, one Mary Poppins, and a Ninja Turtle coming in to the north".

I really hope it's just colors and patterns for that sorta nonsense, but who knows...

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Will probably be more like "Two kanas, one kizuna, and a shimakaze" if my time in vrchat has taught me anything

Hekotat

That 4x4 map is tiny. It is interesting how much of this appears to be in response to Fortnite, though.

Someone brought up a good point that if emotes bring you into 3rd person, then they can be used to cheat in 1st person by emoting around a corner and using that to get 3rd person intel.

The fact that emotes are at the top of the list and performance/optimization is at the bottom shows how retarded this company is.

FUCKING EMOTES TOP PRIORITY!!!!

I went from 140fps before server maintenance to 40-60fps. They can't go one week without fucking something up.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Someone posted this on reddit, ChocoTaco also commenting on how much better sound is. Amusing that this isn't in the patch notes, because this is shit people have really been asking for.

After playing 6 matches on the test server, here are a couple things that stood out to me as major leaps forward in regard to audio design.

Doppler Shift: This phenomena is something we are all familiar with in reality. It's what happens when an emergency vehicle siren appears to change pitch as it approaches and then passes you. This is most noticeable now with the airplane flying overhead, however it seems like a less intense version of this effect is also present with other vehicle sounds.
Massively Improved 3D Audio: Positional audio has been all over the place in the past. Consider the days of frustrating 3D audio over. The sound stage is much larger, and appears to have very fine detail in regard to where sounds are coming from. It didn't occur to me until after my 3rd or 4th match that the panic of not knowing where a sound was originating from was gone. It's very natural sounding now, and likely helped in part by the next point
Reworked Ambient Sound Mix: Not once did I hear any of the background footstep or vehicle noises that plagued the previous mix. In addition to this, the natural sounds such as wind and rustling leaves/fields are much lighter and faint, rather than muffled and intrusive. This helps a ton with the overall quality of the audio mix in general.
Combat Audio: Many of us have probably tried to understand locating shots better at some point during our time playing PUBG. It can be tricky and confusing at first; trying to hear the impact and then the crack of the shot afterwards. Not anymore. Because of the combination of all the previous changes and improvements, there is now a very distinguishable, precise, way to locate the origin of enemy fire. This is something that requires playing the test build to fully grasp it, but you'll hear the difference immediately the first time you get into a distance engagement.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

gauze

Molten Core Raider
The fact that emotes are at the top of the list and performance/optimization is at the bottom shows how retarded this company is.

FUCKING EMOTES TOP PRIORITY!!!!

I went from 140fps before server maintenance to 40-60fps. They can't go one week without fucking something up.

Edit: nvm original statement is wrong

Keypoints your list isn't fully in order is some of the things being pushed now is like 10+ down the list.

Buut point still similar is that it's not highlighted in away that it is prioritizing emotes and such over the other like optimization. It's umbrellad by headers. I'm sure optimization is a go by basis because everytime you are adding something new you're going to have to adjust to fit, no? Just assuming here. /Shrug

PUBG 2018 Roadmap

Last edited:

Hekotat

My point is they should spend more time on the test server before being deployed to live. Oh shit, this patch causes the game to hiccup and run like total ass. Also, people are dying when vaulting over objects. Maybe we should give it a few more weeks before pushing it to live to iron this out.

These radical patches with little to no testing other than internally is doing the game more harm than good. Sure there will be some flukes where they have to hot patch something but rarely is it something that will run off a good portion of your playerbase. Nothing is more rage inducing then not being able to fight back because your frames drop to 1 when you try to ADS.

Not making fluid, optimized gameplay your top priority makes me wonder about the future of this game. I'll eventually get fed up when more options present themselves, hell my core group almost quit after the 1.0 patch due to how horribly un-fun the game was to play.

They have a solid title on their hands, but they need to re-shuffle their priorities or they're going to get their asses handed to them. They definitely need to get someone that just addresses the issues that have been complained about for about a year. Remaining silent on issues such as being able select maps, menu issues, bp issues is going to eventually really piss people off. We've seen tons of game companies get ran into the ground the last decade for these same types of mistakes, it's amazing to me that companies keep falling into the same traps.

gauze

Molten Core Raider
I mean that's what it sounds like they're doing now. Maybe I read it wrong but it sounds like the 4x4 map will be on test for some time for feed back, same with the limb pen and so on. Everything up to 1.0 was just to get it to be a game, everything after is to get it to be a better game.

It is unfortunate things break and something's are minut and isolated for it to be fixed with such ease.. and/or reverting it back to test. I've never once vaulted and died unless vaulting into someone. I don't doubt that you or many other have either. Some of the bugs/fixes in the past of other games were fixed because people in the community submitted video on replicating the bug to help fix it; I haven't seen that with pubg.. atleast yet. I just see haha funny and they move on.

Outside of pre 1.0, I can't speak for everyone but my fps was stable 120-140 up until like Sunday or Monday when my fps started regularing the 60s which a post on Reddit popped up regarding it.

Nothing in the road map really states that optimization isn't prioritized above or below.. and from the above post regarding sound, it seems it's quite parallel. They just have all the gears turning, and not making animation artist become a sound engineer.

It's essentially trying to keep everyone happy by supplying balance between content and optimization. Granted your happiness is obviously fluidity and smooth gameplay amongst many other, but there is probably the same if not more that also cry new maps new guns, fix this fix that. Like that wonderwoman shit, I though all the streamers were leaning to head displace but in actually they're bullet sponging.. go from questionably optimisitic to immediately become stoked for limb pen

For me? I dream the day they fix the parachute. I haven't had an issue because I know how to avoid most the problems. I believe that they should add a command cut, even if it results in falling to your death on will. It'd literally fix 90% of the current shoot problems, other 10% would be the gliding on objects.

Last edited:

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Seeing ads for H1Z1 being f2p, not sure if it's their royale or just vehicle battle royale? Worth installing or gayer than fortnite?

Hekotat

Sound is really nice on test server, can actually tell where sounds are coming from, especially foot steps.

Zoom optics are really nice.

Other than laughing the first few seconds, emotes are worthless and we didn't use them.