PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
A location pip for damage is hard to code ok?

The network code or servers is pretty sad though. Picking up items with other players near you = kick puppies. And the movement prediction seems to be set to 0 as player models skip frames as they move around.

GeneralF

Golden Knight of the Realm
Finished second place today for the first time with my potato-level skills. What a rush this game is. I see streamers chilling while playing it but as soon as I touch the ground the adrenaline kicks in hard.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Is it me or is it extremely hard to figure out where you are getting shot from or where the killer was?

There's a snapping sound when bullets pass through the sound barriers, and that can disguise the sound of the actual shot. Suppressors help alot with creating that confusion, though the game makes the snap more of a movie style zing. Arma did it a little better.

I think Bike did pubg games today and I slept through it :(

Vimeseh

Trakanon Raider
There are a lot of variables that can disguise shot direction in this game. I've actually found the most reliable way to tell where the shots are coming from is impact points if they miss a shot or two. They actually puff in the opposite direction of the shot.

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
While messing with steam cards, noticed it appears the clothing in this game is steam tradable. Wonder how much $$$ jackets and stuff are going for in the marketplace.

Looks like around a buck for the crap jackets.

Vimeseh

Trakanon Raider
most in the five to seven dollar range for the good jackets. The horrible for camo player unkown jacket goes for like 80 or something.

edit: You may want to hold on to the white gear because a snow map is supposedly on the dev list.

xzi

Mouthbreather
Did you guys know that pans (melee weapon) straight up block bullets? lol

definitely saved my life today getting shot in the ass

Xevy

Log Wizard
Was just goofin' and trying to test the SKS's drop at range. I still don't know what it is. Sad thing is, that dude was definitely revived.

• 1Like

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
SKS is also bugged so you're more likely to get fucked with shots that should have landed that didn't.

• 1Like

Ryoz

<Donor>
That's probably the biggest challenge for me in this game, trying to figure out where someone is shooting me from. I wish there was a death cam sometimes so I could see if it was some asshole hiding in a bush or sniping me with a 8x from a bldg far away. The good streamers/players seem to have uncanny awareness of where they are being shot from and where someone might hide, but they all have a ridiculous amount of time in these kind of games. I'm pretty new, so I just assume there's going to be a steep learning curve.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I went back to overwatch for a game, and it made me realize how blurry / swimmy / muddy pubg feels.

Hekotat

Reshade fixes the blurryness and other things if you want them. I don't need super shiny graphics, just fun game play.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
The thing about this game that I love is that its a different game every time, depending on pick ups, early circle, early game, mid game, and late game and late circles if you ever get there. Its also why its such a good twitch stream game and so popular. No game is the same.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I have the same problem with seeing people at range. I was wondering if big 4k monitors help? I'm on a crappy cheap 1080

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I have the same problem with seeing people at range. I was wondering if big 4k monitors help? I'm on a crappy cheap 1080

I think you just have to develop that FPS gaming eye thing, the noticing small little movement. It also depends on how old you are. Shit like that degrades over time.

Hekotat

Reshade helped me at seeing people at range, ymmv.

I still have issues seeing people with level 3 helmets poking their head over a hill.

Xevy

Log Wizard
I downloaded a program called VibranceGUI which tunes digital vibrance for your NVIDIA GPU PER application. This helps tremendously contrasting people with terrain. If you've ever watched some of the ol' H1 pros like Inboxes or even Doc, they all have their digital vibrance set way high. It makes everything super glowy and bright and contrasts colors way better. Yesterday teammate saw a guy in a bush with a ghillie suit 100% because he had just turned his vibrance up. The greens weren't quite the same so one color went to yellow basically and the other went to green and he caught the difference. If you aren't a single monitor pleb like myself you can also just use NVIDIA control panel and set a monitor's digital vibrance way up always.