PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds

Xevy

Log Wizard
It's literally your GPU's graphic settings. It's not cheating. That's like saying turning shadows low is cheating or using a 144hz monitor is cheating. Literally everyone can do it. Even AMD cards have something equivalent. There is a program called Reshade that people use to tune graphics which basically puts instagram filters over your games, that's more dubious to me, but once again, it's just changing your GPU and displays settings, not altering the game's setting.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The thing that pisses me off about this game is the 3rd person. Because of how camera angles work it makes pushing into somebody's position the most disadvantageous thing you can possibly do. It literally is a fucking camp fest when it comes to the final circles with peak-a-boo games.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
The thing that pisses me off about this game is the 3rd person. Because of how camera angles work it makes pushing into somebody's position the most disadvantageous thing you can possibly do. It literally is a fucking camp fest when it comes to the final circles with peak-a-boo games.

Yeah I'm excited for first person only.

• 4Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Vimeseh

Trakanon Raider
I'll be playing on the first person serves when they become available. I think if you want information on your surroundings then you need to be in a position to be seen as well. I do see the argument for third person though since that is how this game's predecessors played.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Xevy

Log Wizard
I started H1 as first person when it was just a survival. Literally probably 300+ hours of first person only. That said, I think this will completely change the game for most people. Everyone thinks it'll be great for terrain battles because people can't 3rd look around, but what they don't realize is this makes houses 10000% worse. Second floor campers will always get the jump on people entering now.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I started H1 as first person when it was just a survival. Literally probably 300+ hours of first person only. That said, I think this will completely change the game for most people. Everyone thinks it'll be great for terrain battles because people can't 3rd look around, but what they don't realize is this makes houses 10000% worse. Second floor campers will always get the jump on people entering now.

It's actually a 50/50 mixup. If the person pushing in looks the wrong way, left instead of right, they are fucked. However, if they guess right, they technically have the advantage, reaction time being equal on both accounts, the person pushing knows when the push is coming.

Xevy

Log Wizard
If you're in the white circle, and the blue is closing all the east, you're going to be staring east, and the guy running FROM the east is dead. He's spotted and dead. That's how it'll go. It'll make end game circle RNG a billion times more annoying.

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
First person is I think ass in these kinds of games. Actually force yourself to do it. Way too many areas where you get utterly screwed by wierd perspectives with tree tops and hills etc. Not to mention helps the advantage campers/snipers have.

Generally to do well you still need to transition to iron sites to do well except very point blank.

If everyone has 3rd, everyone is on the same footing, it's not some magical advantage only certain people have.

RIght now I hate that there isn't a slower silent sneak for when you are trying to get the drop on a camper etc.

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
It's actually a 50/50 mixup. If the person pushing in looks the wrong way, left instead of right, they are fucked. However, if they guess right, they technically have the advantage, reaction time being equal on both accounts, the person pushing knows when the push is coming.
I dont think you are getting what he's saying. If you do it right, you can scan the floor above without exposing yourself.....

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
If you're in the white circle, and the blue is closing all the east, you're going to be staring east, and the guy running FROM the east is dead. He's spotted and dead. That's how it'll go. It'll make end game circle RNG a billion times more annoying.

I don't understand this. In 3rd person you are already looking east but from behind a rock or a tree or a dip or whatever. You don't have to expose yourself to see the person running up either.

I dont think you are getting what he's saying. If you do it right, you can scan the floor above without exposing yourself.....

OK yea I misread that, and in the case of 1st person the person camping a stair well will always have advantage. I hope they make stuns a bit better, right now they are ass. However, if you know he is up there at no point to you really have to push in on him. Unless of course the absolute final circle is in a house, and out of who knows, like a 100 games, I haven't seen that happen (or at least wasn't alive to...) I'm talking more about pushing final circles where "the trees have eyes" kind of bullshit.

xzi

Mouthbreather
I'll be playing on the first person serves when they become available. I think if you want information on your surroundings then you need to be in a position to be seen as well. I do see the argument for third person though since that is how this game's predecessors played.

Can't wait for it, first person to me would add a lot more to the intensity as well. It's sort of annoying that I can lay on top of a roof and see absolutely everything while nobody could possibly know I'm there. I've won at least 3 or 4 games doing that and it's just lame. But I'm not gonna disadvantage myself right now by always playing first person, lol.

Xevy

Log Wizard
I don't understand this. In 3rd person you are already looking east but from behind a rock or a tree or a dip or whatever. You don't have to expose yourself to see the person running up either.

So yes, but before you have to run to the safe zone you can hide before an object and safely scan for movement. Many times you'll catch some one out of cover checking around real quick, then back into cover as circle launches. I feel as though 1st person will mean your only chance of seeing them is on the run in and it's going to be a one-way ticket to fucktown. There will be a lot more interesting stuff though with SMG's and such as people will be running next to each other late game without even knowing it and the first person to turn can probably spray down the other, but then again, most rifles on Auto are just as good or better than most SMG's (Vector aside).

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
The custom games have first person. I've played about 10 of those. It's tough. Driving is alot harder with lots of blind crests.

Suppressing fire works.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Real life has been kicking my ass this week, we still got a group for Friday night? I'll be streaming.

Ryoz

<Donor>
I'll prob be around Friday. Not sure how many of you I have on friends. Throw yours out or add me - Proobz.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I have the same name on steam, but I don't speak so it kind of automagically makes me terrible. They need text chat or something.

But yea that terrible + my bad aim means I'm double terrible.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Get better headphones. I deal with that shit constantly with my 2s partner. I'll be down and getting revived by him and I'll have to be the one to tell him that someone is coming and he's always all "where where where I don't hear anything" when to me it's plain as day they are walking to to us from X direction or whatever.

xzi

Mouthbreather
I have the same name on steam, but I don't speak so it kind of automagically makes me terrible. They need text chat or something.

Yeah, I feel like they really need to add text to at least just squad or duo. No need to be able to talk to other groups, just the people you're queued with would be a huge QOL for some things/people without mics.