PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I didn't mean get rid of it, just implementing "hardcore" mode or whatever they're calling it.

I will say 3rd person makes for some interesting tactical advantages (and thereby more fun), but it's kind of a shit mechanic on a game that prides itself on realism.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
They patch weekly, they've also said they've found the hiccuping netcode issue but it will take some time to fix.

I believe they took last week off, but usually they patch very early Thursday morning.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
How often are they releasing patches for this?

I'm guessing they're probably working on an optimization patch, as that's probably the biggest issue with the game. That, and getting rid of 3rd person mode.

Also, I don't drink -- I'm assuming that bars me from participation in your game nights?

Nope not at all. Sober people are welcome too. Just prepare to lose after a bit lol :)

Dandain

Trakanon Raider
I didn't mean get rid of it, just implementing "hardcore" mode or whatever they're calling it.

I will say 3rd person makes for some interesting tactical advantages (and thereby more fun), but it's kind of a shit mechanic on a game that prides itself on realism.

Don't tell yourself that a fixed eyeball with no head swivel or eye movement is "more real". The third person camera actually lets an individual scan the horizon in a far more effective way related to how you would in reality than if you were stuck inside the head of FPS you. Without VR to allow your vision to scan directions you are not traveling, this requires a ton of non natural flicks of the mouse to constantly be scanning your field of view inside 1st person. I'm not saying either one is REAL, but the 3rd person camera scanning has more in common with reality than a fixed eyeball first person. There are clearly cases when either visual scheme are way outside normal experience, like staring at a wall but being able to see around it in 3rd. And flicking your head around like a psycho in 1st.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Fadaar

That guy
Don't tell yourself that a fixed eyeball with no head swivel or eye movement is "more real". The third person camera actually lets an individual scan the horizon in a far more effective way related to how you would in reality than if you were stuck inside the head of FPS you. Without VR to allow your vision to scan directions you are not traveling, this requires a ton of non natural flicks of the mouse to constantly be scanning your field of view inside 1st person. I'm not saying either one is REAL, but the 3rd person camera scanning has more in common with reality than a fixed eyeball first person. There are clearly cases when either visual scheme are way outside normal experience, like staring at a wall but being able to see around it in 3rd. And flicking your head around like a psycho in 1st.

Being able to peak over walls without exposing yourself and getting a 360 degree view while prone without moving is pretty bullshit from a realism perspective. However both of these things got me my first win today, so whatevs. First person mode will just end up with more people camping indoors instead of outdoors.

jeydax

Death and Taxes
I'm bored and have no one to play with tonight. If anyone is on and looking for a partner or another person, add me on steam (jeydax).

Nemesis

Bridgeburner

Or, you could hold ALT and freelook in whatever direction you want while running in any direction. I dont buy that seeing your body from a 3rd person perspective is realistic in any way at all, and certainly not more so than 1st person.

anyway, i enjoy 3rd person view.

and dammit muur, i was just about to post that vid

• 1Like

Ryoz

<Donor>
Saw my first chicken last night in squad play. Feels good.

IMG_0528.JPG

• 1Like

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Did you just take a picture of your monitor with you cellphone. Wakandan do you even know how to computer.

• 1Like

Ryoz

<Donor>
lol naw that was my buddy, see how he has 0 kills, I had to carry him hard. or I just stole his kills if you listen to that bs.

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
The lack of a locational damage pip bugs me more. I definitely know where I got nailed from when I'm playing paintball.

GeneralF

Golden Knight of the Realm
It took two weeks to get our first chicken dinner as a squad. Then a couple of games later, we drop at the school, and the pot cookie kicks in. When we take the school we lose a guy immediately so it was only 2 of us. While we take and defend the school, I knock out the same teamate twice, and laugh myself to tears. We proceed to chase the circle, win our second chicken dinner and I kill eleven guys with my potato skills. Man, this game~

chickendinner2.jpg

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
So, I barely remember playing but I went all Sarg on the team (Of Rerollers) We made it to us, against another team, and I couldn't shoot.... which defeated the purpose.

@brekk Shit!