PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds

GeneralF

Golden Knight of the Realm
You can go in with 3 or you can have it auto matchmake you with another. We normally just go 3 deep since you never know what the hell your 4th is going to do.

I hope they add trio games.

Me and my buddies disabled auto-matching and I'm 90% sure we only faced other 3 person teams.

Vimeseh

Trakanon Raider
Well, just got out of a game where my squad of three killed two four man squads in pochinki. Complete with lots of shit talking cause the last squad was bad.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
It's 3 and 4's mixed, we have gotten mowed down by many 4 man groups as a 3 man group.

GeneralF

Golden Knight of the Realm
Man we must've been hella lucky. Out of about a dozen games I don't think we ever fought a full 4 man team.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Lots of 4 man squads will lose a member early on during the initial scramble too.

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
^----

It never occured to me before, but I have to agree. Considering all the factors it's likely 3v3 doesn't exist, choose not to pug, it's just you.

As is, notice in squad games etc where you see just one clown landing somewhere or sometimes 2? I imagine that's people that qued squad via mm only.

Might be worth pugging a 4th to earn some extra team rank/points but also dont know when they will hose you down or otherwise make a mess of things.

Xevy

Log Wizard
We occasionally run 3 and I don't like PUGing. Mostly because the chance of them being annoying/commanding/bad is pretty high. That and my teammates don't turn on team chat because they fucking suck, so I end up playing UN translator which is super not fun in a major fire fight or during looting. Also, not to be a dick, but who the fuck wants some one who is solo in Squads? (I too have been solo in Squads)

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
We tried pugging one. The guy got in a car and was following us as we were on foot(line was close). Which of course just tells everywhere where we are by the noise, so we shot him and never checked that box again. Sucks that box is checked by default and will re-check if you change anything(ie adding a person), so you have to un-check it again.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Duo'd tonight with brother-in-law.

3 matches, got a win on the last. Think we're about to play another though.

It was mostly down to luck. Circle was good for us. We had high ground at the lumber yard and it kept us just barely in it.

Edit: Fuck, 4th match was intense. Got pinned by two other groups. Revived teammate twice and took out all of them solo. Then had another 2 come up on us, killed teammate, and then I took those fuckers out too. Ended up in 4th place because of bad circle though.

Getting a shit load better at it now though. I'm actually hitting people and killing them. Really enjoying this game.

Last edited:
  • 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
FCH and I finally got our first Duo win last night. And sure enough circle's being in our favor was a big part of it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Having to move a lot will definitely fuck you in this game. Grats on the win!

Fadaar

That guy
I really do wish the initial circle was either bigger or took longer to activate. Sucks ass having to run across the whole fucking map.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
I don't even bother. If I sand like in the northwest shipping containers and the first circle is military island I'll just leave unless I can see a car in my immediate vicinity.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'm super tempted to grab this after watching it on Twitch constantly the past few days in the background, but I have 0 time to play and have never played a battle royal thing before. Still, looks fun

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Hey guys I made this the game of the month for the community. Also, it will be a drunk gaming weekend so I say we tear it up! :)

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
How often are they releasing patches for this?

I'm guessing they're probably working on an optimization patch, as that's probably the biggest issue with the game. That, and getting rid of 3rd person mode.

Also, I don't drink -- I'm assuming that bars me from participation in your game nights?

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
3rd person isn't going away. Eventually there will be a first person only queue and no one will use it cause 3rd is just more fun.