PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds

Gorehack

Lord Nagafen Raider
I think the map is too big and too empty. Bad RNG /loot and having to hoof it half way across the map sucks.

There definitely needs to be map improvements. I understand that because of the size, littering it with dense trees and buildings will increase lag, but there are too many "forest but not forest" areas in the game. Big flat open areas and weird hilly areas that don't mesh well at all. Buildings are spread out in such a weird ass way. Just look at the Rozhok/school/apartments area. No roads or sidewalks leading to or from the apartments to the school, shit like that.

The entire northeast side of the map is just wasted space as well. Couple sparse buildings, ruins with shitty loot, and a "mountain" with super sparse trees all over it.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
I think aside from the red zones, which need to be removed or completely redone, the RNG in this game is fine for it as a game. As an esport I really don't want them to try and shoehorn in "sportiness" into the game just for the sake of it being a thing. It's fine watching streamers play because you're following a person or squad on a misadventure, but trying to competently and interestingly spectate and comment on 100 person free for all is just absurd. Humans aren't wired to care about that many things at once and so you end up with most people just having a handful (at most) players they care about in a match and the tourney stream can't possibly cater to each of them.

The only way I could see it possibly maybe manifesting is if each person has their own individual stream AND there's a tourney stream so fans can watch their players and tune into the "main" stream or alternate ones when their favorites die. The reason LoL and DotA2 succeeded as esports is because the games themselves lend incredibly well to that format. Battle Royale games do not inherently do that.

That's not to say I don't think they can do something and broadcast it, I just think they have some dream of being the next LoL of esports and I don't see it working the way the game is now.

• 1Solidarity

Dandain

Trakanon Raider
I personally just don't like the gameplay that's maximized in solo. But this is also why I play dota, 2's 3's in rocket league, and will pub squad in this game. I can see why people like solo though, just like those who prefer 1v1 FPS dueling games/fighting games/etc. I enjoy the added dimension of teamplay, but I understand why some people view that same added dimension as annoying working with strangers.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Duo's are by and large the hardest of the three modes. And I'd agree that camping is most prevalent in duo's because solo's has everyone rambo trying to get 20+ kills and squads are hard to camp because you have to be in a house and everyone else SUSPECTS teams to be in those houses.

Hardest part of this game right now is Blue Circle again. I literally only die because people in safe zone have me pinned outside safe zone and there's nothing to be done but run and pray.

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
Duo's are by and large the hardest of the three modes. And I'd agree that camping is most prevalent in duo's because solo's has everyone rambo trying to get 20+ kills and squads are hard to camp because you have to be in a house and everyone else SUSPECTS teams to be in those houses.

Hardest part of this game right now is Blue Circle again. I literally only die because people in safe zone have me pinned outside safe zone and there's nothing to be done but run and pray.
I have this trend going where I keep getting killed my people who end up dying in the blue just to kill me, instead of moving into the safe zone.....its super frustrating in top10 moments.

Personally I find Duo's harder, for many reasons but one is a lot of my friends are new to the game and tend to not play many FPS games.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Some of these guys have insane gun control, I also can't imagine playing for thousands of dollars on top of a game that already makes my heart pound. Win and die of a heart attack in the arena.

EDIT: I kind of wish Dr. Disrespect was there in character/costume just screaming.

Last edited:
  • 1Worf

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
Today they are having issues with the first person duos portion of the tourney. They have already had to restart the game 2 times. People are lagging the fuck out, freezing in the airplane.

Vimeseh

Trakanon Raider
I have this trend going where I keep getting killed my people who end up dying in the blue just to kill me, instead of moving into the safe zone.....its super frustrating in top10 moments.

Personally I find Duo's harder, for many reasons but one is a lot of my friends are new to the game and tend to not play many FPS games.

Nothing in the game triggers me more then this. I mean, if I know I'm dying outside the playzone 100% and I can shoot some poor bastard in the back to take them with me, then hell yah I will. But so many of times I've been killed/exposed by some stupid shit who has plenty of time to get in to the playzone and then take their shot at you. Instead they shoot you up and either get in a gunfight that leaves them dead to blue even if they killed me or shot down by the guy 20 yards to the right who gets involved because of the gunfire. Dumb motherfuckers.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
The camera guy is so shit for this. Almost rather watch individual streamers.

Edit: Game 3 for FPP Duos was much better. And I've got to give them props for having someone from the company come out right at the end saying, "Yeah, we fucked up on this and this, and we'll try to make it better."

Last edited:

Fadaar

That guy
Nothing in the game triggers me more then this. I mean, if I know I'm dying outside the playzone 100% and I can shoot some poor bastard in the back to take them with me, then hell yah I will. But so many of times I've been killed/exposed by some stupid shit who has plenty of time to get in to the playzone and then take their shot at you. Instead they shoot you up and either get in a gunfight that leaves them dead to blue even if they killed me or shot down by the guy 20 yards to the right who gets involved because of the gunfire. Dumb motherfuckers.

Oh I'm a completely vindictive asshole when playing duos or squads. I make it a point that if a teammate dies early that I will knockdown and execute at least one person before I quit out. None of this leave immediately bullshit, I'm making another team suffer too.

• 1Worf

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Gamescon crates rising pretty steadily now that they are removed from the client. I've got 10 saved up that I didn't sell already, wonder how high they will go?

spronk

FPS noob
prob $15/ea, i'd hold on!

got my first and only solo chicken dinner today after ~70 games, feelsgoodman. I feel like I beat the game now and don't need to play anymore

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
I know there's a few open custom match makers out there but I really want them to open that up more. I want to do some pistol only matches damnit.

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
God damn, every other patch it seems lately from pubg causing me to BSOD when I try and play it. Last time it was an issue with battleye.....now to figure what happened this time.